A Little Tank Update

• SRC Member
yeah..i figured you will accept the suggestion of another RSB classic much much readily and easily than trying to push another brand or type of skimmer to you..

or else will end up with testimonials from you again about the prowess of your RSBclassic again  :P

have already kinda figured your kinda reefing methodology and mindset already  :lol:

no problem lah...just voicing out my frank opinion and suggestions as a fellow reefer, experience not vast as yours definitely, i better go check my birthdate, maybe you started reefing while i was still teething  :lol: 

so gotta respect that no matter wat  :bow:

the real experts out there are the ones not commenting, i am just a casual reefer farting around with my posts  :lol:

no lah....don't consider myself really expert.....making me feel so old one ah.... :lol:

actually i am open into trying new things just like the refigium suggestion so another brand of skimmer I would welcome the idea anytime...... ;) I am just use to the RSB classic thats all but don't deny the prowess of other skimmers like the Turboflotor 5,000 from aquamedic for instance , EV , Beckett etc.... :lol:

Just to let you know I don't have a fixed mindset and am willing to try out newer and better equipment out there..... ;)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah...it is said that an ozoniser can improve skimmer performance by 30%..dunno real or not..hehe

i also have my sanders ozoniser hooked to the ev240 now and then, dun use them all the time now...

hmmm.... me also quite skeptical of whether a ozoniser really helps...... :blink:

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
yeah...it is said that an ozoniser can improve skimmer performance by 30%..dunno real or not..hehe

i also have my sanders ozoniser hooked to the ev240 now and then, dun use them all the time now...

thats why my RSB performance is good....he...he..... :lol: I am sure you can tell bro.Roidan wether your skimming has improved or not..... ;)

• SRC Member

Yup, got mine on the ev240 and running it 24/7 at full throttle (50mg) of course with controller/monitor.

FOr me, not interested in the skimming quality yet cos super low bioload...me more interested in the ozone helping me eradicate the bloody damned ICH issue... now coupled with 36W of UV.. tag-team...

and there is hope of a cure for ICH parasite in the Interceptor med used in the US..

• SRC Member
Yup, got mine on the ev240 and running it 24/7 at full throttle (50mg) of course with controller/monitor.

FOr me, not interested in the skimming quality yet cos super low bioload...me more interested in the ozone helping me eradicate the bloody damned ICH issue... now coupled with 36W of UV.. tag-team...

and there is hope of a cure for ICH parasite in the Interceptor med used in the US..

whoa....bro Alfa....powerful eradication methods there.... :eyebrow: I think the dammed Ich would definitely be frightened now.... :D No sign of it right? Choi-Choi

the chiller stand was custom made by my tank maker because of my window height and space constraint. You've not connected your chiller yet?...... :blink:

Now that reminds me I am still waiting for him to make my sump :P

My chiller is connected and running now but sitting on the floor. My tank would have crashed long ago with the old chiller if I sit there and wait :P

• SRC Member

Now that reminds me I am still waiting for him to make my sump :P

My chiller is connected and running now but sitting on the floor. My tank would have crashed long ago with the old chiller if I sit there and wait :P

:whistle your tank almost crashed? whoa....luckily you connected your chiller in time.... :)

you better get your tank fixed though....thought you arranged already that night.... :blink: