Iwaki connection to Piping

Maxima

• SRC Member

Juz curious on how fellow reefers who have used external pumps like Iwaki, GMP or Resun connect piping to their pumps. RC tend to favour expoxy the piping straight to pump, in S'pore, I see more people using flex rubber hose and in Europe most reefers uses flex spa pvc. Maybe anyone con contribute base on experience, what's the best practice.

:thanks:

Max

The Americans may prefer to hard pipe to the pump but in the end they also use flex hose/flex pvc to reduce head loss.

We tend to use hose and then hard pipe all the way into the tank.

I don't think there is any right or wrong... just that using the hose would help greatly reduce vibrations from the pump.

Hard piping all the way may eventually weaken some joint due to the continuous vibration?

Using a rubber/neoprene cushion would also help reduce vibrations.

• SRC Member

I don't like flexible hose because they are untidy. I use PVC pipes for everything except the chiller. My Iwaki uses a threaded joint.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
:D Maxima previous i read about u as if u know a lot of things! Why ur asking such a stupid questions? u *expletive* cork...

I believe this is totally unwarranted for .. please watch your words :angry:

Life is a Cruel Teacher. It punishes you first and then gives you the lesson

Hi Haha... I'll await your explanation why a newcomer to SRC at the very first post will use implied expletives on a member here.

Please apologize to Maxima or I'll have to suspend your account. Your post is in violation of our terms and conditions of use.

Please be friendly to people as a common courtesy.

Achilles Tang

Administrator

• SRC Member
:D Maxima previous i read about u as if u know a lot of things! Why ur asking such a stupid questions? u *expletive* cork...

Dear HaHa..

You ready sound and smell like one. Thanks for your commend, next time act like a man :blink: Anyway, I know who you are and forgive someone who wet his panties like a cry baby :P

Max