Shark's Fins

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just read news that Spain (if i am not wrong) is one of the countries that export a lot of shark fins and they have blocked an EU ruling to stop listing sharks under CITIES... its commercial greed at work here!

as for sharks makan ppl, I have chance to talk to this hawaiian guy, he told me those ppl who can frequent chomp at his country while doing surfing, they dun blame the sharks. cause they are in the sharks terrority, unless the sharks start jumpin out of the water, n bite ppl off the road.

I buy a few cans of abalone for my inlaws..

hey, may have lobang to buy, if want. self-collection north lah.. wholesale prices.. direct from supplier. maybe one can cheaper $5-10 (comparing retail price)

if u know me, I dun profit anything. no promise yet.

• SRC Member

The shark fins and bird nest are really cheap in Bangkok. My friends and I really had a feast. :)

Maybe they should start cloning sharks instead of sheeps. :idea:

Life is a Cruel Teacher. It punishes you first and then gives you the lesson

• SRC Member

Hahaz...... Even if you clone shark or breed them you still have to lift them outta the water and cut their fins and leave them to die right? The only thing is that this wont really hur the eco system. The best way is to stop eating them. But this is ironic because why dont we question ourselves of keeping chickens in coops and kill em for food and keep crocs for their skin. This is the irony of us humans. We are beings that do harm to our enviroment. But how can we do about it. We are humans......

Perharps the best way is that we all turn to veggie.... but thats not possible aint it???

:blink::blink:

• SRC Member
Hahaz...... Even if you clone shark or breed them you still have to lift them outta the water and cut their fins and leave them to die right?

Why would we need to cut the fins to do cloning of the whole anatomy? <_<

Perharps the best way is that we all turn to veggie.... but thats not possible aint it???

I do help out by going vege every 1st and 15th of the month :angel:

Life is a Cruel Teacher. It punishes you first and then gives you the lesson

• SRC Member

Wow, i read with disgust at some of the comments here. Why should we be encauraging the cruel treatment of animals. the sharks are suffocating to death for god's sake.

I really hope that the sharks can pass on some kind of disease from eating their fins and those who consume it will develop incurable disease that will slowly drown them like what i happening to the sharks when they get their fins cut.

Maybe then ppl will stop eating.

Olden Chinese Emperors are uneducated but we would like to expect more from the modern educated folks instead of blindly following tradition no matter what the cost.

Have a think about it , seriously.

Dunt mean to be harsh but the seriousness cannot be diminished by simply joking about it.

When the Buying stops, the killing stops too.

Regards

relax.. its cruel but this thing been practising for centuries.. just can't ask the ppl to stop just like dat..

same like smoking.. not everyone got will power like myself.

quit, next day dun smoke liao.. (after abt 6-7years of smokin)

try tying some of the guys up when the shark fin are served. slowly the craving will goes..

to stop people from consuming sharks fins is the equvilant of telling people that you don't need to wear clothes. nobody will buy that idea and it'll take a lot of convincing and coaxing to prove to them that it can be done.

as for the chicken farm thing. well maybe because we kill the darn chicken altogether for everything on it. feathers for feather duster. chicken bones for soup broth. meat for makan. eggs for makan. you don't do that to a shark. you just cut the darn fin and throw the fellow big into the sea, letting it rot and waste to death. =(

Hmm i never eat shark fin for 3 years already.. Knowing that poor sharks are being kill because of their fins, i have decided to stop consuming them... I trying my best to tell my relatives to stop consuming shark fin and now my uncle and auntie has stop consuming shark fin also.

Remember when the buying stop, ythe killing will too ;););)

• SRC Member

Is the population of Shark decreasing at an alarming rate?

sometimes, it's the NGO trying to create stories to justify their own existance.

I remember abt 2-3 yrs back, they claimed that Shark fin contained mercury in an attempt to discourage consumption, and endup mroe like a hoax!

Maybe it is the method of harvesting the Shark fin is cruel. Not the consumption. :peace:

The main reason why people eat shark fin soup is that the soup is tasty. But WAIT...try eating the shark fin itself and you will know it is totally TASTELESS.

It's the crab that makes the soup tasty.

So instead of spending so much money on shark fin..mind as well spend the same amount on chilli crabs or lobster salad instead. It makes far more sense. B)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
You know what makes sharks fin soup so nice to eat?

It's the CHICKEN BROTH!!!

The sharks fin itself is just a tasteless gelatin-like mass.

i read somewhere that eating sharkfin soup is as good as eating ur fingernails

• SRC Member

I totally agree with helping to lessen the consumption of shark's fin, by starting from myself as an example. Eat less, it wont hurt. I wont encourage anybody to provide shark fin at their wedding dinner too. wats the big deal anyway? One person seems little effect, but many ppl doin it, will accumulate to saving alot of shark's life. Shark meat is tough and horrible anyway.

I think Singaporeans are so damn selfish, saying all the excuses about worrying bout stingy, i should say they are worrying about their ownselves lor. Just plain selfish. As usual, Singaporeans need to learn the hard way. Either Singapore starts to ban Shark's fin, carry out fines, or watever, then Singaporeans will start to complain. This is wat we are. Selfish and GREEDY and Inconsiderate.

AND ALSO, I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO ENCOURAGE PPL TO STOP THE IMPORT OF ENDANGERED ANIMALS, LIVE OR DEAD. INCLUDING 'SPARE PARTS' FOR 'MEDICINAL PURPOSES'. NO RHINO HORNS, NO ELEPHANT TUSKS, NO TIGER PENISES OR SKINS. YOU WONT F@#KING DIE WITHOUT IT. PLS DONT BE PERVERT AND HARM THOSE ANIMALS. PLS... LEAVE THOSE ANIMALS ALONE. THEY BELONG TO THE WILD, THE TIGER PENISES WONT HELP YOU REGAIN YOUR LOSER IMPOTENCE ANYWAY. PLS HELP TO RAISE AWARENESS TO EDUCATE THE PPL AROUND YOU (OLD PPL ESPECIALLY). BEFORE WE HAF EXTINCT RHINOS AND TIGERS. PLS. THEY ARE HEAVENLY MADE BEAUTIFUL ANIMALS. ANIMALS ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THINGS ON THIS EARTH.

• SRC Member

AND YA, DO REPORT THOSE MEDICINAL HALLS/SHOPS WHEN YOU KNOW THEY ARE SELLING THE ILLEGAL ANIMALS PARTS.

DO A LITTLE PART FOR THE SOCIETY, IT WILL BENEFIT US IN THE WHOLE.

A recent article in the newpaper stated that sadly, alot of illegal animal parts are being smuggled into singapore, and sometimes re-exported to somewhere else. Those poachers in places like Indonesia are still killing tigers and ripping their skins and parts for Singaporeans who will pay them to do it. REMEMBER. THESE TIGERS/ANIMALS DIE FOR NOTHING. NOTHING... THEY DIED ONLY FOR OUR GREED, OUR SELFISHNESS, OUR IGNORANCE AND VANITY. THEY DIED FOR NOTHING.

Their skins got ripped for nothing. They got killed for nothing. Pls.. I hope nobody wants such a beautiful animal to disappear from the face of the earth.