OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

Loook too similar to a tryssogobius to pay $500 for it...

They are found 10x deeper and only in Japan water. That's why more expensive.

But small gobies like these at 500, i agree too expensive to pay for that short lifespan.

• Senior Reefer

Pauci butterfly again in Japan. They sell for only S$300 or 18000 yen!

VERY expensive considering it's a common red sea butterflyfish in the wild.

compare with the other red sea fish price.

semilarvatus <$100

mesoleucos <$100

purple tang <$100

sohal tang < to ~ $100

red sea regal i don't know coz too many years never see

red sea banner fish < $100

red sea flasher wrasse < $100

paucifasciatus $300!?

i'd still buy it though.

They are found 10x deeper and only in Japan water. That's why more expensive.

But small gobies like these at 500, i agree too expensive to pay for that short lifespan.

And might disappeared anytime, the highest I have paid for a goby is the white cap...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

VERY expensive considering it's a common red sea butterflyfish in the wild.

compare with the other red sea fish price.

semilarvatus <$100

mesoleucos <$100

purple tang <$100

sohal tang < to ~ $100

red sea regal i don't know coz too many years never see

red sea banner fish < $100

red sea flasher wrasse < $100

paucifasciatus $300!?

i'd still buy it though.

As a reference, the japanese pay S$220 for semilarvatus and S$260 for a medium size asfur, so when they pay S$300 for the pauci it's considered v cheap and to them not a fish so rare that the price is overly high.

• Senior Reefer

As a reference, the japanese pay S$220 for semilarvatus and S$260 for a medium size asfur, so when they pay S$300 for the pauci it's considered v cheap and to them not a fish so rare that the price is overly high.

ok that makes more sense now that we put the japanese price into perspective.

i assumed that the pauci was $300 converted to sg price and so were everything else in their regular red sea shipment.

not a very impressive looking species but as far as rarity goes, one of the more difficult to obtain meiacanthus.

It has always been one of my favourite due to its slight resemblance to the kamoharai blenny but it has less black.

It is extremely rare. Dejong ones were the last and only time i heard of and had any chance of obtaining. Thereafter no more news. Not enough pics and info on the net, nothing. V rarely collected blenny.

• Senior Reefer

It has always been one of my favourite due to its slight resemblance to the kamoharai blenny but it has less black.

It is extremely rare. Dejong ones were the last and only time i heard of and had any chance of obtaining. Thereafter no more news. Not enough pics and info on the net, nothing. V rarely collected blenny.

found where?

fishbase say coral sea region .

• Senior Reefer

it's found in bali.

what i'm thinking is it's a hybrid between an eibli and the indian ocean cocos island lemonpeel that rarely waifs there.

but there's somthing else special about it.

it resembles the undescribed angelfish centropyge cf. eibli from australia, rowley shoals.

john coppolino say it has vrolikii blood in it though, so it's a tri-hybrid.

found where?

fishbase say coral sea region .

Think it came thru an aussie shipment.

a good picture of an unidentified angelfish from bali.

it is not a tigerpyge.

anyone can guess what it is?

So beautiful. It is a small tigerpyge from the pic, and tat's all i think. No triple hybrid ba.

• Senior Reefer

Think it came thru an aussie shipment.

So beautiful. It is a small tigerpyge from the pic, and tat's all i think. No triple hybrid ba.

it's a hybrid between a cocos lemonpeel and a eibli x vroliki hybrid according to copps.

"Lemon, the dark shading from the caudal fin goes pretty far anteriorly... which I've only ever seen on fish with input from vrolikii... like the flavissima/ vrolikii hybrids from the central Pacific... with where this fish is from I wouldn't be surprised if the parents of this fish are a Christmas Island (Indian Ocean) lemonpeel and a vrolikii/ eibli hybrid... which is entirely possible..."

- copps

it's a hybrid between a cocos lemonpeel and a eibli x vroliki hybrid according to copps.

"Lemon, the dark shading from the caudal fin goes pretty far anteriorly... which I've only ever seen on fish with input from vrolikii... like the flavissima/ vrolikii hybrids from the central Pacific... with where this fish is from I wouldn't be surprised if the parents of this fish are a Christmas Island (Indian Ocean) lemonpeel and a vrolikii/ eibli hybrid... which is entirely possible..."

- copps

Unless Vroliki x eilbi can be found in CI... But from what he describe, it does looks like a tri hybrid...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp