OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

Since we are on the anthias topic.

Here is a v healthy Odontanthias Unimaculatus (only from Japan) kept for over a year by a japanese.

Here is a full grown fuscipinnis anthias! This one is as big as the waikiki one and it has the mean baddie look which is what makes me fall in love with the genus.

this video must be taken in midway atoll right?

the only place where they live in such shallow depths for filming.

Most likely. If not some where in north western side of hawaii where personatus occurs at regular scuba depth.

from japan if i'm not wrong...

personatus is ridiculously rare and cost 20k a pair

coralfriend is a pretty well known seadragons lover in HK.. I believe he is the owner of this pair.. Cheers..

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Bro digi, don tel me u r getting tis pair!!!!

Lol!!!! :P

Nope the pair available to us through M3 was sold and taken, but not to any one of us here, so we have no chance of seeing these magnificent fish in person.

Anyway i can't afford, but i know of someone who can, but we were too late to getting the fish. Sigh!

coralfriend is a pretty well known seadragons lover in HK.. I believe he is the owner of this pair.. Cheers..

This pair of personatus belongs to Dr. Wing Hung Chung from HK. He bought over this pair from a renown LFS in Japan, the B-Box Aquarium about two years back. It was price close to $30k while at B-Box, of course some discount was given, but the pair is still well over 20k when the deal was closed.

This pair currently has upgraded into a bigger and dedicated system and is spawning regularly. Kudos to the amazing husbandry skills of Dr Wing.

Nope the pair available to us through M3 was sold and taken, but not to any one of us here, so we have no chance of seeing these magnificent fish in person.

Anyway i can't afford, but i know of someone who can, but we were too late to getting the fish. Sigh!

This pair of personatus belongs to Dr. Wing Hung Chung from HK. He bought over this pair from a renown LFS in Japan, the B-Box Aquarium about two years back. It was price close to $30k while at B-Box, of course some discount was given, but the pair is still well over 20k when the deal was closed.

This pair currently has upgraded into a bigger and dedicated system and is spawning regularly. Kudos to the amazing husbandry skills of Dr Wing.

Yup, below is his reef home page.. :)

http://lindacws.com/hung/

and both angel was discussed in reefcentral... Cheers... :)

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1398816&page=2

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• Senior Reefer

the brasiliensis is one of my fav prognathodes.

it's a higher class evovled yellow longnose butterfly In my opinion.

the flavocoronatus, without a doubt, gorgeous and super rare.

• Senior Reefer

Any idea what is the diff between Prognathodes aculeatus and Prognathodes Brasiliensis? We have recently imported the Prognathodes aculeatus for a customer.

Cheers

aculeatus is smaller, and very light brown.

brasiliensis is a GOREOUS yellow-white and has some accents of green on the unpaired fins.

i think geographical location too. dont think the species overlap in range.]

if you could source for brasiliensis, that would be great

Prognathodes brasiliensis usually looks like a washed out and more expensive version of P. aculeatus. I would much rather have the regular Caribbean longnose than P. brasiliensis, but the later is no longer exported as Brazil has banned the export of endemic reef fish species including Gramma brasiliensis and St. Paul's Rock Queen Angelfish.