OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer
After the tigerpyge here comes another hybrid to drool on..

coral farm had this last weeek. what is it do u know?

*edit* upon closer look. coral farm had this EXACT same one. dunno what it was. so cool

*edit* upon closer look. coral farm had this EXACT same one. dunno what it was. so cool

Bro, you sure? So far only one reported by reef builders if my memory doesnt fail me.. The one shown is a possible natural hybrid of elibi and heraldi pygmy angel..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

It's most prob a cross of two very common angels: heraldi and bicolor.

Agree w Terryz that tigerpyge is much more beautiful, but nevertheless its still a v unique hybrid.

• SRC Member

:evil: Ahem...tis HYBRID has been 'hiding' yet openly available at a well-known LFS...Ooops shhh. :eyebrow:

This fish is labelled a hybrid (or may jux be an aberrant) and priced $400. Can u see its difference from the ordinary lemonpeel.

• SRC Member

:lol: Aiyoh...'chuen poh' already lo. Hee Hee :eyebrow:

yes i am sure that bicolour/helraldi hybrid was at CF... or at least another speciment that looked 90% identical. i ask the aunty and she said she wasnt sure too.

Yes personatus is the most expensive, if not the second most expensive in the trade, after boylei.

Look at this pair of Chaetodontoplus poliourus. It's a newly described (on 31/08/2009) angelfish. Range from Solomon Islands and Palau. Here a link to the Paper. It's published under NUS Raffles Bulletin. It's almost similar to the singapore angels, except for an obvious difference in tail colours.

So next time when we see any singapore angels (Chaetodontoplus mesoleucus), before we turn away in disinterest, remember to check the tail thoroughly and if the tail is white... Grab it! and u've found yourself a gem!

post-10328-1252200943_thumb.jpg

Yes personatus is the most expensive, if not the second most expensive in the trade, after boylei.

Look at this pair of Chaetodontoplus poliourus. It's a newly described (on 31/08/2009) angelfish. Range from Solomon Islands and Palau. Here a link to the Paper. It's published under NUS Raffles Bulletin. It's almost similar to the singapore angels, except for an obvious difference in tail colours.

So next time when we see any singapore angels (Chaetodontoplus mesoleucus), before we turn away in disinterest, remember to check the tail thoroughly and if the tail is white... Grab it! and u've found yourself a gem!

:whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

:upsidedown: I 'passed' the fish otherwise moi LPS gems will be in dire jeopardy. <_<

:evil: Mmmm...I 'sniffed' a real speckled GEM swimming carefreely in ya tanky now. :eyebrow:

So u got the fish? Show pic leh, see if it's more evident of bicolor x heraldi.

:upsidedown: I 'passed' the fish otherwise moi LPS gems will be in dire jeopardy. <_<

:evil: Mmmm...I 'sniffed' a real speckled GEM swimming carefreely in ya tanky now. :eyebrow:

So is the yellow angel still at CF? Surprised if nobody is interested, i'll go down and get it.

I've never like tangs because they are too active, need big tank, ick magnet, aggressive and feed poorly(my past achilles tangs always give me headache on beginning to feed). But this fish changed my opinions about tangs. It's the easist tang, eat pellet immediately after introduction into the tank, its not shy and not agressive towards any of the tank mates and has so much characters. But a pity the price is such a turn-off, if not it'll be the best and easiest tang to keep for everyone.

• Senior Reefer
So is the yellow angel still at CF? Surprised if nobody is interested, i'll go down and get it.

I've never like tangs because they are too active, need big tank, ick magnet, aggressive and feed poorly(my past achilles tangs always give me headache on beginning to feed). But this fish changed my opinions about tangs. It's the easist tang, eat pellet immediately after introduction into the tank, its not shy and not agressive towards any of the tank mates and has so much characters. But a pity the price is such a turn-off, if not it'll be the best and easiest tang to keep for everyone.

nope. not there anymore. wanted to get it but dont dare ask the price.