OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

New odontanthias species found in Atlantic (more info at reefbuilder)

post-10328-0-47083300-1298072466_thumb.j

Super rare nigriocella angel caught alive in vanuatu and send to Japan! (more info at reefbuilder)

post-10328-0-42313400-1298072472_thumb.j

Something rarely seen, baby borbonius anthias

post-10328-0-07557500-1298072590_thumb.j

ahh how interesting.

finally nigriocella appeared. as reefbuilders already mentioned, it's very common in the wild but super cryptic and the epitome of a reclusive fish. u'll never get to see it!

• Senior Reefer

anyone knows what this is? anthias?

post-15983-0-72342800-1298201252_thumb.j

it's a female.

female anthias are very difficult to ID properly because many species have very similar looking females.

but my guess will be either a female of Pseudanhias pulcherrimus or Pseudanthias flavicauda

it's a female.

female anthias are very difficult to ID properly because many species have very similar looking females.

but my guess will be either a female of Pseudanhias pulcherrimus or Pseudanthias flavicauda

It's a female flavicauda at Greenwich aquarium.

• Senior Reefer

It's a female flavicauda at Greenwich aquarium.

oh it's a picture from greenwich?

they say it's flavicauda?

ok at least my initial hunch was right.

hmm lets hope flavicauda anthias appears soon!

Nigriocella, wide range and v shallow, but is one of the rarest angelfish in the world!

It is selling in Japan at S$22000!!! It even beats the price of the super deep personatus angel and is as expensive as another super deep dwarf angel, the peppermint angel!

Unbelievable. Rare fish does not equate beauty. And the nigriocella may not be a beautiful dwarf, but is certainly one of the most expensive!!

Nigriocella, wide range and v shallow, but is one of the rarest angelfish in the world!

It is selling in Japan at S$22000!!! It even beats the price of the super deep personatus angel and is as expensive as another super deep dwarf angel, the peppermint angel!

Unbelievable. Rare fish does not equate beauty. And the nigriocella may not be a beautiful dwarf, but is certainly one of the most expensive!!

From the photo, it doesnt looks impressive to me... But from the video, it is quite nice... Not as dull as the photo...

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

imo nigriocella is one of the most beautiful dwarf angels from that video alone!

look at the brilliant lemon custard yellow! it's so adorable. set against a white background it's so cute.

the pectoral fin base is black and when it flaps the fins, the black shows up very well!

one of the most beautiful dwarves ever iMO!

• Senior Reefer

Pesudanthias pivitera for $1100-$1300 landed?

no one would spend 1k+++ on a privitera anthias.

if there's anyone maybe only digiman.

digi will u spend 1k+ on a privitera?

it's beautifuland v rare but not unobtainable.. can get from quality marine and EZ marine shipments.

dont think singapore is ready for fishes like this yet

edit*

according to digiman, privitera anthias is not as difficult as smithvanizi and flavoguttatus. although they are all closely related and belong in the same complex.

surprisingly easy for a deepwater fish that's related to a complex that's v difficult. but not many specimens came in before so the results are all hear say.

• Senior Reefer

Clarion x Passer!

This fish is now offered to us! Can order thru LCK or M3morph. I guess at least 4k.

I'm no longer keeping big tank, somebody pls get it!!

get it and put in my tank!

i'm not a fan of holacanthus angels and i don't like any of them.

but a clarion x passer is special and it has the orange of the clarion minus the ugly green face.

no one would spend 1k+++ on a privitera anthias.

if there's anyone maybe only digiman.

digi will u spend 1k+ on a privitera?

it's beautifuland v rare but not unobtainable.. can get from EZ marine shipments.

dont think singapore is ready for fishes like this yet

according to digiman, privitera anthias is not as difficult as smithvanizi and flavoguttatus. although they are all closely related and belong in the same complex.

surprisingly easy for a deepwater fish that's related to a complex that's v difficult. but not many specimens came in before so the results are all hear say.

According to LADD (high credibility), privitera anthias is surprisingly not a difficult anthias. It feeds readily and acclimate well to captivity despite being a deepwater anthias. But the price is super high and not many are willing to spend so much on a fish which looks not much different from a queen anthias.

get it and put in my tank!

i'm not a fan of holacanthus angels and i don't like any of them.

but a clarion x passer is special and it has the orange of the clarion minus the ugly green face.

Yes and this clarion hybrid is still a good size! It will be the second smallest clarion hybrid collected, right after Copps clarion hybrid.

V rare and beautiful.

• Senior Reefer

Paracheilinus attenuatus from my friend in hong kong!!

this is by far one of the most beautiful but also very rare flasher wrasse.

and it's only sold for 100 HKD!!!

the pic doesnt show the fish well coz its in a red background like the fish

post-15755-0-01427500-1298373244_thumb.j