OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

And it's v beautiful and unique looking, kick the naoko one side and welcome the new stubby fairy!

Rare fairy wrasse collectors like Huskereef mux be screaming: I want that fish!!

Indonesia has a lot to offer for the hobby. Somebody needs to open a collection centre at those sites where there are no collection currently. These fishes can sell for high price and bring wealth to the locals!

yes it's v unique!

the ventral fin is stubby and so is the dorsal fin. everything is stubby!

the only problem is the orange body colour. it would be better if there's a white belly or a black stripe or something.

i fear it will turn black like naoko in bright lights.

yes it's v unique!

the ventral fin is stubby and so is the dorsal fin. everything is stubby!

the only problem is the orange body colour. it would be better if there's a white belly or a black stripe or something.

i fear it will turn black like naoko in bright lights.

Haha u should fear instead it'll be another fish tat cannot be obtained in the hobby.

• Senior Reefer

Lemon, don't dream of fish la... dream of me striking 10m toto can? :P

hahaha.

before i slept i was thinking of the rubriventralis complex fairy wrasse like naoko, joanallenae, etc.

i was reading a PDF article on the description of naoko fairy wrasse.

so the thoughts were probably still fresh in my mind and then i had a dream...

Assessor Randalli for sale in Japan at S$30 ONLY!! It is a rare assessor and not to be confused with the common assessor macneilli.

This is the A.Randalli for sale(note the yellow spots):

post-10328-0-01115600-1296698767_thumb.j

And this is the common A.Macnelli(aka blue assessor) tat we always get:

post-10328-0-91522200-1296698796_thumb.j

This is one amazing assessor. Possible to get our lfs to bring it in>

i dont think so.

A. randalli is found in taiwan and japan. hard to get fishes from there.

I think A.Randalli is found in western australia too, though i'm not v sure. Next time i'll go CF check the book again.

• Senior Reefer

not sure if this showed up before but baby bandit! :wub:

post-15983-0-14717700-1296900037_thumb.j

such tiny ones never show up before.

anyway to answer your question on the chatbox.

there's no such thing as a venustus x multicolor angel. the range does not overlap and they're from different genus, so cannot hybridise.

there is such thing as a venustus x multibar angel though. (first page of this thread, first post).

the multicolor x coral beauty there's only one piece in the world and it's in bluehabour's owner Koji wada's tank in Japan. also can search in this thread. the search function only works for one word search so you type (beauty) and you can find it.

typing coral, or multicolor will not work so well because these words are used very frequenty in this thread so the results will be better if u type (beauty)

• SRC Member

ah yes yes my mistake should be multibar not multicolor :thumbdown: thanks for pointing that out!

i tried searching, it it the coral beauty with a white body? seems different from the one shown in blue harbor's 2009 calender

• Senior Reefer

okay don't think its the white one anymore.

i see it in one of the video links though it isn't very clear but it matches the calender

this is the only multicolor x coral beauty in BH's tank.

not a very pretty fish but it's legendary.

post-15755-0-40836400-1296901467_thumb.j

when i first heard of it i expected something with the wow factor but oh well :lol: still a nice fish though

The WOW factor lies in it's rarity and not it's beauty!

It's is probably now the rarest dwarf hybrid around with one and only one piece ever appeared for the trade. The second rarest will be potter x fisheri which has recently found another specimen. Right after is the venustus x multibar which has seen a handful.

may i kindly ask what the hell are you trying to do to me!?

and then the music. so dramatic summore!

:angry2:

So nice right. They are all the same size some more.

I think i know why your marginalis died. I'll tell u in pm.

• Senior Reefer

when i first heard of it i expected something with the wow factor but oh well :lol: still a nice fish though

not all hybrids are beautiful. you must know that.

but not all beautiful hybrids are rare.

lemonpeel produces many beautiful hybrids but the hybrids can far outnumber the parent species in some areas!

flame angels also produce many hybrids with rusty angel but the hybrids are not rare.

but some hybrids are just super super rare and owning it is just. omg.

like the multicolor hybrid. true its not beautiful. but a rare fish connoisseur will understand that

1) there is only ONE of it in the world

2) multicolor angels are not prone to hybridisation unlike lemonpeel which shares many similar fish in the same complex.

3) the range of the two speices do overlap but even in the same area, multicolours are usually deeper water fish while multicolour is shallower.

so taking all these into consideration and still manage to produce a hybrid is very amazing. and for such a rare hybrid to be found and caught in the marine trade is even more amazing!

so i appreciate the fish for that and not the beauty. because a pure multicolor or a pure coral beauty will outshine that hybrid in terms of appearnce by 100x. but cannot win the hybrid in terms of the origin and story behind the fish.

every fish tells a story and many a times, the story is what makes the fish unique. not the fish itself. :cheers:

but you're right. it's a very ugly dwarf angel and if i had a chance to choose, i rather a more common rusty x flame angel hybrid.

although the multi color hybrid will make me famous, it will not make me happy! so i rather a rusty flame!!

where is my rusty flame!