OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

Jux for info, the recently brought in yellow tail chromis from philippines.

Scientific Name: Chromis Xanthura ($18~$28, a few pple here own these fishes now)

Found in deepwater in philippines as told by LFS hence the higher price for a chromis. However from the net said the fish can also be found much shallower in Australia water. Nevertheless a v nice chromis.

post-10328-1250236355_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
Chromis Flavicauda

This fish has caused a lot of excitement in the states and it's one of the latest deep water chromis available. And it's big, at 3 inches. Will we see it here? Can we anticipate this fish in our Carribbean or Brazil shipment? If it's available it'll likely fetch a price tag of $150~$200 and this is a fish i yearn to see after the gem tang hype.

Doesn't this look just like a regular yellow tail damsel...? :huh:

The yellow tail damsel (Chrysiptera Parasema) is a damsel, and it costs $1.50. The one shown above is a chromis and less aggressive, deepwater Cobalt Chromis (Chromis Flavicauda), and it costs $150. Of course to average hobbyists, like myself, they look the same and prob not worth the price except for its rarity!

Shown here is a yellow tail damsel (can u tell the diff??)

Blue,%20Yellow%20Tail%20Damsel-1.jpg

• SRC Member
The yellow tail damsel (Chrysiptera Parasema) is a damsel, and it costs $1.50. The one shown above is a chromis and less aggressive, deepwater Cobalt Chromis (Chromis Flavicauda), and it costs $150. Of course to average hobbyists, like myself, they look the same and prob not worth the price except for its rarity!

Shown here is a yellow tail damsel (can u tell the diff??)

Haha... I know for sure if the damsel is stressed, it'll turn dark grey... :upsidedown:

• 2 weeks later...
this looks like one ugly mother of an anthias,Anthias anthias

This anthias anthias is one of my dream deepwater atlantic fish. This one shown is only a 4inch male despite its look and has been in captivity for nine years.