OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

Cant get enough of Lennardi Wrasse!

Here is a small female, 2+" only for sale at LADD.

post-10328-0-88000500-1294705700_thumb.j

Here is a transitioning male in HD video.

And here is a nice male:

Second video resembles Nannacara adoketa somewhat. :idea:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• Senior Reefer

lennardi is unbelievably stunning. it's really, something that's so beautiful you wonder if it's even real!

and it's also one of the rarest wrasses on the face of this planet due to absolutely no collection in the past. but recently many are being collected and for the first time, lennardi is being made available!

but i'm surprised at how cheap it is. for a fish of it's calibre, i would expect to be at least 1.5k at LADD. EZ-marine's stocklist is even cheaper at $150USD!

unbelievable.

• Senior Reefer

i love this video.

tinker's butterlfy is a beautiful fish and worth every cent! it lives in deep water with plenty of rubble as you can see in this video. the habitat has very little corals, and corals is not a major constituent to it's diet.

reef safe with caution.

• Senior Reefer

Ok i know this fish is ygly, but it is a v v rare hybrid Hemitaurichthys thompsoni × Hemitaurichthys polylepis

OH MY GOD!!!

hybrids of hemitaurichthys are unheard of!!!

H. thompsoni is already ridiculously rare in the trade due to it's ugliness, but a hybrdi with polylepis is.... .... legendary!

this butterfly can be added to the list of legends which includes the king x rock beauty, emperor x chrysurus etc etc.

legend legend.

OH MY GOD!!!

hybrids of hemitaurichthys are unheard of!!!

H. thompsoni is already ridiculously rare in the trade due to it's ugliness, but a hybrdi with polylepis is.... .... legendary!

this butterfly can be added to the list of legends which includes the king x rock beauty, emperor x chrysurus etc etc.

legend legend.

Exactly wat i'm thinking too. H.thompsoni is already not available in the trade and now u tell me there's a hybrid of it!

• Senior Reefer

Super rare unknown hybrid genicanthus. But it should not be too tough to guess what the parent species are.

very very nice.

but unfortunately no where as near as the hemitaurichthys hybrid you posted before.

this one definitely has melanospilos as one of it's parents.

the other parent could either be watanabei or lamarck.

a very beautiful hybrid and also v rare. but not legendary.

there are some like this posted in this thread. can search to see.

very very nice.

but unfortunately no where as near as the hemitaurichthys hybrid you posted before.

this one definitely has melanospilos as one of it's parents.

the other parent could either be watanabei or lamarck.

a very beautiful hybrid and also v rare. but not legendary.

there are some like this posted in this thread. can search to see.

I posted two different genicanthus hybrid before. So plus this is three. All three are v different looking and v nice.

V rare and not something tat is totally impossible to get thru our shipment since it's an indo fish.

Next time Irene's shipment mux search thoroughly for genicanthus hybrid also!

• Senior Reefer

Exactly wat i'm thinking too. H.thompsoni is already not available in the trade and now u tell me there's a hybrid of it!

there's one more member to the hemitaurichthys genus. it's H. multispinnis and it's incredibly rare. this makes it the 4th member of the genus (if you don't count smithi as a member of hemitaurichthys. some ppl consider that it should be H. smithi).

how rare? not a single photo of a living specimen available anywhere. only recently there has been one photo in a new book which feature fishes of tahiti.

not a single one has ever made it in aquarium.

but like any other hemitaurichthys, probably swarm in the thousands in the wild. it's found in tahiti and nearby islands and it looks like a nicer more streamlined version of thompsoni.

I posted two different genicanthus hybrid before. So plus this is three. All three are v different looking and v nice.

V rare and not something tat is totally impossible to get thru our shipment since it's an indo fish.

Next time Irene's shipment mux search thoroughly for genicanthus hybrid also!

yes very nice. must scan nxt time but super low chance.

if it's from bali, it's lamarck X melanospilos.

if it's from Cebu, it could contain semifasciatus blood or watanabe blood.

but from the looks of it it's definitely a melanospilos X _____________.

the second parent could be anything. but i'm betting on watanabe.

• Senior Reefer

more like misbar bandit lol

anyone care to share his experience of keeping bandit?

whats the survival rate and how reef safe are they?

thanks

the smaller the specimen, the easier to adapt.

bigger ones break down easily and often suffer from decompression problem.

they are also sensitive and tend to start showing problems with health or shipping such as sores, lethargy and just obvious signs of breaking down/

all in all, if you obtain a healthy, good sized specimen about 2-4 inches, it should not be too difficult in getting them to feed.

bandits are very expensive when small. the smaller they are, the more ex.

cooler water is best. about 25-27. try not to exceed. although many ppl in the states reccommend lower temp. it's not possible in our hot country.

reef safeness? my motto is. if you cannot take the risk with angels, then don't keep them in a reef tank at all. i don't believe in percentage of reef safeness. i also don't agree with it. but i conform to it because all other people here believe in this imaginary "percentage" of reef safe.

all fishes are different. some can choose not to eat, some can choose to eat. some are particular and eat only certain corals, some eat everything. how to put a % to that?

if you scared of angels eating corals, then don't keep angels. if you not scared of angels eating corals, then keep angels. you must feel good about it. no point keeping angels in reefs but worry about it everyday.

if you trying bandit i wish you success! it's not easy but it's very rewarding. it's certainly a majestic looking fish and i think it's the nicest fish that exhibits the dichromatic colours of black and white!

thanks again lemon, you are no doubt the fish guru

my gf fall in love with bandit but was shock after i told her price

even shocker after i told the survival rate lol

wish to try but unlikely now, maybe when i am ready...to spend

thanks again and have a great weekend

• Senior Reefer

thanks again lemon, you are no doubt the fish guru

my gf fall in love with bandit but was shock after i told her price

even shocker after i told the survival rate lol

wish to try but unlikely now, maybe when i am ready...to spend

thanks again and have a great weekend

fish guru?

haha that title goes to digiman. i could say i'm his under study :)

angels and butterflies are my latest case studies. so i still have much to learn.

but if you have any questions about wrasses you can ask me. i'm better at those.

fish guru?

haha that title goes to digiman. i could say i'm his under study :)

angels and butterflies are my latest case studies. so i still have much to learn.

but if you have any questions about wrasses you can ask me. i'm better at those.

U're being too humble. A lot of fishes attracts me and so i read and find out about them and i want to try to keep them. But with your bio-chem background i'm sure u read more in depth and will know more details tat i dun know. One good example is flasher wrasses, i jux dun hav the patience u hav to count the number of dorsal spines and check the details on the ###### fins etc.

Anyway, posts the video of the misbar maroon clown here. I dun like maroon clowns, but this one is nice!

• Senior Reefer

yes that maroon clown is the most beautiful maroon i've seen so far. i like it even more than the lightning maroon.

the pattern is so nice! like an art work. the maroon is also very nice but it's a different kind of nice.