OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

roseafascia in the wild. i want mine to grow up like this.

but this wrasse is seriously aggressive. comparable to scotts and pylei!

my marjorie is constantly switching back from male to female because of the roseafascia. it was male, then female, then male and now, becoming female again. despite the other females, it's no use. the roseafascia's assertion is too strong.

post-15755-084761100 1284446584_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

DD just offered this for sales!

:groupwavereversed:

burgess butterfly is the most common of the 5 Roaops sub genus.

they can be commonly found here in singapore but small ones are very very hard to find.

the pair for sale at DD is 3.5 and 4 inches. huge if you ask me.

• Senior Reefer

Digiman, i got this email from Glassbox design.

Hi Lemon,

I wanted to thank you for pointing out P. rubrolineatus. Despite it staring me, and many prominent Japanese fish collectors, writers and publishers in the face, the species slipped through the cracks! I've since discussed this species with Tetsuo Otake and Kiyoshi Endoh and they have confirmed. It was previously unknown in the Japanese market, and likely would have gone so for sometime without your observation.

Here's an excerpt from the message I received:

"Pseudanthias rubrolineatus is officially founded in Japan,

and named as "イトヒキコハクハナダイ, Itohikikohaku hanadai"in Japanese

last month.

Therefore, it is P. rubrolineatus!"

Thanks for always keeping me on my toes!

Best,

Eric

GLASSBOXDESIGN

Would like to thank you for pointing out to us that is is rubrolineatus. if not for you, none of us would have known. so this email should be credited to you.

post-15755-000297200 1284539177_thumb.jp

Digiman, i got this email from Glassbox design.

Hi Lemon,

I wanted to thank you for pointing out P. rubrolineatus. Despite it staring me, and many prominent Japanese fish collectors, writers and publishers in the face, the species slipped through the cracks! I've since discussed this species with Tetsuo Otake and Kiyoshi Endoh and they have confirmed. It was previously unknown in the Japanese market, and likely would have gone so for sometime without your observation.

Here's an excerpt from the message I received:

"Pseudanthias rubrolineatus is officially founded in Japan,

and named as "イトヒキコハクハナダイ, Itohikikohaku hanadai"in Japanese

last month.

Therefore, it is P. rubrolineatus!"

Thanks for always keeping me on my toes!

Best,

Eric

GLASSBOXDESIGN

Would like to thank you for pointing out to us that is is rubrolineatus. if not for you, none of us would have known. so this email should be credited to you.

:rolleyes: they should offer some incentives or something. :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

lol so ugly!

Hmm ugly? Holanthias unimaculatus is deepwater and v v rare from Japan, one of the rarest anthias from Japan local waters like pseudanthias rubrolineatus. The Japanese are paying more than 1.5k for a live one. It's unfair to say it's ugly fish as the one in pic is not healthy and is breaking down. A better pic of a healthy fish in a LFS for sale

post-10328-066653000 1284562649_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Hmm ugly? Holanthias unimaculatus is deepwater and v v rare from Japan, one of the rarest anthias from Japan local waters like pseudanthias rubrolineatus. The Japanese are paying more than 1.5k for a live one. It's unfair to say it's ugly fish as the one in pic is not healthy and is breaking down. A better pic of a healthy fish in a LFS for sale

welcome back!

MIA SO LONG!!!

and yes, the pic u posted is gorgeous :)

welcome back!

MIA SO LONG!!!

and yes, the pic u posted is gorgeous :)

Where got MIA v long! Was only v busy for the past week. But LFS side were quiet too so it's fine. Hope this week will hav some surprises. Vanuatua and WI i'll be looking forward to.

• Senior Reefer

Where got MIA v long! Was only v busy for the past week. But LFS side were quiet too so it's fine. Hope this week will hav some surprises. Vanuatua and WI i'll be looking forward to.

yes looking forward to them too :)

Thick Lips Anthia... LOL... Angelina Jolie anthias...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp