OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

terry, we must never make this mistake again!

Pseudanthias leucozonus, shown in the first two photos. Leuco meaning white in latin, so there is a thin white bar running the middle of the body. also the head has some details that pass through the eye.

Pseudanthias rubrizonatus. Shown in the 2nd two photos. Rubri meaning red in latin, so there is a red bar running through the middle of the body.

But i have to admit. The one you passed me is a big beautiful alpha male P. rubrizonatus. But it's still a common fish that i have no interest in so i will be putting it at iwarna tomorrow.

It is really nice so i asked you about it... LOL... It is actually nice if it is not big..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

For those who still query what's so special about holanthias fuscipinnis and still think it looks similar to blotched anthias look at these new pics:

it looks nothing like blotchy except for the shape.

the purple outline is very subtle yet alluring.

Chingchai's latest video of his SPS tank. He's one of very few who keep beautiful SPS tank and who appreciate rare fishes.

Some of the rare fishes u can see in the tank: Gem Tang, Resplendent angel, interruptus, crosshatch trigger, plectranthias pelicieri, liopropoma carmabi, ventralis anthias, platinum clowns, earlei wrasses etc.

Is it the earlei wrasse at 0:52 ?

• Senior Reefer

Big wrought versus small wrought:

Should i get big one or small one? Personally i like big ones cos it's nicer and shinier and majestic, but small ones are easier and cuter, but pricier.

BIG.

small one although cute, don't have much shine! get it please so i can admire it.

SUPPORT ME FOR MY TALK TOMORROW! lol

I wish i can but i cant. All the best for your talk and share w me next time i see u.

Anyway i had a dream of a nano tank with the following fishes which i'll be broke if i were to realise it!

post-10328-020513300 1284127939_thumb.jp

post-10328-050076600 1284127946_thumb.jp

post-10328-050911200 1284127955_thumb.jp

post-10328-097096400 1284127968_thumb.jp

post-10328-036642100 1284127982_thumb.jp

post-10328-035399600 1284127992_thumb.jp

post-10328-068348900 1284128001_thumb.jp

post-10328-043499500 1284128010_thumb.jp

post-10328-005351300 1284128020_thumb.jp

post-10328-000231000 1284128033_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

The Hanae DartFish from Japan at RB is different in colours, it's more brown. Maybe due to lighting. Also it's 8 times more expensive than the philippines one!

hey bro, the colors in real life ain't tt dull at all, in fact its having brilliant shades of sky blue and hints of pink streaks as well, but it's 1 super hum ji fish. Though once i saw it flaring and frightening the curious wrasses before darting back into his hole again.

To observe it i must freeze and not move, else it'll just dart back into its hiding place. I didn't know this 1's from Japan, always tot its from Philippines.

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• Senior Reefer

I wish i can but i cant. All the best for your talk and share w me next time i see u.

Anyway i had a dream of a nano tank with the following fishes which i'll be broke if i were to realise it!

you're dream so specific? all these fish? LOL.

whenever i dream, it's all mumbo jumbo made up stuff.

how can glassbox not know the ID of these two fishes!?

P. rubromaculatus and

C. lanceolatus

It's P.Rubrolineatus, not rubromaculatus.

I wont be surprised if they do not know about more rare (esp the not so popular ones) fishes.

• Senior Reefer

It's P.Rubrolineatus, not rubromaculatus.

I wont be surprised if they do not know about more rare (esp the not so popular ones) fishes.

eh sorry. was thinking of something else.

yes rubrolineatus.

anyway i replied on glassbox and eric said it's a slight variant of lanceolatus.