OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

declivis cost more than the personatus.

if personatus really cost that much, i'll tie my mom up and mortgage her house then sell her for spare parts.

AND PERSONATUS WILL BE MINE.

MUAH HAHAHA

Feel like jux clicking the buy now button when i saw the price, but after i calmed down, i exit the website telling myself it's fake!

• Senior Reefer

Feel like jux clicking the buy now button when i saw the price, but after i calmed down, i exit the website telling myself it's fake!

the price is ridiculous.

arabian butterfly 700

black tang 2k

burgess 700

declivis 700

ventralis 150

princess 250!

• Senior Reefer

Haha u try lo. I'm sane enough not to hit the button jux now.

Interruptus

220px-Centropyge_interruptus.jpg

More i look at it more i find it v ordinary. This batch if price and size is good i'll be v tempted though.

actually yeah.

so much hype over interruptus lately that i've grew over it.

• Senior Reefer

I was never in the hype.. LOL... So big and ugly..

no. it is a gorgeous fish.

just that coz so many news on interruptus lately that it become less special to me already.

having seen it in real life 2 times, summore so many pictures flooding the internet now. and if interruptus is cfm coming again in the next few weeks, i think it's enough for me liao.

no. it is a gorgeous fish.

just that coz so many news on interruptus lately that it become less special to me already.

having seen it in real life 2 times, summore so many pictures flooding the internet now. and if interruptus is cfm coming again in the next few weeks, i think it's enough for me liao.

But i'm sure u would agree the smaller ones are still v nice and cute.

• Senior Reefer

do you believe this is a "new" species of damsel?

posted quite long ago just never post here in SRC.

differentiated from the normal yellow tail demoiselle by the yellow pelvic, anal and soft dorsal fins.

Chrysiptera arnazae

post-15755-066185900 1283910119_thumb.jp

post-15755-051310800 1283921971_thumb.jp

post-15755-059815800 1283921976_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

u think leh?

whole world only less than 10 of these fishes.

each costing more than $10k

how can it be true? lol.

like how you know the whole world got less then 10 of those fishes you got prove??

that i know thats why i ask la if i know why i ask

• Senior Reefer

like how you know the whole world got less then 10 of those fishes you got prove??

that i know thats why i ask la if i know why i ask

i don't mean the whole world have less than 10, i mean there are to date, only less than 10 that made it into the aquarium trade.

because they are very rare and very deep.

i think there are 4 in japan, excluding the tiny baby one, total have 5 already. and recently they caught 2 more in Hawaii.

i don't know how many exactly there are in the market now. i think digiman would know how many exactly.

if there's a chance to see them in the wild, can go diving in midway atoll. they are in shallow water there. and i think youtube got many videos of them in shallow water.

really pitiful cannot catch from there since it's not legal. otherwise there would be more for sale, and much cheaper.

• SRC Member

i don't mean the whole world have less than 10, i mean there are to date, only less than 10 that made it into the aquarium trade.

because they are very rare and very deep.

i think there are 4 in japan, excluding the tiny baby one, total have 5 already. and recently they caught 2 more in Hawaii.

i don't know how many exactly there are in the market now. i think digiman would know how many exactly.

if there's a chance to see them in the wild, can go diving in midway atoll. they are in shallow water there. and i think youtube got many videos of them in shallow water.

really pitiful cannot catch from there since it's not legal. otherwise there would be more for sale, and much cheaper.

so that area is a only for the shop divers to catch =(? or cant catch then declare or something??

• Senior Reefer

so that area is a only for the shop divers to catch =(? or cant catch then declare or something??

personatus angel is found only in the main islands of hawaii and midway atoll.

in the mainland hawaii, they are found extremely deep and divers have to risk their lives catching it. they are also very rare.

that's why they are so so so rare to find in our trade, and when caught, they cost a bomb!

the second place they are found is in midway atoll, where hawaii meets japan. Midway atoll is where you can find some hawaii fish as well as japanese fish mixing together as this is the "intermediate" point. interruptus and potter's angels can be found here.

personatus can also be found in midway atoll, at a much shallower depth and also more commonly found. however cannot catch there because if i'm not wrong, it's a military base, or protected or something like that.

• SRC Member

personatus angel is found only in the main islands of hawaii and midway atoll.

in the mainland hawaii, they are found extremely deep and divers have to risk their lives catching it. they are also very rare.

that's why they are so so so rare to find in our trade, and when caught, they cost a bomb!

the second place they are found is in midway atoll, where hawaii meets japan. Midway atoll is where you can find some hawaii fish as well as japanese fish mixing together as this is the "intermediate" point. interruptus and potter's angels can be found here.

personatus can also be found in midway atoll, at a much shallower depth and also more commonly found. however cannot catch there because if i'm not wrong, it's a military base, or protected or something like that.

japan waters like that =.= either way just curious how they catch a fish like that net????

• Senior Reefer

japan waters like that =.= either way just curious how they catch a fish like that net????

there are many ways to catch fish.

the three most popular techniques are

1) cyanide

2) hand nets

3) mist or barrier nets.

for cyanide fishing, potassium or sodium cyanide is sprayed into caves, corals, water and any fish in direct contact will die. fish that are mildly contacted will be stunned and can then be easily collected. cyanide caught fishes rarely survive and almost all will die from organ failure etc.

for hand nets, a simple hand ned is used to catch fish swimming in mid water. often, a stick or jet of water is used to chase fish out of hiding and then the net will be used to scoop them up. this method requires alot of skills to execute and can usually only be done on small fishes like wrasse, damsels etc.

the mist or barrier net is my favourite technique. a large fence of netting is placed around some coral outcrop or on the seabed, and the fishes are chased into the giant net barrier where they will not be able to escape. then the divers will slowly catch them out from the net and place into their containers. this method can catch all kinds of fish and especially fast moving schooling fishes like tangs, haremic fishes like wrasses, and solitary/paired fishes like large angels and butterflies.