OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

more pictures of alpha male Pseudanthias randalli.

Gorgeous anthias but sadly only very large alpha males of the randall's anthias posess such colouration.

My male is slowly changing to the first one in the photo... Maybe a few more weeks..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

My male is slowly changing to the first one in the photo... Maybe a few more weeks..

first photo is not considered alpha yet. this one iwarna shipment still can get just very rare only. but still obtainable.

the other two photos are out of our leage for now. hopefully yours grow till like that.

first photo is not considered alpha yet. this one iwarna shipment still can get just very rare only. but still obtainable.

the other two photos are out of our leage for now. hopefully yours grow till like that.

That is the best i think a captivity Randelli can get other than the one in the NPS tank in RC>..

Member of:

or should i wait for tinkeri?

or get both? since iwarna has such good price for both.

anyway a plethora of tinkeri in the wild. so beautiful

the first photo is my absolute favourite.

I think Tinker is nice leh.. Becos black and white for me.. LOL>.

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

That is the best i think a captivity Randelli can get other than the one in the NPS tank in RC>..

the NPS tank i dunno isit a wild aught one or one that has grown into an alpha in captivity. if it's wild caught very rare and difficult leh. and for it to do so well. moreover the colour is holding so freaking well.

if it's grown from captivity then there's hope for people like us who are after alpha male randalls.

I think Tinker is nice leh.. Becos black and white for me.. LOL>.

i like both equally. i like tinker coz the black and white is VERY pure and so starck. the white is pearlescent and the black is jet black. and it's so well defined and not smudged. i like them like this.

declivis is also beautiful with a gorgeous yellow back.

the NPS tank i dunno isit a wild aught one or one that has grown into an alpha in captivity. if it's wild caught very rare and difficult leh. and for it to do so well. moreover the colour is holding so freaking well.

if it's grown from captivity then there's hope for people like us who are after alpha male randalls.

i like both equally. i like tinker coz the black and white is VERY pure and so starck. the white is pearlescent and the black is jet black. and it's so well defined and not smudged. i like them like this.

declivis is also beautiful with a gorgeous yellow back.

I just hope that it can... It is really difficult though... will know few months down the road... But the recent flashings at female, have made its color increase a lot...

Yay.. the black and white is so distinct and the black dot on the white is so nice...

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

the recent trio of earlei wrasses that were shipped to nebraska from BH.

the juvenile is SO TINY!

for all the photos, here's the link

interested? anyone interested in Cirrhilabrus earlei? :eyebrow: :eyebrow: Digiman you want? can ask Koji bring it for us. the price is so attractive!!

post-15755-019533600 1283445024_thumb.jp

post-15755-000952700 1283445031_thumb.jp

post-15755-045967000 1283445036_thumb.jp

post-15755-087184400 1283445041_thumb.jp

post-15755-010733800 1283445048_thumb.jp

post-15755-093611900 1283445052.txt

• Senior Reefer

just took a close look at earlei and noticed that the line from snout to dorsal to tail has many white dots.

this line is characteristic of roseafascia, lanceolatus, and now, earlei. very similar markins for dorsal. the horizontal lines remind me of marjorie.

so if a marjorie were to hybridise with a roseafascia, it will probably look something like this. except that earlei has a beautiful purple hue which is just GORGEOUS!

• Senior Reefer

The coloration is still very stress... Hope he post a photo when it is in its tank..

where got stress?

earlei wrasse looks exactly like this. the only pictures that depict the stress pattern is the one in the bag and the tiny juvenile.

the others look very comfortable and show gorgeous colour.

now so tempted to just order one! argh.

• Senior Reefer

here's a wild photo and one in an aquarium.

yes the colour looks abit darker in the previous photo but should be from minor stress bah. very stress would be the mottled vertical bands like the one shown in the bag.

post-15755-068064200 1283445558_thumb.jp

post-15755-083366900 1283445564_thumb.jp

where got stress?

earlei wrasse looks exactly like this. the only pictures that depict the stress pattern is the one in the bag and the tiny juvenile.

the others look very comfortable and show gorgeous colour.

now so tempted to just order one! argh.

The white spots aint an indication of stress? by right normal coloration is without the white spot or the white spot will be less visible..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

The white spots aint an indication of stress? by right normal coloration is without the white spot or the white spot will be less visible..

not sure.

ok white spots will only be present if they are still females, juveniles or sub-males. terminal males i think will not develop the white spots, or will have very little traces of it.

roseafascia carry the white spots till adult hood and only the huge males will lack it.

i do agree it is a bit stressed, thats why the spots are showing. but other than that there's almost not much difference from their non stress colouration.

so what you are seeing now is almost identical to what you will be seeing when they are swimming in his tank.

not sure.

ok white spots will only be present if they are still females, juveniles or sub-males. terminal males i think will not develop the white spots, or will have very little traces of it.

roseafascia carry the white spots till adult hood and only the huge males will lack it.

i do agree it is a but stressed, thats why the spots are showing. but other than that there's almost not much difference from their non stress colouration.

so what you are seeing now is almost identical to what you will be seeing when they are swimming in his tank.

I think still sub male? Adult male normally dun have the white spots and the color is more darker i think lar.. LOL...

Member of: