OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

I do agree the female has an unsual orange although not orange or mango colour enough, but it's definitely not a hybrid and no hybrid blood. Cos rusty are quite distinctive from flame in terms of markings and patterns, so any hybridization should have some, even the slightest, variations in the stripes (by means of more fine thin stripes), which is absent in both fishes. The orange is prob a slight geographical variant and i'm sure not the whole batch of flames are this orange right. Some are more red some more orange, variations in individual fishes also maybe. Nevertheless u still got a rare fish, becos flames are v rare in philippines, though not as rare as in hawaii.

Anyway why din u get the flavo anthias? Tot u may be interested in them? Also next week LCK Hawaii coming and my fish is coming, if u're interested in the fish also do let them know cos steven says he can bring in more.

hm... almost all 6 are this orange. when i saw it i knew instantly they were not hybrids. but i dunno if they had hybrid blood or not so i ask u.

but i prefer them over hawaii flames becoz of the orange. so much more unique.

hmm.... i want the sanguineus but no money. anw, can steven get basabei?

hm... almost all 6 are this orange. when i saw it i knew instantly they were not hybrids. but i dunno if they had hybrid blood or not so i ask u.

but i prefer them over hawaii flames becoz of the orange. so much more unique.

hmm.... i want the sanguineus but no money. anw, can steven get basabei?

No, he cant. But maybe one day the supplier can catch. I think now they dun hav more, they may not even hav one sanguineus now. I mean if u're interested in the near future can let them know so they can bring in when it is available.

• Senior Reefer

No, he cant. But maybe one day the supplier can catch. I think now they dun hav more, they may not even hav one sanguineus now. I mean if u're interested in the near future can let them know so they can bring in when it is available.

ok sure. i just told my mum ytd that i am going to work hard to save money. then she so happy and say good! so responsible.

then i said. saving for a 1k+ fish. then she roll her eyes and nearly fainted lol.

anw did u see my email? he replied and is introducing us to koji now. if it works out, we can get bluehabour shipments anytime we want liao.

just have to wait for koji to reply and see what he says.

glorious rusty flames.

Awesome hybrids, look at those thin stripes barely reaching half the body showing the traits of rusty angels. They're flooding the states, UK, Japan and everywhere except for Singapore! So unfair i wan it so badly, when is it gg to reach us!

• Senior Reefer

Awesome hybrids, look at those thin stripes barely reaching half the body showing the traits of rusty angels. They're flooding the states, UK, Japan and everywhere except for Singapore! So unfair i wan it so badly, when is it gg to reach us!

which would you prefer. rusty flame or true shepardi?

which would you prefer. rusty flame or true shepardi?

No preference. Both also can. But of course rusty flame will be a lot cheaper than the true shepardi from Guam. If i'm gonna spend big money on Guam fishes i rather spend it on the flavcoronatus butterfly from Guam.

• Senior Reefer

I'M SO JEALOUS I'M SO JEALOUS X10000000!!!!!

TANAKA HAS A LORICULA X SHEPARDI!!

NOT A LORICULA X FERRUGATA! A LORICULA X SHEPARDI!!!!!!!

GORGEOUS WITH A CAPITAL G AND ALL OTHER LETTERS

post-15755-098134000 1283011985_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

and what is this gorgeous anthias! first time i'm seeling!! IT'S NOT EVEN ON FISHBASE

Pseudanthias caudalis.

digiman do you know?? do you do you!? i'm dying to know what it is, where it's found etc

post-15755-033195700 1283014339_thumb.jp

post-15755-029565500 1283014345_thumb.jp

post-15755-012056400 1283014349_thumb.jp

and what is this gorgeous anthias! first time i'm seeling!! IT'S NOT EVEN ON FISHBASE

Pseudanthias caudalis.

digiman do you know?? do you do you!? i'm dying to know what it is, where it's found etc

This one i dunno. I've seen the same pics on pieces kazu and my first impression is oh no this anthias has skin disease!

In terms of blotched colours markings, no anthias can beat the deep and rare beauty the aurora anthias:

e0080082_1211217.jpg

• SRC Member

This one i dunno. I've seen the same pics on pieces kazu and my first impression is oh no this anthias has skin disease!

In terms of blotched colours markings, no anthias can beat the deep and rare beauty the aurora anthias:

e0080082_1211217.jpg

wow wonder how much this fish would cost?

wow wonder how much this fish would cost?

S$500 each that's the price they are selling in Japan. Affordable to many reefers but the problem is this fish will not reach us anytime soon because they're even v v rare to the japanese.

Here's Chingchai's latest video of his tank. Amazing as always, but something is lacking in his tank, a show fish, a show fish higher standard than the gems, interruptus, pelicieri, earlei etc! And for that i can only think of one, that is the personatus angelfish.

Here's another tank i quite like becos the declivis is clearly the centre of attraction, there's also a flavoguttatus anthias if u look closely.

• Senior Reefer

S$500 each that's the price they are selling in Japan. Affordable to many reefers but the problem is this fish will not reach us anytime soon because they're even v v rare to the japanese.

Here's Chingchai's latest video of his tank. Amazing as always, but something is lacking in his tank, a show fish, a show fish higher standard than the gems, interruptus, pelicieri, earlei etc! And for that i can only think of one, that is the personatus angelfish.

Here's another tank i quite like becos the declivis is clearly the centre of attraction, there's also a flavoguttatus anthias if u look closely.

the declivis is so nice!!! even though it's the black one.

but too many nonsense fish. the blue tang, the algae blenny

• Senior Reefer

Pseudanthias caudalis Kamohara and Katayama,1959

It is a rare and deepwater species known only from Izu Peninsula, Kashiwajima (Kochi), and Ogasawara; a Japanese endemic fish.

Perhaps it gets its size of 20 cm. No data as an aquarium species.