OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

Some other deepwater fishes also caught in indonesia.

Scarua Sp. (This one is definitely a sacura but the species is not sure, probably new!)

post-10328-0-64906800-1305599352_thumb.j

Bodianus Masudai (Did not know masudai can be caught elsewhere other than Japan!)

post-10328-0-91997300-1305599341_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

Some other deepwater fishes also caught in indonesia.

Scarua Sp. (This one is definitely a sacura but the species is not sure, probably new!)

post-10328-0-64906800-1305599352_thumb.j

Bodianus Masudai (Did not know masudai can be caught elsewhere other than Japan!)

post-10328-0-91997300-1305599341_thumb.j

the Sacura sp is gorgeous and so is the Masudai!!

anyway let's hope the S. speciosa reach us soon ;)

the Sacura sp is gorgeous and so is the Masudai!!

anyway let's hope the S. speciosa reach us soon ;)

There are only four Sacura species. Until recently only S.Margaritacea from Japan is available. The other three were never collected for the trade:

"None of the other three recognized members of the genus Sacura; S. boulengeri, S. parva, and S. speciosa (Froese, R. and D. Pauly. 2009) seem to have found their way into the pet trade in the United States. These species have a more tropical distribution, but retain their affinity for cooler water by being found in those areas at a much greater depth than the cherry anthias is in the temperate waters off Japan. Of the three, Sacura boulengeri, from the North Arabian Sea to Pakistan (Moazzam 2004) is perhaps the most attractive; with a yellowish body covered in bright pink wavy horizontal striping."

If S.Speciosa is already so amazing, i can't imagine S.Boulengeri!

Gorgeous alpha male Earlei fairy wrasses arrived at famous US wholesaler "Pacific Island Aquatics (PIA)"! PIA is one of the biggest importer of marshalls fishes and they frequently have rare wrasses like johnsoni fairy, bell's flasher, rhomboids etc at super cheap price. And now they have earlei fairies. All the americans are eyeing on these gorgeous earlei, and PIA will be bringing in more to be the demand.

As for us, we can only drool at the pics:

post-10328-0-18482800-1305649080_thumb.j

post-10328-0-60156300-1305649095_thumb.j

post-10328-0-26180300-1305649109_thumb.j

post-10328-0-53496600-1305649142_thumb.j

Some other rare stocks from marshalls and hawaii that we rarely see them here in singapore:

1.5" juvenile bluestripe butterfly

post-10328-0-70206200-1305650374_thumb.j

Yellowtail bluestripe clownfish

post-10328-0-94420500-1305650390_thumb.j

Juvenile goldflake angel

post-10328-0-89604200-1305650405_thumb.j

Marshall island Pacific candycane hogfish

post-10328-0-58911300-1305650430_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

genicanthus semifasciatus x G. melanospilos male.

the stripes are yellow on the bottom half! this is a bad picture. there's a video that shows the true colours very well but i cannot embed it here. the stripes are more yellow. can you imagine a yellow striped angel!? omg.

post-15755-0-56729700-1305700865_thumb.j

the stripes are yellow on the bottom half! this is a bad picture. there's a video that shows the true colours very well but i cannot embed it here. the stripes are more yellow. can you imagine a yellow striped angel!? omg.

OMG, where you got that photo... I wanna see the video..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Amazing hybrid genicanthus. But it looks more like a bellus x melanospilos?

I would love to see a vid of this fish!

her very beautiful male ventralis which has been alive for many months now. and the attenuatus flasher. one of 2 males.

I envy her. Ventralis is one of my favourite fish but i never had success with it.

Attenuatus flasher is one of the rarest and most beautiful flasher and she owns two males!!

• Senior Reefer

i also thought at first it might be a bellus x melanospilos.

but then there's not a single bellus trait besides the orangey-yellow colour of the male. the verticle lines should at least be diminished or faded. but it's so strong. the bottom half is yellowish, which coincides with the yellow mask of semifasciatus which stretches to that area, possibly colouring the stripes yellow.

the video cannot post here. but it's a rather low quality video of it swimming around a tank with rhomboids, ventralis, roseafascia, naoko and attenuatus wrasses.

she also has a rusty x flame and a coral beauty x rusty angel in case you forgot.

i also thought at first it might be a bellus x melanospilos.

but then there's not a single bellus trait besides the orangey-yellow colour of the male. the verticle lines should at least be diminished or faded. but it's so strong. the bottom half is yellowish, which coincides with the yellow mask of semifasciatus which stretches to that area, possibly colouring the stripes yellow.

the video cannot post here. but it's a rather low quality video of it swimming around a tank with rhomboids, ventralis, roseafascia, naoko and attenuatus wrasses.

she also has a rusty x flame and a coral beauty x rusty angel in case you forgot.

I find the lips too bluish. And the patches of yellow resembles a bellus more than a semi. But all these are not good evidence of what hybrids it is. That's why pple usually call it jux genicanthus hybrid as what the parent species are is open to argument.

Yes i remember she has the rusty flame beauty!! And she also has the cook island purple helfrichi right?

I'll be interested to see her tank setup also. Is it jux a simple dim lighting display or a bright coral filled reef tank? I suppose the former becos she is a fish lover.

• Senior Reefer

I find the lips too bluish. And the patches of yellow resembles a bellus more than a semi. But all these are not good evidence of what hybrids it is. That's why pple usually call it jux genicanthus hybrid as what the parent species are is open to argument.

Yes i remember she has the rusty flame beauty!! And she also has the cook island purple helfrichi right?

I'll be interested to see her tank setup also. Is it jux a simple dim lighting display or a bright coral filled reef tank? I suppose the former becos she is a fish lover.

yes she has the cook island helfrichi.

it's just rocks and water. LED lights only. no corals.

The biggest of the genus, Sacura boulengeri, up to 20cm.

Known only from off Muscat, Oman. Found in depth of 150ft and beyond. Was never collected alive for the trade but is locally abundant and is a food fish sold in markets.

This pic below shows Boulengeri as foodfish sold in a market in Mumbai, India.

post-10328-0-44490400-1306132692_thumb.j

post-10328-0-37232700-1306132663_thumb.j

post-10328-0-63304600-1306132673_thumb.j

post-10328-0-44608900-1306132684_thumb.j

Holotype picture and info for Sacura Speciosa.

Found in Western Central Pacific: Indonesia. Depth range 100ft to 500ft. Smallest of the genus max out at 10cm. Never collected alive for the trade until recently collected alive in Sulawesi Manado.

post-10328-0-81241600-1306133015_thumb.j