OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

One of the holy grail of chaetodon butterfly.

Chaetodon Tricinctus!! This piece was brought into Europe by DejongMarine. Whoever bought it mux have paid at least two times the price of clarion!

Another close to a 10k fish...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

One of the holy grail of chaetodon butterfly.

Chaetodon Tricinctus!! This piece was brought into Europe by DejongMarine. Whoever bought it mux have paid at least two times the price of clarion!

wats so special about tricinctus?

it's a very difficult butterfly to keep! coral eater.

Priolepis hipoliti aka Rusty Goby

After keeping the full moon goby in my nano tank, i've fall in love with the genus priolepis!

So many species in the genus that we cannot get!

Southern Florida

Priolepis_hipoliti_3.jpg

I think Reborn bought in the carribean priolepis one before.. Can check with them...

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

wats so special about tricinctus?

it's a very difficult butterfly to keep! coral eater.

Where did u get the info that it is a difficult butterfly to keep? It was rarely kept if not was not kept before.

There are v little info on the net, too little info. Even if books stated it feeds on corals in the wild, i guess it's difficult but not all impossible. Maybe as hard as C.Rainfordi.

Anyway tricinctus is v rare becos like mccullochi clownfish, it comes from lord howe island. Another place where it's found the norfolk island has no collection. So any that has appeared in the trade people should be skeptical about it's legal collection method and source! Any illegal stuff is v ex and of course "special", like the recent case of the Takeuchii Angel!

• Senior Reefer

Where did u get the info that it is a difficult butterfly to keep? It was rarely kept if not was not kept before.

There are v little info on the net, too little info. Even if books stated it feeds on corals in the wild, i guess it's difficult but not all impossible. Maybe as hard as C.Rainfordi.

Anyway tricinctus is v rare becos like mccullochi clownfish, it comes from lord howe island. Another place where it's found the norfolk island has no collection. So any that has appeared in the trade people should be skeptical about it's legal collection method and source! Any illegal stuff is v ex and of course "special", like the recent case of the Takeuchii Angel!

yes difficult. from scott michael's book.

perhaps like rainfordi.

and yah rare and nice but doesn't look very species. just rare i guess!

• SRC Member

Whole tub of Conspic at assorted sizes!

when u post the kingi angel, my heart beat very fast. now u show us pail of cospic angel. my heart beat even faster... next if u show pail of clarion, i tink i gonna faint... LOL.... :)

yes difficult. from scott michael's book.

perhaps like rainfordi.

and yah rare and nice but doesn't look very special. just rare i guess!

U dun find them special looking? I tot u'll like tricinctus cos i find their colouration pattern v simiar to one of your favourite butterfly, the mitratus butterfly. But anyway as i've said they are not special becos of their look but becos of their rarity and their near impossible of obtaining.

Are these maroons? Quite cute.

post-10328-068199900 1289315660_thumb.jp

when u post the kingi angel, my heart beat very fast. now u show us pail of cospic angel. my heart beat even faster... next if u show pail of clarion, i tink i gonna faint... LOL.... :)

Is it? Den u shall faint:

4465759322.jpg

• Senior Reefer

The next collection should be coming soon. We can expect some clarions at LCK next year.

why waste time collecting clarion!

where's my smithi butterfly!

where's my mitratus butterfly!

WHERE THE HELL IS PAUCIFASCIATUS AND MESOLEUCOS!?

imagine. one, JUST ONE, clarion can buy you TONS of pauci and TONS of meso!