OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

beautiful damsel and some goby that i dunno.

Chrysiptera flavipinnis, one of my favourite damsel. Common in it's habitat in australia but so rarely collected for the trade.

digi, this will make a FINE addition to your rosae dottyback.

seriously no idea wat dottyback is this but look at the tail!

taken from the great barrier reef.

OMG i love this dottyback, look at the tail and the ghastly white body is so unique!

2 very gorgeous hybrid lemonpeels in the wild.

omg the first one is !

The first one is so gorgeous and came out of vanuatu before, i'll definitely want one if any show up at vanuatu shipment.

dunno how to diff dimidiatus from vanderloosi.

vanderloosi is from PNG i think.

Yap East PNG only and never collected. From Copps: Adult C. dimidiatus have an all yellow tail. Adult C. melanosoma have a tail ringed in yellow. Both have all grey backs. C. vanderloosi has just a grey head and the tail of the melanosoma with just the yellow edge.

• Senior Reefer

Very fierce leh... Kept before also, from CF...

yes very fierce but only towards new residents.

this is one of my fav dottyback. i want to buy again if it comes.

females more common, grey with white tail and 2 red spots on the pelvic fins.

yes very fierce but only towards new residents.

this is one of my fav dottyback. i want to buy again if it comes.

females more common, grey with white tail and 2 red spots on the pelvic fins.

It is one of the brighter colored dottyback...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Paracheilinus attenuatus.

The attenuatus or diamond tail flasher wrasse. A gorgeous and lovely Kenyan species that is one of my favourites. Extremely rare in Singapore, last brought in many years ago by Harlequin. Moderately rare in the states and Japan, but still, rare!

Unique species in the family of flasher wrasses, it is the only one to have a rhomboid tail. Although rhomboidal in shape, it is not lanceolate. Dorsal fin has a dorsal filament which comprises of only one dorsal spine, a very fine hair like spine unlike the other species in the genus.

This is a gorgeous species that I hope to find one day and I do hope it makes it's re-appearance after a very long hiatus. It's simply a very gorgeous and rare flasher wrasse that not many people know about.

Flashers are over-looked because of their cheap indonesian cousins like carpenter, filament etc. But there are a handful of very very rare ones that rival the rarity of the rarest fairy wrasse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPomx4WBUtY&feature=player_embedded#!

post-15755-082135700 1287502800.txt

post-15755-015657900 1287502808_thumb.jp

post-15755-051440500 1287502812_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Paracheilinus octotaenia

The Eight-line or Red Sea flasher wrasse. Another super gorgeous flasher that is endemic only to the Red Sea. Also another little known species in the local Singapore market. Little known as in, if it pops up here one day, not many people will know what fish this is. It is common in the states, and Japan, but somehow, they never made it to Singapore.

Another beautiful beautiful species that I hope to see one day and acquire. Another distinct species of the entire genus. All median and unpaired fins are very rounded, when flashing, resembles a disc.

Another model organism that demonstrates the popularity in other parts of the world, but unpopularity in the local market here. Other fishes joining this list includes the Rusty x flame angelfish, Johnson's fairy wrasse (new), Roseafascia fairy wrasse, Chrysocephalus tamarin wrasse, etc.

post-15755-058050500 1287503162_thumb.jp

post-15755-008220300 1287503167_thumb.jp

post-15755-051736300 1287503171_thumb.jp

post-15755-071617300 1287503214_thumb.jp

larvatus another red sea fish we will never see here anytime soon.

Long time ago redsea larvatus always can see one or two. Until early last year i still saw one at cant remember Ah Beng or pac marine (current pinnacle) den after it goes extinct in red sea shipment. Almost two years already, all the red sea shipments that came had nothing else except for purple tang, sohal tang, and golden butterfly! The red sea supplier are so spoilt that they became so lazy to catch and target other fishes apart from the three mentioned jux now.

• Senior Reefer

Larvatus used to be common. when i first started i saw it before. it's called the hooded butterfly. so nice.

now it can join paucifasciatus as unobtainable red sea fish thanks to all those lazy fish catchers.

post-15755-055821400 1287587500_thumb.jp

post-15755-099887300 1287587516_thumb.jp

post-15755-037803900 1287587529_thumb.jp

Long time ago redsea larvatus always can see one or two. Until early last year i still saw one at cant remember Ah Beng or pac marine (current pinnacle) den after it goes extinct in red sea shipment. Almost two years already, all the red sea shipments that came had nothing else except for purple tang, sohal tang, and golden butterfly! The red sea supplier are so spoilt that they became so lazy to catch and target other fishes apart from the three mentioned jux now.

it was at pinnacle. saw that one..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp