OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

The mcc, chrysocephalus angel and WI were the stars last year. But where are the other not so famous rares? Like modestus, blackburnii, zanzibar etc.

cannot find the picture haha!

what is zanzibar?

zanzibar butterfly? chaetodon zanzibarensis?

• Senior Reefer

I just fell in love... :wub: Any chance of getting it locally?

only appear one time in LCK.

steven brought it in and retailed for 28 red notes.

this is a very very difficult fish like most other wrasses in it's genus. but if acquire healthy one and fed with praziquantel, it will make a great addition to any reef.

feminine wrasse is on iwarna's vanuatu stocklist but is very difficult to obtain and after being on the list for 7 years, never appear.

it is also available in australia but being very rare, only steven from LCK can bring in.

here's a picture from my friend who bought the first and last anampses femininus that LCK brought in.

post-15755-091716300 1285582733_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Gorgeous! Very fortunate friend you have.

did not make it though.

died from internal parasitic problems. ate but never grow fat.

that's why it is mandatory to put all anampses wrasses, leopard wrasse, deep water fairy wrasse through prazi treatment.

• Senior Reefer

Yes. Other photos of LA fishes,

omg blackburnii, tonozukai, armitagei, moestus etc etc.

someone kill me please coz i must be dreaming.

and the somali butterfly!

somali and selene are 2 butterflies i want to see in real life.

omg blackburnii, tonozukai, armitagei, moestus etc etc.

someone kill me please coz i must be dreaming.

and the somali butterfly!

somali and selene are 2 butterflies i want to see in real life.

To me the zanzibar is also a butterfly i want to see. It looks like plebius butterfly without the blue, and it is an easy butterfly from africa.

The misbar koran juvi and the tinker hybrid are also v unique and rare.

• Senior Reefer

Is it this???

It is a waspfish (Apistus carinatus)

6YdAhS39Jx.jpg

dunno wat it was but ahbeng had it.

ahbeng also came in that stone fish that looks grey. but the pectoral fins are orange and yellow. look like a butterfly!

• Senior Reefer

To me the zanzibar is also a butterfly i want to see. It looks like plebius butterfly without the blue, and it is an easy butterfly from africa.

The misbar koran juvi and the tinker hybrid are also v unique and rare.

zanzibar looks like plebius without blue, looks like andamanensis with a black spot and looks like a speculum without the black!

looks so interesting and it's very rare.

zanzibar looks like plebius without blue, looks like andamanensis with a black spot and looks like a speculum without the black!

looks so interesting and it's very rare.

Ya, as rare as blackburnii. LA is so lucky to be able to acquire these two east african butterfly from their supplier.

Our east africa supplier v useless, only got flameback and chrysurus. No other rarities, but even if hav zanzibar and blackburnii steven would have jux strike them off the stocklist..

West africa is worse, only africanus and on rare occassions marcellae and robustus butterfly. Rare ones like marleyi and hoefleri butterfly can only dream of seeing them.

• Senior Reefer

Ya, as rare as blackburnii. LA is so lucky to be able to acquire these two east african butterfly from their supplier.

Our east africa supplier v useless, only got flameback and chrysurus. No other rarities, but even if hav zanzibar and blackburnii steven would have jux strike them off the stocklist..

West africa is worse, only africanus and on rare occassions marcellae and robustus butterfly. Rare ones like marleyi and hoefleri butterfly can only dream of seeing them.

yah don't forget the equally useless red sea suppliers.

dont know how reefers can go nuts over purple tang.....asfur........sohal.......semilarvatus.....

COME ON! after 10000 years of these aren't you sick of them? the next purple tang i see i'm going to throw up.

where's red sea flasher!? where's paucifcasciatus!? where's the kluzinger wrasse!?

and dont forget our africa supplier oso cannot get attenuatus.

yah don't forget the equally useless red sea suppliers.

Absolutely agree on that of the red sea collectors. Where;s the bicinctus clownfish and Chaetodon mesoleucos as well? Two banded clownfish from the wild are v v nice, ORA are captive breeding them but CB ones are dirty coloured. I hope the bicinctus from redsea will appear again and i'll definitely get a pair!