OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

Is it? Was i there? Next time show me, never see flame w so many fine spots before.

That time almost wanted to buy... The fine spot is confirm more than the one in the photo.. Both dorsal and ###### fins have the fine spots..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

V nice white. Makes me wanna get one more to try.

try again lor it's a nice fish. just dunno wat to do with it when it grows too big.

Still a bit of juvenile color..

yah of coz. it is still a juvenile wat. lol...

but the tail developing the markings which i like.

Apogon Properuptus, Australia and Japan.

a3751_lg.jpg

Rarer version of cyanosoma.

Posted before, same as cyanosoma... Will most probably fight until left a pair.. but dunno why they school in the wild..

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

I dun mind paying 3-4k for this if i have the money...

if i was as rich as Oprah winfrey who makes USD$380++ million per year and was worth 2.6 billion dollars, i will build a 10000000000000gallon tank and buy a school of 1 hundred baby wrought iron, a whale shark and all the rare fish i want!

digi posted this before but look at it up close. its really like an aluminum foil!!!!

So cute but big ones also v nice. The steeper head of the big ones and their well developed black body w a metallic sheen is so unique and look like some mecha fish. A fish tat is beautiful both juvi and adult, reali i wan wrought so muhc more than interruptus!

• Senior Reefer

So cute but big ones also v nice. The steeper head of the big ones and their well developed black body w a metallic sheen is so unique and look like some mecha fish. A fish tat is beautiful both juvi and adult, reali i wan wrought so muhc more than interruptus!

yah! it really looks like a mechanical robot man made fish.

commencing auto bot wrought iron ZX2221

state of the art titanium plated alloy with aluminum shaft hydraulics,

made in japan.

Just hope there will be a cheaper shipment next time if it even happens... :whistle :whistle :whistle

Member of:

Just hope there will be a cheaper shipment next time if it even happens... :whistle :whistle :whistle

Not gg to happen. And i dun think anyone will buy the WI at RB not solely due to the price but the size also, large butterfly are jux not popular among reefers. So after this shipment hard to see another one coming in, unless we've daring LFS like LCK which can bring in dozen pieces at lowest price.

Not gg to happen. And i dun think anyone will buy the WI at RB not solely due to the price but the size also, large butterfly are jux not popular among reefers. So after this shipment hard to see another one coming in, unless we've daring LFS like LCK which can bring in dozen pieces at lowest price.

I am talking about RB but other LFS like LCK but again, the market is not here for them to bring in...

Member of:

I am talking about RB but other LFS like LCK but again, the market is not here for them to bring in...

The market is there i believe, maybe v small. Carmabi and clarions are sold to local reefers, local reefers who dun hav acct in SRC. Lemon, U and me we are all willing to pay upward of 1k or even slightly more for WI. The price has to be reasonable and justifiable. We're looking at a 6 inches full grown one and not a 3 to 4 inches WI. Tot RB would hav been knowledgeable in the price range for the fish before bringing them in. But well it all depend on their supplier i guess, their interruptus price is on the other hand reasonable. Maybe we should get that instead.

The market is there i believe, maybe v small. Carmabi and clarions are sold to local reefers, local reefers who dun hav acct in SRC. Lemon, U and me we are all willing to pay upward of 1k or even slightly more for WI. The price has to be reasonable and justifiable. We're looking at a 6 inches full grown one and not a 3 to 4 inches WI. Tot RB would hav been knowledgeable in the price range for the fish before bringing them in. But well it all depend on their supplier i guess, their interruptus price is on the other hand reasonable. Maybe we should get that instead.

Interruptus not on my list and it is too big for my liking of an dwarf angel...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

Yah willing. but need at least 4-5 months of saving then can. that's assuming i dun spend on anyyyyyyything. so maybe longer. i wont mind interruptes or WI. but i still prefer WI more.

Yes, why? PM me ba, a bit weird if u're gonna discuss abt maths w me here in the thread.

no lah just asking only. it's so interesting!!! i think this is the only maths thing that i'm interested in.

Yah willing. but need at least 4-5 months of saving then can. that's assuming i dun spend on anyyyyyyything. so maybe longer. i wont mind interruptes or WI. but i still prefer WI more.

Ya, Will need a few months of saving before can get them..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

in both specimens you can see that they are unusually orange for flame angels.

in the female, look at the dorsal fin. there's that arc that normal flames don't have.

for the male, the number of spots present on the dorsal and anal fins looks unusual.

but what strikes me most is the colour. they are very orange and not red at all.

although this is obviously not a rusty x flame hybrid, i'm very sure there is some hybrid blood present in past generations that led to this.

flames are very rare in philippines and is more unlikely that flames will mate with flames 100% of the time. surely there has to be some rusty blood somewhere even in "pedigree" flame angels.

what do you think? the colour is so orange

what do you think? the colour is so orange

I do agree the female has an unsual orange although not orange or mango colour enough, but it's definitely not a hybrid and no hybrid blood. Cos rusty are quite distinctive from flame in terms of markings and patterns, so any hybridization should have some, even the slightest, variations in the stripes (by means of more fine thin stripes), which is absent in both fishes. The orange is prob a slight geographical variant and i'm sure not the whole batch of flames are this orange right. Some are more red some more orange, variations in individual fishes also maybe. Nevertheless u still got a rare fish, becos flames are v rare in philippines, though not as rare as in hawaii.

Anyway why din u get the flavo anthias? Tot u may be interested in them? Also next week LCK Hawaii coming and my fish is coming, if u're interested in the fish also do let them know cos steven says he can bring in more.