OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

Ok something rarer at blueharbour now. They jux collected one lanceolatus wrasse and all along we tot roseafascia and lanceolatus are v similar, if u look at the pics they are so different!

ahh lanceolatus. :)

how much are they selling? this one will be on the list of things to get from BH. MUAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

ahh lanceolatus. :)

how much are they selling? this one will be on the list of things to get from BH. MUAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Oh pls they do not sell the rarest fish. This lanceolatus i think will be kept at their display at Okinawa together w the guyanensis butterfly, basabei, and other deepwater anthias and wrasses.

• Senior Reefer

Oh pls they do not sell the rarest fish. This lanceolatus i think will be kept at their display at Okinawa together w the guyanensis butterfly, basabei, and other deepwater anthias and wrasses.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

exactly how rare is lanceolatus? how deep is it? and how rare is it in japan itself.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

exactly how rare is lanceolatus? how deep is it? and how rare is it in japan itself.

Very. Quite. Very.

At least when they appear in japan website always got woo wahs. Maybe can ask Dr.Tanaka if he has any and how rare it is to get now.

Should buy the female at reborn? LOL..

I said flavicauda at RB? I actually meant resplendent anthias female haha. Resplendent and flavicauda female look v similar, but flavicauda is not found in philippines shipment, so the females we see frequently at Iwarna, Ah Beng, RB etc are resplendent ones. Randalli females actually look slightly different compared to the two. I like resplendent anthias, next time can get Iwarna ones, a lot and healthy.

Nice meh? Rare only? :upsidedown: :upsidedown:

The pseudanthias rubrolineatus has v nice tail. The holanthias is not so nice. But both fish are v v deep in Japan and tat makes them v v rare!

• Senior Reefer

From Koji Wada's facebook.

the same lanceolatus and rubrolineatus from okinawa, @ 120m!! not sure if it's the anthias or lanceolatus or both that was found at this depth.

also a juvenile tosanoides flavofasciatus.

post-15755-058317000 1282483882_thumb.jp

post-15755-023924500 1282483887_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

lanceolatus is very different from roseafascia.

the only thing in common is the rose band on the dorsal region.

roseafascia has sometimes have a yellow band just below that rose band, while lanceolatus is just pure pink.

also, the fins of lanceolatus are a gorgeous EMERALD green. roseafascia's ones are yellowish.

the pelvic fin of roseafascia is blue while lanceolatus is clear most of the time.

i love the green on lanceolatus. it's just so unique and no other fish has green colouration like this.

I said flavicauda at RB? I actually meant resplendent anthias female haha. Resplendent and flavicauda female look v similar, but flavicauda is not found in philippines shipment, so the females we see frequently at Iwarna, Ah Beng, RB etc are resplendent ones. Randalli females actually look slightly different compared to the two. I like resplendent anthias, next time can get Iwarna ones, a lot and healthy.

YA, Den i thought, where got flavicauda in Singapore one?? LOL...

I will get a group from Iwarna next month... Den that should be the end of my anthias stocking..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

From Koji Wada's facebook.

the same lanceolatus and rubrolineatus from okinawa, @ 120m!! not sure if it's the anthias or lanceolatus or both that was found at this depth.

also a juvenile tosanoides flavofasciatus.

It's the rubrolineatus only i think. The anthias is only caught at tat depth. 120m=400ft, which is basabei depth in Hawaii, lipogramma depth in carribbean, boylei depth in cook island!! No wonder the fish is sold at 2.5k despite being so red-striped anthias lookalike!!

I always have a thing for deepwater fishes. Although the lanceolatus is so much more beautiful, the rubrolineatus jux intrigues me more.

It's the rubrolineatus only i think. The anthias is only caught at tat depth. 120m=400ft, which is basabei depth in Hawaii, lipogramma depth in carribbean, boylei depth in cook island!! No wonder the fish is sold at 2.5k despite being so red-striped anthias lookalike!!

I always have a thing for deepwater fishes. Although the lanceolatus is so much more beautiful, the rubrolineatus jux intrigues me more.

Haha... You always keeps deepwater fishes mah...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Hah he like seagrass?!?! Tat's it i'm not talking to him for two years straight!

EXACTLY LOL. I TOLD HIM. "better dun let digiman know"

Dun you think it is so natural... Of course not in the main tank lar... LOL..

39438152.jpg

full42706.jpg

seagrass2.jpg

lol. seagrass alone is not nice. but i like all the other macroalgae.