OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• SRC Member

can see this in the near future :)

is that a deep water hawkfish?

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• Senior Reefer

Digi, terry, and any others who may be interested to pitch in,

give me your opinions on the following anthias i plan to keep! which one will be the best to try? and why? always wanted to keep them but my old tank too small to keep a group. now i have a bigger tank, can try.

- Pseudanthias smithvansi (Princess anthias) [notoriously difficult for being shy and refusing to eat.]

- Pseudanthias flavoguttatus [from my past 3 experience with fresh batches from iwarna, alot to do with shipping. those that come great ALL survives and begin eating soon after. but if the shipment is bad, all will slowly die]

- Pseudanthias tuka (Purple queen anthias) [famous for being "impossible" to keep, but know someone who has kept them for VERY long, so nothing is impossible!]

- Pseudanthias bartlettorum (Bartlett anthias) [easy, colourful, but boring. won't mind them, just wont go crazy for them]

- Pseudanthis evansi (Evan's anthias) [same as purple queen. i know someone who successfully kept evansi and purple queen for a long time. so very tempted to try]

Two small Anampses neoguinaicus at iwarna today. 2.5 inch

i must say this is the first time i've seen such small "china wrasse". it's actually pretty nice when this small. but being an Anampses, the survivability can be rather low.

next time if see again must hand fast leg fast and buy. black and white on a wrasse is so unusual.

I think is more toward the dark blue rather than black. When grows bigger the white scale seem to have small little blue dot on it. I personally find it very beautiful

• Senior Reefer

I think is more toward the dark blue rather than black. When grows bigger the white scale seem to have small little blue dot on it. I personally find it very beautiful

yes you are right. i personally prefer bigger ones coz the colouration is more beautiful.

but i'm not a fan of big fish, so end of the day, i'll still get smaller one. ask steven bring summore!

post-15755-047262000 1282402741_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

this is a golden hawkfish from Japan.

interested? :eyebrow:

can try to get for you. :P

this one i want also.

wow, thanks man! that is a mega nice hawkfish dude!, what's the Estimated Damage? may need to fiddle between this jewel or upgrading my flowrate/sump. haha.

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

• SRC Member

this is a golden hawkfish from Japan.

interested? :eyebrow:

can try to get for you. :P

this one i want also.

wow, thanks man! that is a mega nice hawkfish dude!, what's the Estimated Damage? may need to fiddle between this jewel or upgrading my flowrate/sump. haha.

Digi, terry, and any others who may be interested to pitch in,

My opinions:

- Pseudanthias smithvansi (Dun waste money, need peaceful tank)

- Pseudanthias flavoguttatus (No exp w this, but as u said, those that came in seem to be mostly doing v well, so can giv it a try)

- Pseudanthias tuka (Dun waste money, v difficult to feed enough)

- Pseudanthias bartlettorum (Your number one choice, hardy, rather beautiful, active, except a little bit too common)

- Pseudanthias evansi (Dun waste money,same reason as tuka)

- Pseudanthias aurulentus (No exp w this, but read they're moderately difficult, so can giv it a try but mux wait for them to come in first)

- Pseudanthias ventralis (I know this is not a species to form a group because of the price, maybe one or two mixed into another group of anthias? Difficult but one or two with other anthias seem to do better than a big group of their own, but still v much depend on luck i guess)

Digi, what fairy wrasse is this?

body and everything looks like lunatus but why is the tail like that.

I guess lunatus w a diamondtail cos that photo i think is taken in japan, seen it in soe website but cant remember which one.

My opinions:

- Pseudanthias flavoguttatus (No exp w this, but as u said, those that came in seem to be mostly doing v well, so can giv it a try)

- Pseudanthias bartlettorum (Your number one choice, hardy, rather beautiful, active, except a little bit too common)

- Pseudanthias aurulentus (No exp w this, but read they're moderately difficult, so can giv it a try but mux wait for them to come in first)

- Pseudanthias ventralis (I know this is not a species to form a group because of the price, maybe one or two mixed into another group of anthias? Difficult but one or two with other anthias seem to do better than a big group of their own, but still v much depend on luck i guess)

I agrees with digiman's opinion, but with a food dosing system, it seems like they can sustain quite well..

- Pseudanthias smithvansi (Tried it, even in a tank without any tankmates, they refuse to eat and come out of the caves)

- Pseudanthias flavoguttatus (Too rare and too ex for me to try, rumour is they are very aggressive if you managed to keep them alive)

- Pseudanthias tuka (Relatively to feed, but they will MIA for no reason)

- Pseudanthias bartlettorum (Easy but too common)

- Pseudanthias evansi (Never keep before, cant see the difference between Tuka and Evansi)

- Pseudanthias aurulentus (Too rare in Singapore, it is rare even in the States)

- Pseudanthias ventralis (Too ex for me to try and heard a lot of problem with them)

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

My opinions:

I guess lunatus w a diamondtail cos that photo i think is taken in japan, seen it in soe website but cant remember which one.

I agrees with digiman's opinion, but with a food dosing system, it seems like they can sustain quite well..

- Pseudanthias smithvansi (Tried it, even in a tank without any tankmates, they refuse to eat and come out of the caves)

- Pseudanthias flavoguttatus (Too rare and too ex for me to try, rumour is they are very aggressive if you managed to keep them alive)

- Pseudanthias tuka (Relatively to feed, but they will MIA for no reason)

- Pseudanthias bartlettorum (Easy but too common)

- Pseudanthias evansi (Never keep before, cant see the difference between Tuka and Evansi)

- Pseudanthias aurulentus (Too rare in Singapore, it is rare even in the States)

- Pseudanthias ventralis (Too ex for me to try and heard a lot of problem with them)

i like flavoguttatus but after seeing so many times at iwarna, i'm kinda contented and don't wish to keep it anymore. see too many times also sian.

terryz, ur smithvansi probably need some dither fish to make it more outgoing.

tuka, evansi are nice. but maybe skip them since they require tons of feeding.

aurulentus never come before, too ex.

guess i'll just keep a small group of bartletts... cheap and readily available. and 2-3 ventralis anthias :)

guess i'll just keep a small group of bartletts... cheap and readily available. and 2-3 ventralis anthias :)

If i'm adding anthias again this is prob wat i'll do also. Majority bartletts and one or two ventralis (perhaps some hawaiiensis ones as well haha).

• Senior Reefer

If i'm adding anthias again this is prob wat i'll do also. Majority bartletts and one or two ventralis (perhaps some hawaiiensis ones as well haha).

the bartletts will act as dither anthias for the ventralis.

actually ventralis in onsies and twosies, or threesies look nicer than one giant school. hawaiiensis is GORGEOUS! but i dont think come before and it's even harder than ventralis.

here's a wild photo of a female but from the looks of the background, looks like very shallow water!

post-15755-003789300 1282472020_thumb.jp

the bartletts will act as dither anthias for the ventralis.

actually ventralis in onsies and twosies, or threesies look nicer than one giant school. hawaiiensis is GORGEOUS! but i dont think come before and it's even harder than ventralis.

here's a wild photo of a female but from the looks of the background, looks like very shallow water!

P.Ventralis Hawaiensiss came in at least three times already. Once at CF, once at Iwarna, and once at LCK. The latest one is at LCK which is a few months back. Came in about 3 to 4 i think, with v nice males and $350 each and all develop the rotting marks on their bodies. V difficult fish if not collected properly.

2 anthias i cannot identify.

first one is a pseudanthias, 2nd one is some sailfin anthias.

first one isit P. flavicauda?

The first one is P.Flavicauda male, v rare and hard to come by.

Second is RabaulIchthys Suzukii i think but not v sure. Ah ya one of the sailfin species la.

• Senior Reefer

P.Ventralis Hawaiensiss came in at least three times already. Once at CF, once at Iwarna, and once at LCK. The latest one is at LCK which is a few months back. Came in about 3 to 4 i think, with v nice males and $350 each and all develop the rotting marks on their bodies. V difficult fish if not collected properly.

The first one is P.Flavicauda male, v rare and hard to come by.

Second is RabaulIchthys Suzukii i think but not v sure. Ah ya one of the sailfin species la.

OH yah i remember seeing them at LCK.i think i was there with you? they were in the styrofoam box right?