OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

The tufi damsel has a name!

C. niger.

this fish was described by allen 35 years ago!! it's not a new species! but it's new to the trade. allen saw it and recognised it from 35 years ago

new fotos of it

post-15755-003654700 1281019687_thumb.jp

post-15755-082586700 1281019695_thumb.jp

post-15755-036642600 1281019707_thumb.jp

terryz ur muelleri.

again from DD

For something along the same line, i'll prefer roa modestus from Japan. Shown is a specimen at Diver's Den sold at abt USD399 i vaguely remember. In Japan roa modestus appear occasionally and sell at very cheap price at around S$100-S$200 cos the fish though rare, is not popular compared to wrought iron. Something interesting we can look forward to in the coming japan shipment.

post-10328-009681400 1281021218_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

For something along the same line, i'll prefer roa modestus from Japan. Shown is a specimen at Diver's Den sold at abt USD399 i vaguely remember. In Japan roa modestus appear occasionally and sell at very cheap price at around S$100-S$200 cos the fish though rare, is not popular compared to wrought iron. Something interesting we can look forward to in the coming japan shipment.

I love roa modestus!

it's like a poor man's version of roa excelsa.

The tufi damsel has a name!

C. niger.

this fish was described by allen 35 years ago!! it's not a new species! but it's new to the trade. allen saw it and recognised it from 35 years ago

new fotos of it

Is Tufi damsel endemic to PNG?

Anyway, for upcoming japanese shipment can expect to see usual fishes like interruptus and wrought iron. Other interesting filler fishes from japan waters we can see in shipment are malachite wrasse, modestus butterfly, nippon butterfly, G.semifasciatus, japanese golden hawkfish etc. On the rarer end we have true bodianus masudai, C.Lanceolatus, Berndt eel, true japanese dragon moray eel and some rare sharks etc.

Below is a pic of the beautiful malachite wrasse, but definitely more suitable for FOWLR..

post-10328-009083800 1281022121_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Is Tufi damsel endemic to PNG?

not sure. but it was discovered in tufi isle. hence the name.

but what a boring scientific name. C. niger....

isn't niger like.. synonym for black? apart from melano etc.

urgh i will kill for a lanceolatus.

HEARD THAT!? EVIL LEMON. WILL. KILL. FOR. A. LANCEOLATUS.

I think i mux send u to see the councillor in my school. But i doubt it'll work, u're beyond cure, should condemn u to hell!

Jux joking...

I wouldnt mind this... It is nice too but it is deepwater right...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

I think i mux send u to see the councillor in my school. But i doubt it'll work, u're beyond cure, should condemn u to hell!

Jux joking...

AAHHAA!

no lor i'm good boy.

but seriously, lanceolatus is very very nice.

anyway two very BEAUTIFUL damsels!!!! where do i get them and any info on them?

Chrysiptera caerulineata!

post-15755-080460500 1281023027_thumb.jp

post-15755-026864000 1281023033_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

unfortunately, C. caerulineata is very hard to obtain. found in all the obscure places like rowley shoals, new guinea etc. but found in fiji. so maybe i can still get.

C. brownriggii is even worse. found in society island, marquesas. UNOBTAINABLE! SIAN

anyway two very BEAUTIFUL damsels!!!! where do i get them and any info on them?

Chrysiptera caerulineata!

Dun hav in our LFS? In Ah Beng always see a few this similar coloured and patterned damsel.

Many damsels are not collected for the trade because they are found in remote areas and have many similar coloured species from other areas with frequent shipments.

• Senior Reefer

Dun hav in our LFS? In Ah Beng always see a few this similar coloured and patterned damsel.

Many damsels are not collected for the trade because they are found in remote areas and have many similar coloured species from other areas with frequent shipments.

there is one that looks similar. but will change into ugly brown ones when grow up. and is not in the genus chrysiptera.

so it's very aggressive.

these 2 are small, don't change and are extremely beautiful. look at the wild photos of brownriggii!!