OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

I will not worry about tat because R.Kimura and his team has good reputation for deepwater collection and these fishes are prob ascend over many hours or even days like how they did for P.Basabei. Furthermore fuscipinnis and sanguineus are v hardy and easy fishes, so likely they'll survive and do well.

Hmmmm... But we dun get their fishes right.. Haha... I love the baby flame...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Cortez Marine collecting again. We'll be seeing more clarions..

Reefbuilder: Blue crown clarion and double rainbow passer, the passer is nicer than the clarion!

ur right. the king is really v v nice.

post-15755-014343800 1280813634_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

OMG!

white long nose butterflyfish! judging from the black bar that covers the entire eye, this is F. longirostris.

dunno if it's fake or not but i won't find it hard to believe if it's true also. we've seen pure white yellow tangs, and pure black longnose, why not a white one?

if it's real, it's freaking gorgeous.

post-15755-031470300 1280818548_thumb.jp

OMG!

white long nose butterflyfish! judging from the black bar that covers the entire eye, this is F. longirostris.

dunno if it's fake or not but i won't find it hard to believe if it's true also. we've seen pure white yellow tangs, and pure black longnose, why not a white one?

if it's real, it's freaking gorgeous.

Looks real, the fins still got some blue hue (details overlooked if it's fake) which is typical of all white marine fish.

Anyway jux saw the price of the baby Tosanoides flavofasciatus in Japan: 380000yen = S$5400 :eyeblur:

post-10328-033450700 1280828004_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Looks real, the fins still got some blue hue (details overlooked if it's fake) which is typical of all white marine fish.

Anyway jux saw the price of the baby Tosanoides flavofasciatus in Japan: 380000yen = S$5400 :eyeblur:

omg it's real!! the white longnose does exist!!

actually if you look at the dorsal and anal fins, there is some very fine yellow colour. means it's really real. but i think the white will fade back to yellow in captivity.

baby tosanoides not nice yet. must wait till it grows bigger.

• Senior Reefer

omg!

quite possible the world's most beautiful jawfish. described in 1902, this is the first EVER photograph of a living specimen. talk about OLD!

Opistognathus hopkinsi

requires super cold water of 14C and below.

post-15755-034234100 1280851569_thumb.pn

post-15755-041968600 1280851577_thumb.pn

OMG... This baby dies, it is 5k fly away!!!

Member of:

omg!

quite possible the world's most beautiful jawfish. described in 1902, this is the first EVER photograph of a living specimen. talk about OLD!

Opistognathus hopkinsi

requires super cold water of 14C and below.

THis is super cool when i saw it on ReefBuilder...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

chingchai's beautiful rhomboids.

he has 2x achilles tang in his main display and 5 more in his quarantine tank. he has uploaded a video on youtube.

would like to see how 7 achilles tang do in his tank. that's a crazy number of ATs -_-

post-15755-021770500 1280853377_thumb.jp

post-15755-095554300 1280853382_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

here's another look at the Opistognathus lonchurus

but at 14C and lower, this fish is impossible to keep in Singapore.

not only is it ridiculously rare. so rare that this is the FIRST live photo since it's discovery 108 years ago.

at 14C, your tank will probably be condensed 24/7 and your electricity bills could probably afford you a clarion angel every month.

also, this fish is predominantly cyan coloured. cyan is a VERY rare colour for marine fishes.

post-15755-088101900 1280853595_thumb.jp

here's another look at the Opistognathus lonchurus

but at 14C and lower, this fish is impossible to keep in Singapore.

not only is it ridiculously rare. so rare that this is the FIRST live photo since it's discovery 108 years ago.

at 14C, your tank will probably be condensed 24/7 and your electricity bills could probably afford you a clarion angel every month.

also, this fish is predominantly cyan coloured. cyan is a VERY rare colour for marine fishes.

Looks just like a Lake Tanganyika cichlid that somehow found its way into the ocean. :eyebrow:

Check out Lamprologus ocellatus

Lamprologus_ocellatus2.jpg

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

chingchai's beautiful rhomboids.

he has 2x achilles tang in his main display and 5 more in his quarantine tank. he has uploaded a video on youtube.

would like to see how 7 achilles tang do in his tank. that's a crazy number of ATs -_-

I somehow think he may regret after putting all 7 ATs in as the 7 ATs will make his large tank look small and crowded and over boisterous! Tat's wat AT is v capable of doing!

Looks just like a Lake Tanganyika cichlid that somehow found its way into the ocean. :eyebrow:

Check out Lamprologus ocellatus

Oh the beautiful shellies of tanganyika, miss my tangan days. Yap but no lamprologous species hold the cyan colours of the Hopkin Jawfish, so the jawfish is still v unique.

OMG... This baby dies, it is 5k fly away!!!

Haha true. On the cheaper end (not so cheap actually) the same shop also have these two anthias for sale:

The first one at S$2500 and the second one at S$2000. Wanna guess the names of the two anthias? I dun mind getting the second one if reborn can bring in.

post-10328-028534700 1280935439_thumb.jp

post-10328-099774600 1280935451_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Haha true. On the cheaper end (not so cheap actually) the same shop also have these two anthias for sale:

The first one at S$2500 and the second one at S$2000. Wanna guess the names of the two anthias? I dun mind getting the second one if reborn can bring in.

first one looks like latifasciatum but definitely not it.

i know the name for 2nd one!! but cannot remember! argh.

• Senior Reefer

The beautiful white bar mac. This specimen looks quite bigger than the juvi seen at LCK. V sad mine did not make it.

dorsal filament is extremely long for the size! gorgeous!

first one looks like latifasciatum but definitely not it.

i know the name for 2nd one!! but cannot remember! argh.

Ok give u the answer:

The first one is Pseudanthias rubrolineatus, very deepwater, can be as deep as 400m. Found slightly shallower in Japan water where they ocasionally are caught and of course stay in Japan and command a sky high price for anthias.

The second one is Pronotogrammus martinicensis, very deepwater, can be as deep as 400m. Mostly collected by Forrest Young group in deepwater carribbean. Most of them collected are shipped to Japan and again highly priced for anthias. This is one fish if RB can bring in i dun mind paying upwards of 1k for it.

• Senior Reefer

Ok give u the answer:

The first one is Pseudanthias rubrolineatus, very deepwater, can be as deep as 400m. Found slightly shallower in Japan water where they ocasionally are caught and of course stay in Japan and command a sky high price for anthias.

The second one is Pronotogrammus martinicensis, very deepwater, can be as deep as 400m. Mostly collected by Forrest Young group in deepwater carribbean. Most of them collected are shipped to Japan and again highly priced for anthias. This is one fish if RB can bring in i dun mind paying upwards of 1k for it.

ah yes Pronotogrammus martinicensis.

400m is not even insane. its absolutely ridiculous. at that level, it's way way below the twilight zone and it's pitch black. i don't know how an anthias can survive there.

ah yes Pronotogrammus martinicensis.

400m is not even insane. its absolutely ridiculous. at that level, it's way way below the twilight zone and it's pitch black. i don't know how an anthias can survive there.

400m is submarine depth. There are still many deepwater fishes inhabiting that depth although there is little or no light. Total pitch black will be the abyss, which is 4000m!

• Senior Reefer

400m is submarine depth. There are still many deepwater fishes inhabiting that depth although there is little or no light. Total pitch black will be the abyss, which is 4000m!

i dunno about 4000m, but 400m as it is is already super deep and very very dark.