OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

the black pyramid is nice. but not as nice as yellow ones. and they look freaking cui in aquarium. won't get so black.

Not that bad..

Have seen them... It is not that chui lar... It is quite dark grey..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Nonono... It is ugly... If you like it also, i will have i more competitor for those left at LCK...

rofl. it's nice lah... but i won't snatch from u. it grows to 6 inches.

it looks like a butterflyfish.

• Senior Reefer

It is a butterflyfish...

noo... stripey isn't a butterflyfish.

there's no butterflyfish genus called Microcanthus.

it belongs to a family called chubs, aka rudderfish.

noo... stripey isn't a butterflyfish.

there's no butterflyfish genus called Microcanthus.

it belongs to a family called chubs, aka rudderfish.

My source placed it under butterfly leh.. LOL.. Either way, it looks too cute to resist...

LOL..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

OMG. this paragraph was extracted from Walt Smith himself.

"we are now catching them in Fiji. Got two last week!

Both doing well!" - for golden angels

and

"Yes we were quite surprised to find this but we also have a lot of rare fish from this area we just got permission to work in about a month ago. The Marjorie wrasse also is abundant there and only there. This is the wrasse that Bruce Carlson discovered and named after his wife Marj." - Marjorie wrasse.

This posted in june 3rd this year.

Walt Smith is already catching cirrhilabrus marjorie! Maybe we can ask iwarna to bring some in during their next walt smith shipment

• Senior Reefer

from Dr. hiroyukia tanaka, his marjorie

"One of the more colorful Cirrhilabrus species, marjorie from Fiji is shown here. It is resricted to the Fiji Islands, and very common in same areas but rare in other localities of the islands.

The photo shows a male, 8cm, the largest ever I saw. I hope that the species will be more available at cheaper prices.

Hiroyuki"

post-15755-048314800 1279015293_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Walt smith's reply to Hiroyuki's marjorie.

"would you like to get a male ... I have about 60 of them and some are going to Japan next week. I think they will start winding up in stores there soon and I am sure you can request your favorite store to get it from the wholesaler we ship. I love the fact that you are excited about your hobby and appreciate the rare."

read the words in bold. i'm sure if iwarna ordered it from walt smith we WILL be able to finally get C. marjorie!

Walt smith's reply to Hiroyuki's marjorie.

"would you like to get a male ... I have about 60 of them and some are going to Japan next week. I think they will start winding up in stores there soon and I am sure you can request your favorite store to get it from the wholesaler we ship. I love the fact that you are excited about your hobby and appreciate the rare."

read the words in bold. i'm sure if iwarna ordered it from walt smith we WILL be able to finally get C. marjorie!

60!!!

OMG!!!

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

I am afraid it might be quite ex...

yes expensive. but it's affordable expensive.

the most expensive i've ever saw was a pair for $700 at liveaquaria. considering liveaquaria's pricing also.

the cheapest was $120 at US market..

followed by $300 a pair at US also.

all in USD.

so if we were to get here, it will probably cost $300-400? per fish. SGD maybe abit more.

which IMO, is still very affordable for such an amazing and beautiful fish. the price is only few hundred dollars more than a rhomboid which is so much more sensitive. My rhomboid came out yesterday but went into hiding and did not appear today. I don't even know if it's still alive. i'ts more worth it to spend a little more on a marjorie than on a rhomboid... considering how sensitive they are. chances are you might need to get rhomboids more than once to succeed. which should not be the case for marjorie.

Marjorie is not deep water and will probably be as hardy as any other cirrhilabrus

yes expensive. but it's affordable expensive.

the most expensive i've ever saw was a pair for $700 at liveaquaria. considering liveaquaria's pricing also.

the cheapest was $120 at US market..

followed by $300 a pair at US also.

all in USD.

so if we were to get here, it will probably cost $300-400? per fish. SGD maybe abit more.

which IMO, is still very affordable for such an amazing and beautiful fish. the price is only few hundred dollars more than a rhomboid which is so much more sensitive. My rhomboid came out yesterday but went into hiding and did not appear today. I don't even know if it's still alive. i'ts more worth it to spend a little more on a marjorie than on a rhomboid... considering how sensitive they are. chances are you might need to get rhomboids more than once to succeed. which should not be the case for marjorie.

Marjorie is not deep water and will probably be as hardy as any other cirrhilabrus

This will be on my backup stocklist... LOL.. My current stocklist only got 1-2 expensive fishes..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

This will be on my backup stocklist... LOL.. My current stocklist only got 1-2 expensive fishes..

this should be on your list too. Cirrhilabrus lanceolatus.

japan endemic.

I'm planning to go to Japan either on August or end of this year. Finally i will get to go to the land of rare fish and meet my idol Dr. tanaka. I had a nice chat with him on facebook about wrasse and he say to let him know when i'm going japan.

hopefully he will let me know where all the rare stuff are. and i want to visit blueharbour in osaka.

Wanna go?? JAPAN~~~~~~

post-15755-076174600 1279025032_thumb.jp

this should be on your list too. Cirrhilabrus lanceolatus.

japan endemic.

I'm planning to go to Japan either on August or end of this year. Finally i will get to go to the land of rare fish and meet my idol Dr. tanaka. I had a nice chat with him on facebook about wrasse and he say to let him know when i'm going japan.

hopefully he will let me know where all the rare stuff are. and i want to visit blueharbour in osaka.

Wanna go?? JAPAN~~~~~~

End of this year maybe.. see i managed to save enough anot.. LOL.. I will settle for roseafascia..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

End of this year maybe.. see i managed to save enough anot.. LOL.. I will settle for roseafascia..

my roseafascia...

the ventral fins look like lanceolatus. it's not full black/blue. only the anterior portion is black (like lanceolatus)

but all other parts of it was roseafascia.

it's probably still not male enough to express those colours.

• Senior Reefer

Cirrhilabrus lunatus. pics from Dr. tanaka.

i hope to see this and buy this one day!

apparently there's another wrasse called cirrhilabrus bruuneus. extremely rare, named by Allen. it's endemic to a certain locale in central indonesia. it looks exactly like the dark form of lunatus.

no photos at all. only one which was published in his papers.

post-15755-017308200 1279029826_thumb.jp