OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

But past resplendents are not cheap in US and Japan...

I like the purple highlights on Hotumatua... I am planning to run at 26-27C but i think is still too high for cool water species right?

According to the web, TOO HIGH! Recommended temp for cool water (including hotumatua) and deepwater fishes are 20 to 22 degree, occasionally up to 24 on the warmer days. These are data base on web resources and provided by pple who live half a globe away from us enjoying cool weather year round and have no problem keeping temp on the low side and hence may have overstated the requirement in terms of low temp. I'm a bit skeptical on the data, but not total disbelief. I'm currently enjoying success w my conspic at 26.5 to 27 degree although the web all state 25 max and preferably 23 all times. Chingchai from thailand has kept his wild interruptus at 25 to 26 degree for many years without any problem. I've been hoping for more pple to chime in on temp issue base on their own experience, relevant to our climate. For example i know Fuel's hulafish cant make it at normal reef temp despite feeding v well so low temp is extremely crucial to their well-being and as such hulafish should not be brought in again. Western blue are acclimating quite well at higher temp at RB. How about the max temp tolerated by bandits? I like to also see how this batch of interruptus do in our hot weather!

For temp we always want an easy way out, but that's inevitable given our hot weather and high electricity bill. It's jux not practical to keep things running at 24 degree!

According to the web, TOO HIGH! Recommended temp for cool water (including hotumatua) and deepwater fishes are 20 to 22 degree, occasionally up to 24 on the warmer days. These are data base on web resources and provided by pple who live half a globe away from us enjoying cool weather year round and have no problem keeping temp on the low side and hence may have overstated the requirement in terms of low temp. I'm a bit skeptical on the data, but not total disbelief. I'm currently enjoying success w my conspic at 26.5 to 27 degree although the web all state 25 max and preferably 23 all times. Chingchai from thailand has kept his wild interruptus at 25 to 26 degree for many years without any problem. I've been hoping for more pple to chime in on temp issue base on their own experience, relevant to our climate. For example i know Fuel's hulafish cant make it at normal reef temp despite feeding v well so low temp is extremely crucial to their well-being and as such hulafish should not be brought in again. Western blue are acclimating quite well at higher temp at RB. How about the max temp tolerated by bandits? I like to also see how this batch of interruptus do in our hot weather!

For temp we always want an easy way out, but that's inevitable given our hot weather and high electricity bill. It's jux not practical to keep things running at 24 degree!

It is too tiring on the chiller to keep things running at 24 degree... I think 26 degree might be enough to sustain them if we slowly acclimatize them to our tank temp... ...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Resplendent price cannot be estimated becos it's not available. Hotumatua according to RC the collection at easter island will be july august. Other easter fishes like C.Litus will also be made available if the collection realize. Dun think the price of hotumatua will beat that of clarion cos afterall it's still a dwarf angel and they're reportedly shallow water and abundant but isolated at the island. There're some issues with hotumatua though cos it needs lower temperature to do well, not the easiest of centropyges. IMO hotumatua looks like fisheri, but nicer.

Hotumantua has been collected in the past before and price is about USD1k. Since its even rarer now, the price might sore a little but most likely will not beat those of clarion. They are similar to coco angel in the sense that they are adundant in the area they are found at. However, logistically cocos angel are much easier to be shipped thus commanding a smaller price tag.

Hotumantua has been collected in the past before and price is about USD1k( a friend of mine overseas used to owned one). Since its even rarer now, the price might sore a little but most likely will not beat those of clarion. They are similar to coco angel in the sense that they are adundant in the area they are found at. However, logistically cocos angel are much easier to be shipped thus commanding a smaller price tag.

Hmmm.. Maybe i should start saving up now... LOL.. I really hope can keep one.. They are quite nice looking...

Yes start saving den ask RB or LCK to bring in. It's a v cute and nice fish somemore rare! I'll go for clarion instead, hardier and easier to maintain.

Yes start saving den ask RB or LCK to bring in. It's a v cute and nice fish somemore rare! I'll go for clarion instead, hardier and easier to maintain.

Clarion is nice and striking when small but it change to adult coloration is quite dull..

Member of:

Clarion is nice and striking when small but it change to adult coloration is quite dull..

I dun mind keeping it until it's big and ugly den donate to sentosa underwaterworld. It's always been an idea of mine to donate some unique fishes to sentosa which they can put in their display reef where i can visit next time and tell others: "hey tat used to be my fish!"

Update of my Joc

Added male yesterday and pair up immediately with my female. I notice that male Jocs tends to be longer therefore sized bigger, gill spine is longer and has bluish pattern on end of dorsal fin. My female is rather established and commanding a harem of flame angel including the alpha male :whistle:whistle

I just love Joculators, those who nv keep them will say they are just rich-man Bi-colour but in fact they are so different. :eyebrow::eyebrow:

post-602-12727248694292_thumb.jpg

post-602-12727248825675_thumb.jpg

post-602-12727249391963_thumb.jpg

post-602-12727249510482_thumb.jpg

post-602-12727249661745_thumb.jpg

post-602-12727249834068_thumb.jpg

Lemonlemon: Their hardiness, intriguing behavior and colouration makes them one of the most attractive reef fishes. A writer,GREG SCHIEMER, of advanced aquarist kept one for 8 years and it nv touched any corals. :eyebrow::eyebrow:

Terryz: Cannot must have, later everyone pocket big hole like me. <_<<_<

Lemonlemon: Their hardiness, intriguing behavior and colouration makes them one of the most attractive reef fishes. A writer,GREG SCHIEMER, of advanced aquarist kept one for 8 years and it nv touched any corals. :eyebrow::eyebrow:

Terryz: Cannot must have, later everyone pocket big hole like me. <_<<_<

The hole will close back one mah... LOL... :whistle :whistle :whistle

Member of:

Another rare fish :eyebrow::eyebrow:

OMG true personifer. V tempted but mux hold back..

I just love Joculators, those who nv keep them will say they are just rich-man Bi-colour but in fact they are so different. :eyebrow::eyebrow:

Agree 100%. Jocs rocks! They are not your everyday bi-colors!

beautiful. joculator will definitely be on my stock list.

Go for it. One of the best centropyge plus the price has dropped so much and has so much regularity now.

It is definitely a must have for a angel tank...

Yes, i kind of regretted selling mine after i've decided not to decom!

OMG true personifer. V tempted but mux hold back..

Agree 100%. Jocs rocks! They are not your everyday bi-colors!

Go for it. One of the best centropyge plus the price has dropped so much and has so much regularity now.

Yes, i kind of regretted selling mine after i've decided not to decom!

Haha... Go get another one... CF have a few for sale..

Member of:

Hmmm, Is this being described recently? Previously was labelled as Liopropoma sp.

Liopropoma mitratum

0405101-043.jpg

No L.Mitratum has been known for v long liao.

Haha... Go get another one... CF have a few for sale..

LCK also got a few jumbo specimen.. V tempted but mux hold back.

Hmmm, Is this being described recently? Previously was labelled as Liopropoma sp.

Liopropoma mitratum

Ok now i can see the pic attached. The pic shows a Liopropoma sp. Still undescribed i think but has been a most common Liopropoma frequentlt appearing from Bali shipment. It is not L.Mitratum. Mitratum looks like this, it's more slender:

post-10328-12727287021051_thumb.jpg

post-10328-12727287137248_thumb.jpg

post-10328-12727287269914_thumb.jpg

Digiman- 2 of the 3 jumbo is reserved. The last jumbo of the jumbo is my male :lol::lol::lol:

It's ok they are not available already. Cos if reli want to get one will not go for jumbo sizes. Mind sharing the price of LCK jumbo joc w me. Thanks.

Why must hold back.. Have other plans.. Haha..

No la jux wan to add fishes slowly to prevent an outbreak of ick. I dun wanna set myself in a situation to dose copper again. Jux added a white bar mac recently, so mux wait a few weeks before adding another fish.