OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

flashing tilefish considered rare?

btw terryz, 1 up lorry liao. jumped through my egg crate -_-

the other 2 is fine. appearing more regularly although not consistant timing, and always for beif moments

• SRC Member

yeah im pretty sure of that too.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

the other 2 is fine. appearing more regularly although not consistant timing, and always for beif moments

Nope. I've seen it at least five to six times in AM, Iwarna, Ah Beng philippines shipment over the years. Each time only 2 to 3 pieces but occasionally can be up to 5 or 6 pieces. A lot of the flashing tiles(esp those at Ah Beng) will have slight buoyancy problem. Tilefishes like wormfishes are very skittish and they love to jump out of the tank. They hide too much to be seen often enough for hobbyist liking and as such not a very popular fish. Purple tile is the most common. My favourite is starcki tilefish, which i fall in love when i saw a pair Iwarna kept in their display tank many years ago and back then i was still new in the hobby and was very fascinated with the tilefish genus. However when i kept the fish myself, it hide too much! So much that i grew bored with it very soon and gave it away.

• Senior Reefer

Nope. I've seen it at least five to six times in AM, Iwarna, Ah Beng philippines shipment over the years. Each time only 2 to 3 pieces but occasionally can be up to 5 or 6 pieces. A lot of the flashing tiles(esp those at Ah Beng) will have slight buoyancy problem. Tilefishes like wormfishes are very skittish and they love to jump out of the tank. They hide too much to be seen often enough for hobbyist liking and as such not a very popular fish. Purple tile is the most common. My favourite is starcki tilefish, which i fall in love when i saw a pair Iwarna kept in their display tank many years ago and back then i was still new in the hobby and was very fascinated with the tilefish genus. However when i kept the fish myself, it hide too much! So much that i grew bored with it very soon and gave it away.

hmm i see. this is my firs time seeing it in iwarna. bought 3, 1 died. the other 2 still alive and feeding but very very very shy.

yah ur right. they are freaking humji. i once bought a purple tile and it died of fright in the bag.

hmm i see. this is my firs time seeing it in iwarna. bought 3, 1 died. the other 2 still alive and feeding but very very very shy.

yah ur right. they are freaking humji. i once bought a purple tile and it died of fright in the bag.

That's quite possible esp if the bag is small they'll dash around so much in the bag and die from the impact of the collision with the plastic bag. I always see Ah Beng will pack all the purple tile individually in small plastic bags and put the bags in the blue tub, then reefers will come and hold each bag up and shake and examine (ok i admit i was one of them who did that before) and the poor fish will start to dash and jump around in the bag. Not very good for timid fishes like tilefish.

Anyway wat redsea fishes are u looking for? I'm looking for C.Paucifasciatus for years!

Price is good but size is not good. Too many horror stories of big interruptus. Not worth the risks. How i wish RB can buy the fish in on their own and QT the fish to make sure it's doing well before offering it for sale. And for that as a consumer i dun mind paying a few hundred bucks more.

The interruptus is one of the most outstanding and beautiful fish of its genus. If only I have the spare cash to run my tank temp at 24 degrees :ph34r::ph34r:

• Senior Reefer

Anyway wat redsea fishes are u looking for? I'm looking for C.Paucifasciatus for years!

looking for a 3 inch asfur angel.

C.Paucifasciatus is a very very beautiful butterfly and the red is amazing. Have seen a pair before in a public aquarium in australia and it looked gorgeous. very similar to the pearlscale but pearlscale is orange.

actually i'm sorta giving up on wrasses. i wnana move into angels and butterflies despite their unsafe nature. i'm already unorthodox enough to keep a softy tank, imagine a softy tank WITH angels. wow. spastic much.

but a 3ft tank is so limited for me :( i want a small asfur, a small regal amongst others..

Ya for the blue tang and butterflies(corallivore species) that's wat they are doing cos difficult to breed. But sustainable aquatics is also breeding other species of marine fishes like clownfishes. Defintely a company to support if our LFS do bring in their livestocks in future.

Dun think will be able to get.. Not worth the risk to ship these delicate species over half the world...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Eh, But it is rare in the states.. LOL... Why no one mention it can be found in singapore when I posted... :mellow::whistle

Member of:

C.Paucifasciatus is a very very beautiful butterfly and the red is amazing. Have seen a pair before in a public aquarium in australia and it looked gorgeous. very similar to the pearlscale but pearlscale is orange.

actually i'm sorta giving up on wrasses. i wnana move into angels and butterflies despite their unsafe nature. i'm already unorthodox enough to keep a softy tank, imagine a softy tank WITH angels. wow. spastic much.

but a 3ft tank is so limited for me :( i want a small asfur, a small regal amongst others..

You really giving up on wrasse? Let venture into Angels/Butterfly with Softies Tank...

3ft tank can fit in a lot if you know how to introduce..

Member of:

U're going thru the evolutionary stage of reefing. U begin with 3ft corals dominated tank, den u'll grow bored and add more fishes, reef-safe fishes which can co-exists with your corals.. Den u'll slowly grow bored w everything and take an interest in the beautiful butterflies and angels and start to go into fishes more than corals.. Eventually u'll realise your tank is not big enough and u'll want to switch to a bigger tank where u can get all the butterflies and angels u wan.. Den after sometime u'll feel big tank is so much maintenance and wan to switch back to a smaller simple tank keeping a few fishes which u haven tried before with some simple corals. I'm prob at the second last stage now.

He have 1 before when LCK have a branch in Ericcson Pet Farm...

That is like 'n' years ago..

Eh, But it is rare in the states.. LOL... Why no one mention it can be found in singapore when I posted... :mellow::whistle

It's rare in the states prob because it's harder to get healthy specimen there and tilefishes does not ship well. We are nearer to philippines so easier to see healthy tilefishes.

• Senior Reefer

U're going thru the evolutionary stage of reefing. U begin with 3ft corals dominated tank, den u'll grow bored and add more fishes, reef-safe fishes which can co-exists with your corals.. Den u'll slowly grow bored w everything and take an interest in the beautiful butterflies and angels and start to go into fishes more than corals.. Eventually u'll realise your tank is not big enough and u'll want to switch to a bigger tank where u can get all the butterflies and angels u wan.. Den after sometime u'll feel big tank is so much maintenance and wan to switch back to a smaller simple tank keeping a few fishes which u haven tried before with some simple corals. I'm prob at the second last stage now.

agree 100%.

That is like 'n' years ago..

It's rare in the states prob because it's harder to get healthy specimen there and tilefishes does not ship well. We are nearer to philippines so easier to see healthy tilefishes.

I am prob at the last stage... Last tank with a confirm theme...

That is the first and last time I have seen a true personifer... Last time not so angel siao..

LOL...

I know we can get tilefish, but never tot we would get the flashing tilefish... Lol..

Member of:

In light of the showup of a so called ultra lemonpeel hybrid at reborn, the following pics (and i can find more) should all qualify more or less as "ultra hybrid".. And Lemon after seeing this myriad of photos u should understand why i'm not overly amazed by the fish. Nevertheless it's still a v beautiful fish and definitely would hav gotten it if the price wont so steep!

post-10328-1272027778515_thumb.jpg

post-10328-12720277930597_thumb.jpg

post-10328-12720278057961_thumb.jpg

post-10328-12720278157444_thumb.jpg

post-10328-12720278313988_thumb.jpg

post-10328-12720278412602_thumb.jpg

post-10328-12720278998076_thumb.jpeg

post-10328-12720279279471_thumb.jpeg

Saw the lemonpeel at RB today wondering if its reef safe?The hit & miss percentage is it the same as FA?

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

• SRC Member

might be higher from what i heard. more danger.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

might be higher from what i heard. more danger.

oh then have to give up the ideal of adding in my tank... :erm:

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

A preview of wat is coming to RB next week. Two out of four of the fishes pictured(interruptus and carmabi) are obtainable at RB next week and they're currently seaching for the third one, P.Aya. Kudos to RB.

post-10328-12721917374761_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

A preview of wat is coming to RB next week. Two out of four of the fishes pictured(interruptus and carmabi) are obtainable at RB next week and they're currently seaching for the third one, P.Aya. Kudos to RB.

what's the yellow and blue angel?? isit a venustus variant?