OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

Thats a good sign...

Only good sign for consumers. Bad sign for industry people. If they cannot maintain the price of this fish, very soon it will become a worthless fish.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

I was love bandits... if only they do not need cooler waters

RC discussion always say they maintain their bandit tank at like 22-23 degree for long term success. But i dun think any of the reefers here are able to do that, running the chiller at such a low temp in singapore is impractical. I mean so many bandits have been brought in before and everytime all bought by reefers, but i've never seen any discussion here in sgreef regarding their success or failures base on their own experience, or any QT and temp issues etc raised. Wat we know are wat we read in overseas forum and websites. I really wish to know how true it is and wat happens to all the bandits that our reefers have bought. Whoever owns or owned a bandit, pls come out to shed some light and share w us your experience on your bandit.

My own experience is a bad one as the fish i got was big and develop some red bruised markings (signs of breaking down) on the body and died in days. So i dun dare to try another time unless the fish has been in LFS for some time and do not show the signs of breaking down. But sadly bandits are always snatched up within a week, they never stay long enough.

• SRC Member
till now regret the day where i skipped out on this.... there was a harem of this at iwarna and i just passed them. darn...

from fiji only.

Nice... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• Senior Reefer
Amblypomacentrus breviceps

Another rarely imported fish despite its collection location is so near to us... But it is a damsel...

925428.jpg

966786.jpg

saw this in CF. either this or tuxedo but i think its this. the fins are the same.

wanted to let u know coz i think was it you? or digiman looking for something like this. wanted to buy also, but didnt coz it didnt look too healthy. was in the QT room.

saw this in CF. either this or tuxedo but i think its this. the fins are the same.

wanted to let u know coz i think was it you? or digiman looking for something like this. wanted to buy also, but didnt coz it didnt look too healthy. was in the QT room.

:blink::ooh::shock::yeah:

Finally found a place where I can have a chance of buying them...

Time to go CF when I have my tank... Most of the fishes I want, Can get from CF...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer
:blink::ooh::shock::yeah:

Finally found a place where I can have a chance of buying them...

Time to go CF when I have my tank... Most of the fishes I want, Can get from CF...

next time see let u know. i only saw it once in QT room. got 4-5. but they look dam beat up. :(

RC discussion always say they maintain their bandit tank at like 22-23 degree for long term success. But i dun think any of the reefers here are able to do that, running the chiller at such a low temp in singapore is impractical. I mean so many bandits have been brought in before and everytime all bought by reefers, but i've never seen any discussion here in sgreef regarding their success or failures base on their own experience, or any QT and temp issues etc raised. Wat we know are wat we read in overseas forum and websites. I really wish to know how true it is and wat happens to all the bandits that our reefers have bought. Whoever owns or owned a bandit, pls come out to shed some light and share w us your experience on your bandit.

My own experience is a bad one as the fish i got was big and develop some red bruised markings (signs of breaking down) on the body and died in days. So i dun dare to try another time unless the fish has been in LFS for some time and do not show the signs of breaking down. But sadly bandits are always snatched up within a week, they never stay long enough.

Yes, had bad experience with Bandit too.

Suspect due to internal infection from decompression handling.

Wonder anyone manage to keep Bandit locally for long?

Care to share some tips here :rolleyes:

Yes, had bad experience with Bandit too.

Suspect due to internal infection from decompression handling.

Wonder anyone manage to keep Bandit locally for long?

Care to share some tips here :rolleyes:

From what I know, the longest is 3 months... They will wither away... Took it off my stocking list unless got small ones...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp