OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

This is one grate treat ! Sum of the best photos of rare fish are on her

Yuri!

i'm so happy to see you here and on facebook. and thanks for the welcome back, it's good to be back.

• Senior Reefer

looks like a normal juvenile Pomacanthus now, but these are P. rhomboides juveniles. aka, the old woman angelfish. the ugliest angel but very rare and extremely hard to obtain due to it being found outside the collecting range in africa.

but in the wild, very common.

post-0-0-39327000-1371737098.jpg

post-0-0-20696200-1371737102.jpg

Yuri! i'm so happy to see you here and on facebook. and thanks for the welcome back, it's good to be back.
It is nice to look at posts that have so much nice fish people that enjoy fish like me and is in english lol

• Senior Reefer

Yuri, Digi, and anyone else.

i have recently been sent a picture of an unknown dottyback for ID. it has however, an unsual tail. it is slightly rhomboidal in shape. the only dottyback i know with a diamond tail is Ogilbyna verlifera, the sailfin dottyback. however there are very few images of it online and it is found in australia. the males have very long diamond tails like lanceolatus fairy wrasse.

this dottyback is found in cebu, philippines.

i suspected it was afterall, O. verlifera, but a female. with an under devleoped tail and subdued coloration.

here is a video from shutterstock with an identical fish swimming in this time, indonesia. it is labelled as O. velifera female. is this accurate, i don't know. i have e-mailed dottyback authority Dr. Anthony Gill and hopefully we'll get a reply. video here -> http://footage.shutterstock.com/clip-2534186-stock-footage-female-adult-sailfin-dottyback-ogilbyina-velifera-swimming-underwater-in-indonesia.html

so what do you think?

post-0-0-46885700-1371739897_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-53211600-1371739904_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-62902700-1371739905_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-36807000-1371739953_thumb.png

• Senior Reefer

null-2.jpg Here is a photo of a 10cm kingi my one friend collected before i had a chance to get it it had white spot and died

awesome!

did you know about the coin sized kingii that was collected in a rock pool?

do share with us anymore stories from south africa. there's too little news coming from there. and shoot me an e-mail if you want it published on RB.

Pieter the guy that collected the small kingi is one of my friends. I have been naging him for that kingi lol

I hope to get ones soon the problem is that thy decompress realy bad!

I got the info of how thy collect bandit angels now i need sum one to collect me one