OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

terry, digi,

need help on this tilefish.

hybrid? what could it be?

Any idea from there.. it does looks like a few different fishes, looks like goby, fusilier and some small species bass. if it is really a hoplatilatus then it might be hoplotilatus cuniculus.. it might be stressed color that the tail show this color?

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer
The next two yrs will be: Abei, nahackyi and debelius!

As impressive as that list is, it's still a close second behind what we've seen recently.

nahackyi, debelius and abei have all been caught before and all have entered aquariums/trade. moreover, debelius has been bred before and abei has been filmed in the wild.

nigriocella, narcosis and peppermint are the rarest of the rare. yes all three have been caught and entered the trade also, but virtually zero information and video existed of all three until now. nigriocella has had a nice HD video of it and peppermint has been filmed in the wild with it's harem. narcosis has a video update on youtube by rufus kimura but the link isn't working.

the only way to top this would be to finally get some info of Apolemichthys guezei. it's a ghost. do you believe it has NEVER been seen or even heard off in the past few years? not even a mention of it anywhere and almost no one even knows it exists. jake was discussing with me recently how guezei could even be a myth! like bigfoot or the yeti.

Imo in order of rarity:

1. Nahackyi (Habitat is banned from any collection, so it'll never become available and there is currently only one in the whole world.)

2. Abei (Only one in the whole world, has never entered the trade!!)

3. Nigriocella (Too rare and secretive, we will probably not see another one in many years to come, has never entered the trade until the recent one caught)

4. Narcosis (Same as abei and more secretive perhaps, but a few has gone to Japan before, so it's ranked below abei)

5. Peppermint (Same as abei, but quite a handful has gone to Japan, so that's why it is ranked below narcosis)

6. Debelius (Awaiting secret hideout to be exposed and discovered so that more collection can happen, otherwise it will remain very rare)

7. Resplendent (If not for the captive breeding effort, this fish would rank high up the chart. Still very rare until Frank do something about it!)

8. Hotumatua (Ranked at 8 because it is highly possible somebody will plan for another collection trip to break the abscence of this fish in the hobby)

9. Shepardi (The rusty flame may have reduced the novelty of this fish, but the true shepardi from Guam is still so rare that has not been seen for many years)

10. Deboraie (Not really rare, but because i want the fish so much and my chance of getting it is so slim so it is very rare to me!)

• Senior Reefer

Imo in order of rarity:

1. Nahackyi (Habitat is banned from any collection, so it'll never become available and there is currently only one in the whole world.)

2. Abei (Only one in the whole world, has never entered the trade!!)

3. Nigriocella (Too rare and secretive, we will probably not see another one in many years to come, has never entered the trade until the recent one caught)

4. Narcosis (Same as abei and more secretive perhaps, but a few has gone to Japan before, so it's ranked below abei)

5. Peppermint (Same as abei, but quite a handful has gone to Japan, so that's why it is ranked below narcosis)

6. Debelius (Awaiting secret hideout to be exposed and discovered so that more collection can happen, otherwise it will remain very rare)

7. Resplendent (If not for the captive breeding effort, this fish would rank high up the chart. Still very rare until Frank do something about it!)

8. Hotumatua (Ranked at 8 because it is highly possible somebody will plan for another collection trip to break the abscence of this fish in the hobby)

9. Shepardi (The rusty flame may have reduced the novelty of this fish, but the true shepardi from Guam is still so rare that has not been seen for many years)

10. Deboraie (Not really rare, but because i want the fish so much and my chance of getting it is so slim so it is very rare to me!)

i agree with your list. that is more or less the correct order of rarity in my opinion too. but your list is more of rarity in the trade. if it's rarity in the wild or number of observations made, then nahackyi will be ranked lower, and narcosis, abei, peppermint and all the uber deep water ones will go to the top.

but personally i think the nigriocella and narcosis was just too epic of a deal already. nahackyi, peppermint resplendent etc doesn't cut it for me. i don't know why. perhaps they are too "famous" and well known already. the really unknown of the unknown like narcosis and nigriocella are very non-mainstream. i like.

i agree with your list. that is more or less the correct order of rarity in my opinion too. but your list is more of rarity in the trade. if it's rarity in the wild or number of observations made, then nahackyi will be ranked lower, and narcosis, abei, peppermint and all the uber deep water ones will go to the top.

but personally i think the nigriocella and narcosis was just too epic of a deal already. nahackyi, peppermint resplendent etc doesn't cut it for me. i don't know why. perhaps they are too "famous" and well known already. the really unknown of the unknown like narcosis and nigriocella are very non-mainstream. i like.

Well the narcosis may be gg to chingchai soon!

Next time i go bangkok i can go see the narcosis in person.

Indeed, narcosis is epic!

• Senior Reefer

Well the narcosis may be gg to chingchai soon!

Next time i go bangkok i can go see the narcosis in person.

Indeed, narcosis is epic!

really? chingchai is buying it?

rufus lives in hawaii and that's where frank of RCT lives too. i hope the narcosis goes to frank so he can make some narcosis colini hybrids! but if it goes to chingchai, at least we'll get periodic updates on it. if it lives.

really? chingchai is buying it?

rufus lives in hawaii and that's where frank of RCT lives too. i hope the narcosis goes to frank so he can make some narcosis colini hybrids! but if it goes to chingchai, at least we'll get periodic updates on it. if it lives.

Rufus sends his rare fishes to BH and BH sends their rare fishes to Chingchai.

So if everything goes smoothly, hope chingchai can get the narcosis and give us frequent updates on the fish.

I want more info, pics and video!!!!

• Senior Reefer

PIA has a new crosshatch x bluethroat hybrid.

this one is even nicer than the liveaquaria one because more bluethroat characteristics can be observed at the mouth area!

post-15755-0-72100300-1335858265_thumb.j

post-15755-0-30160500-1335858271_thumb.j

post-15755-0-19333100-1335858278_thumb.j