OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

Ultra rare Liopropoma Longilepis (Scalyfin Basslet) from Sea of Cortez, Mexico. A large basslet at standard length of 18.5cm and found at depth between 360 to 750ft! The Scalyfin Basslet is exceedingly rare and lacks significant documentation and photos within the scientific literature. Close relative of liopropoma fasciatum.

post-10328-0-49366800-1320579476_thumb.j

post-10328-0-66037500-1320579483_thumb.j

post-10328-0-49086000-1320579490_thumb.j

post-10328-0-91961100-1320579501_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

i've released the lemonpeel into my tank.

the male flame angel is chasing it but the chasing has decreased all of a sudden after about 15 minutes. it just doesn't seem interested in the lemonpeel.

however compared to the time when i introduced the rusty flames, the flame angel went crazy and forced me to separate them. lemonpeel isn't closely related so i guess there is not so much aggression.

surprisingly no aggresion from the rusty flames too.

the eibli hybrid is bigger and is probably male. it's circling the lemonpeel but not in an aggressive way. there is no doubt both of them will pair up. the eibli is a big, probably male specimen and the addition of this smaller lemonpeel is going to induce spawning hopefully.

I intend to pair the cocos lemonpeel with my hybrid Eibli x vroliki.

I've already caught it out and placed it in the sump where the cocos lemonpeel is.

the two fishes, when spawned and fries raised, will produce the legendary tiger-pyge dwarf angel.

here's a few pics of my eibli x vroliki.

since eibli, vroliki and lemonpeel are all very closely related and in the same complex, mixing and pairing any of the three is very easy and possible.

Wow finally we get to see this beauty, it does look like the tiger angel fish....

• Senior Reefer

Wow finally we get to see this beauty, it does look like the tiger angel fish....

yup.

the old photos i've posted were pretty bad.

but this picture shows a better look at the fish.

especially the photo of it turning it's head.

the face is soo not a centropyge. more like a pomacanthus or a apolemichthys, in this case, for the tiger angelfish.

• Senior Reefer

here some updates on my cocos lemonpeel.

the little torn fin on the tail is from the male flame angel, but other than that it's perfectly healthy.

the blue eye is clearer in these pictures.

post-15755-0-60601800-1320680508_thumb.j

post-15755-0-77723800-1320680519_thumb.j

Chrysiptera caeruleolineata is one of my favourites from the genus.

i have one but it's impossible to photograph the busy little fish.

here's a wild one in kwajalein, marshall islands.

Told you it is nice... LOL... But there is actually two varient, one lighter yellow and one darker yellow..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp