OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

ya right.. provided we own Deltec like David Saxby...

Lol, i thought you already got some blue print drawn up for your back yard balcony ? Can easily fit a David Saxby tank size with ample surround viewing space woh :eyebrow:

Seriously, i would have consider such a big tank if i got your space.

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• Senior Reefer

Here's a couple photos of a new dwarf angel added to my collection.

It's the Indian Ocean variant of the Lemonpeel Angelfish, Centropyge flavissimus.

What's so special/different from the regular lemonpeel?

Check out the eyes. Not only does it lack the blue eye ring, the entire iris of the eye is blue.

Pacific Ocean lemonpeels from marshall islands, hawaii etc have brown irises and a blue ring around the eye.

Indian Ocean lemonpeels from christmas island and cocos island have blue irises and no blue eye ring.

This gives the appearance of a rather clueless- squinty eyed lemonpeel. I find it extremely cute and charming!

Only Indian ocean lemonpeels have this characteristic and it's a geographical variation, but some scientists believe that this divergence has caused the normal lemonpeel to slightly evolve and classify it as a different species.

enough words, here are some pics.

all pics taken using iphone4. Take quite good photos right!

unfortunately this is seldom seen in the trade and can only be gotten so far from coral farm here in singapore. these fish arrive from the same shipment as joculator angelfishes, from the cocos islands. but each shipment only yields a small small number and not every shipment will carry this.

post-15755-0-86270000-1320480066_thumb.j

post-15755-0-24626100-1320480078_thumb.j

post-15755-0-17184500-1320480134_thumb.j

post-15755-0-20434300-1320480156_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I intend to pair the cocos lemonpeel with my hybrid Eibli x vroliki.

I've already caught it out and placed it in the sump where the cocos lemonpeel is.

the two fishes, when spawned and fries raised, will produce the legendary tiger-pyge dwarf angel.

here's a few pics of my eibli x vroliki.

since eibli, vroliki and lemonpeel are all very closely related and in the same complex, mixing and pairing any of the three is very easy and possible.

post-15755-0-53760100-1320482443_thumb.j

post-15755-0-22314800-1320482450_thumb.j

post-15755-0-30890900-1320482479_thumb.j

Here's a couple photos of a new dwarf angel added to my collection.

It's the Indian Ocean variant of the Lemonpeel Angelfish, Centropyge flavissimus.

Gorgeous! And v rare, much rarer den joculator. Furthermore like u said US dun get this fish!

digi,

jake took some nice photos of the canary damsels that were living in the azoo tank in long beach.

gorgeous right!

I love the canary damsels. But sadly it's unobtainable already unless tat are cook collections again.

• Senior Reefer

Gorgeous! And v rare, much rarer den joculator. Furthermore like u said US dun get this fish!

here are two even rarer lemonpeels.

a v cute one with mickey mouse tail and a blue mask lemonpeel.

lemonpeel hybrids are not sterile and will spawn with other hybrids and normal lemonpeels to form a whole range of lemonpeels with an infinite combination to the degree of hybridness and colours.

amazing.

post-15755-0-40229800-1320506473_thumb.j

post-15755-0-79386600-1320506478_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

The Micky Mouse Lemonpeel is sooo cute !!!

Wonder if there is anyone who only keeps and collects lemonpeel hybrid as a hobby :rolleyes:

Then there would be hundreds to collect!

I've a soft spot for lemonpeel hybrids and flame angels.

Because all are so variable. Even the striping on flame angels. I wish I could collect them all

Then there would be hundreds to collect!

I've a soft spot for lemonpeel hybrids and flame angels.

Because all are so variable. Even the striping on flame angels. I wish I could collect them all

It'll be very impressive to own a compartment tank with many different hybrid lemonpeels, blacktail, bluespotted, groucho, scribbled, cyclops, etc.