OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

and yet another pair!

semifasciatus season is now officially commencing.

the short window period where the world will be getting their supply in very small numbers and then another long hiatus.

Absolutely beautiful!!

Makes me want to keep a pair too. But my tank is too small, so i'll control.

• Senior Reefer

the season is officially in swing as quality marine just sold this freaking gorgeous male!

isn't it amazing how something can just be gone from the face of the planet for so long and then suddenly, the whole world is getting them out of the blue? this hobby is amazing.

and it won't be long before some of them get imported here again.

post-15755-0-52626600-1317180759_thumb.j

• SRC Member

Any idea wat fish is tis? It look cool if keep in a group of 10pc...

If it swims with head up and tail down, it's Trimma Tevegae. Henry calls them Spaceman Gobies. I had 3 sometime back and it's cool to watch them huddle together vertically.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Cephalopholis Igarashiensis. Neptune Grouper. Very beautiful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

The conspic x meredithi hybrid cost aust 2500 only... Bro digi, i tink u can afford it... 

It costs AUD 2500 in australia.

Let's do a bit of maths. To secure and send the fish here, add on another AUD 1k.

So in sing it'll be at least S$4500 if we are v lucky that no other countries want it. Likey not possible as if the aussie supplier intend to ship out, they'll raise the price even higher or open it up for bidding so that it is out of reach to most countries and in the end only the japanese is willing to pay or win the bid.

The last conspic hybrid at 4" went to Japan selling at 8k USD or equivalently S$10K. So this tiny one expect to add a bit more reaching 12k sing or higher if they ever ship out of australia.

So how can i afford it?? It is totally out of reach to me and i can only drool and dream.

Wah 12k. I tink u buy air ticket n buy it over ther is much2 more cheaper... Lol... 

The aussie supplier knows their stuff.

All conspic hybrids to date if sent out of australia all went to Japan. Because they mark up the price and only Japan is willing to pay top money to secure the fish.

So although it may be priced AUD 2500 to the australians, if it is shipped out of the country, due to competition from other asian markets, the price will go beyond my reach.

Much like a WI butterfly in Japan costs 600 sing but once shipped out of Japan to singapore it will cost 2k sing.

• Senior Reefer

mimic tangs are amazing.

there are mimic tangs that mimic the vroliki angel, and those that mimic the lemonpeel angels.

but in marshall islands, the mimic tangs even mimic the vroliki x lemonpeel hybrids!

post-15755-0-39244500-1317229440_thumb.j