Blueblue new tank

mecedesfish

• SRC Member

Hi brothers

I had been thinking for the last few months and finally make decided to make a new 4FT(L) x2FT(W) x2.5FT (H)

Specification

1) 4ft(L) x 2ft(W) x 2ft(H) 12mm IOS tank

-12mm Japanese Float Glass

- Dow Corning Black Silicone

- Internal Overflow box (Black tinted glass)

- All sides machine polished & chamfered

- Laser cut overflow comb

Sump

-Sump 30" (L)x18"(W)x16"(H)

- Dow Corning White Silicone

Cabinet & hood

- Chennai structured support stand

- All side wrapping with solid plywood

- 2ft high hood

- Formica Lamination

Plumbing

- +GF+ piping system

- Ball valves & Check valves

- Unions for easy dismantling

-Deltec apf 600

-Aquamedic or3500

-Arctica 1/3 chiler

-250watt MH lighting x2 nos.

hopefully get some tips from the experts.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro, thanks for sharing. Have you gotten the maker yet? me also planning but yet to settle the maker but will need it end of this year or early next year. Yr setup sounds great. For your H, 2.5ft may pose some issues in tank maintenance but if you are tall with long arms, think it should be fine. I have gotten a 1/4 hp for my intended setup and either 851 pr 701 for the skimmer. The rest, will salvage from my existing setup. Can pm me the price and maker. Wanted to have more choice. Thanks.

Hi brothers

I had been thinking for the last few months and finally make decided to make a new 4FT(L) x2FT(W) x2.5FT (H)

Specification

1) 4ft(L) x 2ft(W) x 2ft(H) 12mm IOS tank

-12mm Japanese Float Glass

- Dow Corning Black Silicone

- Internal Overflow box (Black tinted glass)

- All sides machine polished & chamfered

- Laser cut overflow comb

Sump

-Sump 30" (L)x18"(W)x16"(H)

- Dow Corning White Silicone

Cabinet & hood

- Chennai structured support stand

- All side wrapping with solid plywood

- 2ft high hood

- Formica Lamination

Plumbing

- +GF+ piping system

- Ball valves & Check valves

- Unions for easy dismantling

-Deltec apf 600

-Aquamedic or3500

-Arctica 1/3 chiler

-250watt MH lighting x2 nos.

hopefully get some tips from the experts.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

Hi

As you guy can look at my last posting, being hold by the tank maker and waited but never deliever.

I have decide to get a good LFS to my set up. ( 2weeks to delivery)

1) 12mm thick glass tank 60"X24"X26" Black Silicon (Germany) with evternal overflow system

(one year warranty)

2) Sump tank 32"X15"X20" complete with egg crate, Aquapharm Pur II (USA) filter medium,

bio-ball and black sponge support for skimmer and splash support and top up reservoir and pump

3) Solid wood structural support (10 year warranty) complete with laminate glass door and

hydraulic 15" openable hood and extra cabinet for chiller external 81-83" ht

4) 4 ft aluminium stand with ATI (germany) 2 x 54w T5 tube and ballast, 2 x 250W pendant

ballast and MH bulb complete with moonlight

5) Nature Ocean live sand and hawaii puka shell (USA)

6) Marine Environment salt 4 x 6.8kg (USA)

7) Skimz Monster S200 high performance protein skimmer with AquaBee (Germany) pin wheel and

Aquabee up2000 as feed pump

8) Skimz Monster C150 calcium reactor powered with AquaBee 2000i complete

AquaPharm ReefLith(USA) media and Grotech (USA) Magesium pro media

9) Skimz fluidized reactor FR-120 complete with AquaPharm Sorb4 (Germany) and Eheim pump

10) Aquabee up5000 (Germany) as return pump

11) Artica JBJ titantium chiller (USA) 1/4hp complete with aquabee 2000i feed pump (2 years warranty)

12) Italy ball valve, check valve, JIS standard piping. All electrical work, lighting below cabinet,

wiring, equipment delivery, installation setting up,commissioning

13) Aquatronica Advance set

Bless me and looking forward you experts to support me along the way

• SRC Member
Hi

As you guy can look at my last posting, being hold by the tank maker and waited but never deliever.

I have decide to get a good LFS to my set up. ( 2weeks to delivery)

1) 12mm thick glass tank 60"X24"X26" Black Silicon (Germany) with evternal overflow system

(one year warranty)

2) Sump tank 32"X15"X20" complete with egg crate, Aquapharm Pur II (USA) filter medium,

bio-ball and black sponge support for skimmer and splash support and top up reservoir and pump

3) Solid wood structural support (10 year warranty) complete with laminate glass door and

hydraulic 15" openable hood and extra cabinet for chiller external 81-83" ht

4) 4 ft aluminium stand with ATI (germany) 2 x 54w T5 tube and ballast, 2 x 250W pendant

ballast and MH bulb complete with moonlight

5) Nature Ocean live sand and hawaii puka shell (USA)

6) Marine Environment salt 4 x 6.8kg (USA)

7) Skimz Monster S200 high performance protein skimmer with AquaBee (Germany) pin wheel and

Aquabee up2000 as feed pump

8) Skimz Monster C150 calcium reactor powered with AquaBee 2000i complete

AquaPharm ReefLith(USA) media and Grotech (USA) Magesium pro media

9) Skimz fluidized reactor FR-120 complete with AquaPharm Sorb4 (Germany) and Eheim pump

10) Aquabee up5000 (Germany) as return pump

11) Artica JBJ titantium chiller (USA) 1/4hp complete with aquabee 2000i feed pump (2 years warranty)

12) Italy ball valve, check valve, JIS standard piping. All electrical work, lighting below cabinet,

wiring, equipment delivery, installation setting up,commissioning

13) Aquatronica Advance set

Bless me and looking forward you experts to support me along the way

Wow Aquatronica set!!!!This tank will be very impressive.Anyway who is your old tank maker?You going for full SPS tank?Cause by the look you are.

girlone.png

• SRC Member
the equipment already show who is the tank maker.

Oh ok i know already.Damn spams coming to tank threads.This has got to be stopped.

girlone.png

• SRC Member

I will go for LPS to start with plus tang and hopefully to SPS later.

ReDDevil/Angelfishlover

Hope you guy would share with me and guide me. After been from planted tank, it is total new in this wonderland.

By the way, how to get alway with all this spams. ?

Thanks

ReDDevil/Angelfishlover

Hope you guy would share with me and guide me. After been from planted tank, it is total new in this wonderland.

Thanks

Impressive equipment but I think you shld re-consider your chiller. 1/4hp seems insufficient, unless you have aircon turn-on in your house most of the time.

• SRC Member
Impressive equipment but I think you shld re-consider your chiller. 1/4hp seems insufficient, unless you have aircon turn-on in your house most of the time.

I have a 1/5 and sold it to buy 1/4hp. actually i think hard on having 1/3 plus space constraint.

• SRC Member
wow, high end stuffs, envy envy................ :bow:

with my previous planted tank, i converted it to marine tank. Running with 2 cannister filter and a small red sea Prizm plus air rift. Most of the coral couldn't last long, fishes health was good.

After a long thought, I decided that i should decom the orginal planted tank and up grade to "more pro" marine set up, get some better high end stuff and that most of brothers decom tank, i might get some good bargain and world oil price falling( hopefully SP elect charges will lower down in next year)

Envy.........but you never know that i had learn, paid my tuition from my 1st tank experience................worry that i will fail...

Cheers

• SRC Member
with my previous planted tank, i converted it to marine tank. Running with 2 cannister filter and a small red sea Prizm plus air rift. Most of the coral couldn't last long, fishes health was good.

After a long thought, I decided that i should decom the orginal planted tank and up grade to "more pro" marine set up, get some better high end stuff and that most of brothers decom tank, i might get some good bargain and world oil price falling( hopefully SP elect charges will lower down in next year)

Envy.........but you never know that i had learn, paid my tuition from my 1st tank experience................worry that i will fail...

Cheers

it's nvr cheap going into fish keeping................i oso paid for my tuition fees...ahahhaa :lol:

• SRC Member

ReDDevil/Angelfishlover

Thanks

We'll try to guide you.The spams will wait for the mods to clear.But seldom see the mods very active except for admin.

girlone.png

ReDDevil/Angelfishlover

Thanks

Hi there

Great to see you switching from planted... as for me... I've been switching back and forth... what the heck! :pinch:

Anyway, it's good that you decided to experience LPS first before jumping into SPS.

I think the SPAMs are targeted at you... perhaps you have made some enemies along the way :eyebrow: But don't worry... the passion will prevail and besides Reddevil and Angelfishlover, I will be dropping by to contribute too :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
dont say guide, we r learning still lets learn together :)

Uhmm yeah we hold hands together and walk together to learn through our journey and face consequences and learn from it. :D

girlone.png

• SRC Member
Uhmm yeah we hold hands together and walk together to learn through our journey and face consequences and learn from it. :D

:blink::huh::mellow::nc::sick:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

................................................................................

.................................................................................

.................................................................. :paiseh:

• SRC Member
oh, goody. new setup. always love to see pics of new setup. post some pics on your equipment leh. skimmer and such. pic of your sump layout too. will follow closely... good luck!

I will be posting it up more pictures. Lighting, skimmer and others are not here. I will be also out station next week.

So far salt mixed add to run in the tank. The chiller set at 27 dregree. Can i switch off the chiller during this 'running in'

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...