Vlamingi_cont's 2nd tank

• SRC Member
Ok guys check out my video on youtube... Click
:rolleyes:

Bro, you using that sun sun wavemaker?...i find it too powerful after i used it for a few weeks.

Nice moon coral...that one if u feed it with tiny bits of prawn or fish will grow fast + calcium dosage.

l7304smr.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Bro, you using that sun sun wavemaker?...i find it too powerful after i used it for a few weeks.

Nice moon coral...that one if u feed it with tiny bits of prawn or fish will grow fast + calcium dosage.

No lah... Not sun sun... is Hydor K2... :D The moon coral how feed the tiny bits of food?? will fly away one leh... :unsure:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
No lah... Not sun sun... is Hydor K2... :D The moon coral how feed the tiny bits of food?? will fly away one leh... :unsure:

must off yr wavemaker first...then place the food on it....few seconds the meat will stick to its mouth liao...dun play play

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
must off yr wavemaker first...then place the food on it....few seconds the meat will stick to its mouth liao...dun play play

OK will give it a try and post some fotos if i succeed... :heh:

-skimmer-less-

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
OK will give it a try and post some fotos if i succeed... :heh:

you can try feeding at night.. the tentacles should be out.. feed with fish or prawn like what bro ahSiang mentioned.. however dun overfeed cos will die... if i am not wrong meaty food should not be given more then 1 time a week... if i am not wrong that is.. hahah.. =]

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member
My noti damsel... These are the two fishes i've had left... <_< May be ordering some true percs from thailand soon... :eyebrow:

basket I hate this damsel man such a bully doesnt it bully ur brown tang?

hmm :eyebrow::unsure::rolleyes:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member
basket I hate this damsel man such a bully doesnt it bully ur brown tang?

hmm :eyebrow::unsure::rolleyes:

I dare it to... And out he will go!... :evil: :evil: :evil: The BT is larger than it so no problem... :rolleyes:

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
you can try feeding at night.. the tentacles should be out.. feed with fish or prawn like what bro ahSiang mentioned.. however dun overfeed cos will die... if i am not wrong meaty food should not be given more then 1 time a week... if i am not wrong that is.. hahah.. =]

Will give it a try but usually at nite i sleep at midnight still nv c tentacles come out leh... :unsure:

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
so what did u do to the stock skimmer??

Actually a little :paiseh: to mention... My father actually took that skimmer for a "hot bath" meaning pouring chlorine into a tub and put the skimmer in there and soak for dunno how many days... <_< Angry right and oso to bro ***** sorry can't sell it to you oredi... :pirate: Now the tub used for changing water has to be replaced with immediate effect!

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
wha... den skimmer throw away?

Yes... :cry::cry::cry: There goes the reserved skimmer in case of emergency and i can't sell the skimmer lerhh... :angry:

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
Actually a little :paiseh: to mention... My father actually took that skimmer for a "hot bath" meaning pouring chlorine into a tub and put the skimmer in there and soak for dunno how many days... <_< Angry right and oso to bro ***** sorry can't sell it to you oredi... :pirate: Now the tub used for changing water has to be replaced with immediate effect!

why whta ur dad wanted to do?

wash the skimmer?

hmm why need to change the pail? :unsure: :unsure:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member
why whta ur dad wanted to do?

wash the skimmer?

hmm why need to change the pail? :unsure: :unsure:

The pail is contaminated with chlorine oredi... :cry: And my pocket is oredi 3/4 burnt still need to buy new pail... haizzz... :snore: Guess will be taking up a loan from the bank soon...LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
The pail is contaminated with chlorine oredi... :cry: And my pocket is oredi 3/4 burnt still need to buy new pail... haizzz... :snore: Guess will be taking up a loan from the bank soon...LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

no need to throw lah, just wash it, chlorine evaporates very fast , wash a few time and put it out to dry and the chlorine will be gone

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• SRC Member
no need to throw lah, just wash it, chlorine evaporates very fast , wash a few time and put it out to dry and the chlorine will be gone

Really arh?? So can be used as per normal liao?? Even when high concentration of chlorine is used?? :unsure:

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

hehe can take from bank but dont take from loan sharks if not u have pig head soup everyday to drink hehe

high concentration of chlorine??

ur dad use the whole bottle to wash the skimmer uh hahaha :eyebrow:

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member
hehe can take from bank but dont take from loan sharks if not u have pig head soup everyday to drink hehe

high concentration of chlorine??

ur dad use the whole bottle to wash the skimmer uh hahaha :eyebrow:

No lah whole bottle Siao arh... definately kill him if he does tt... about 5 caps full of poisonous chlorine... Btw went down to Iwarna yesterday at 4pm waited for 1 hr for the shipment of exotic clowns... Definately worth the effort... :eyebrow: Bought a pair of Captive Breed True Percs... 1 with 2 stripes only the other 1 side 2 stripes with a teardrop and other side with 2 stripes... :eyebrow: Will post pix currently damned damsel eyeing on my percs... <_<:cry: Why can't thy co-exist together... The excuse for spending money is 1 for daddy, Father's day present... :lol::lol::lol:

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

OMG!

Actually bro, for the benefit of the doubt in case someone else has not told you so, I share with you that the best way to remove chlorine if you have contaminated your marine equipments with it is to use vinegar! which of course is an acid. So acid plus alkali will result in neutralisation to give salt, water and gas. Chlorine gas is easily removed from the water by adding air bubbles to the solution or allowing the solution to stand overnight.

When all's done, you have something clean and reusable. And trust me on this, I have used chlorine to clean my equipments ever since a very close friend of mine taught me so 4 years ago. So since good things must be passed on, so let you and everyone know about this (:

Hope this helps you next time (:

Cheers.

P.S: And if you are afraid that the vinegar is not strong to neutralise the alkali, just dump an entire bottle into it after mixing the chlorine with a lot of water and allow the reaction to stand for a few hours. One bottle of household/cooking vinegar costs around $1. So, if kiasu, dump 2 bottles in luh (:

CHeers.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member
OMG!

Actually bro, for the benefit of the doubt in case someone else has not told you so, I share with you that the best way to remove chlorine if you have contaminated your marine equipments with it is to use vinegar! which of course is an acid. So acid plus alkali will result in neutralisation to give salt, water and gas. Chlorine gas is easily removed from the water by adding air bubbles to the solution or allowing the solution to stand overnight.

When all's done, you have something clean and reusable. And trust me on this, I have used chlorine to clean my equipments ever since a very close friend of mine taught me so 4 years ago. So since good things must be passed on, so let you and everyone know about this (:

Cheers.

P.S: And if you are afraid that the vinegar is not strong to neutralise the alkali, just dump an entire bottle into it after mixing the chlorine with a lot of water and allow the reaction to stand for a few hours. One bottle of household/cooking vinegar costs around $1. So, if kiasu, dump 2 bottles in luh (:

CHeers.

Let's see.. hmmm for the skimmer... I'll leave it to bro ray... "bao zhong" LOL :P Jkjk if u want me to do it 4 u if u're getting the skimmer just lemme noe... k and to bro marcovan thanks for this note... Will dump 3 bottles in... :ph34r::lol: :lol: :lol:

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
No lah whole bottle Siao arh... definately kill him if he does tt... about 5 caps full of poisonous chlorine... Btw went down to Iwarna yesterday at 4pm waited for 1 hr for the shipment of exotic clowns... Definately worth the effort... :eyebrow: Bought a pair of Captive Breed True Percs... 1 with 2 stripes only the other 1 side 2 stripes with a teardrop and other side with 2 stripes... :eyebrow: Will post pix currently damned damsel eyeing on my percs... <_<:cry: Why can't thy co-exist together... The excuse for spending money is 1 for daddy, Father's day present... :lol::lol::lol:

ok pix here they come... :D 1 only hav 2 bars on each side... The other is teardrop if i'm not wrong... In case u think no leh... not true percs here's whr u have to click for more info... Click here

post-14611-1245652666.jpg

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Loving pair right?? :wub: Fins still alil spoil... Will give it a week or so... :rolleyes: I shall name them do and dar :lol:

post-14611-1245653288.jpg

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• Senior Reefer
OMG!

Cheers.

CHeers.

elemental chlorine is acidic not alkali. chlorine bleach, however, is alkali. anywho, using vinegar to clean off the chlorine is a good idea, but please be careful.

and note to bro vlamingi, if u are using chlorine bleach, please wear gloves. according to macrovan's reaction, chlorine bleach + vinegar will help neutralise it yes. but adding an acid to chlorine bleach may and WILL release elemental chlorine gas. which is very poisonous belonging to group 7 elements. should be alright unless u are doing it in very large portions. if u see greenish yellow gas being evolved, run the other direction

• SRC Member
damn cute... feeding well so far?

On pellets and brine shrimp... Another way to pollute my tank to c more black black skimmate... :upsidedown: :upsidedown: :upsidedown::lol: Captive bred more ez to feed than wild caught ones... And not enuff money to buy black clowns so got this one... nobody bought the true percula at all... I'm the only one that day... :P

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D