Jewel not opening

Randy

• SRC Member

I bought a jewel one week ago and found that it has opened bigger when i switch on the light...this has been ok since after one week, it stopped extending its length and only open the tips. Not so sure what has happened. anyone encounter this problem? does jewel requires strong light? I put in on the sandbed of height 2.5 ft. using only t5 light.s

thanks.

• SRC Member

how abt flow rate? they seem to like abit of indirect flow

no problem with the flow rate i guess cause i have a wavemaker putting slidly above half the height of the tank and this guy stays at the bottom..my temp for now is set to 28.9. Now set to 28.5 to see any difference before making any conclusion. I observe my sand starts to turn brown so i suspect of high phos. After measurement it seems fine last night, even though i went to lfs in the afternoon to buy more phos remover.

:P

• SRC Member

I had the same problem until I took a very close look at my jewel. I have 3 jewels in total but only one never open up. To my surprise, there's a tiny, long worm moving around that jewel. Now after removing it, my jewel started to open up slowly.

• SRC Member
I had the same problem until I took a very close look at my jewel. I have 3 jewels in total but only one never open up. To my surprise, there's a tiny, long worm moving around that jewel. Now after removing it, my jewel started to open up slowly.

updates: i moved my jewel under a shelter (less light) and it starts to grow again.but this time not as flourish as in the past. Funny when i bought it, it gives me an impression that it open up when it meets light. this has been one week and it stretches to the max on when i turn on the lights. But now it requires less light...:)