tri-colour acro

Hon

• SRC Member

After mths of adjusting my light and the uneventful of sun burnt acro. Its coming back to life .. The first to show recovering is my tri-colour acro. Note the dead acro skeleton at the back ground, its suppose to be pink okie ;)

post-22-1069598176.jpg

• SRC Member

The problem start with my 250w DE pendant. I guess placing it 8 inch above water level didn't do much much but burning the acro tissue only. I refuse or can say too stubborn to move it up. After many death, I decide to move my lazy bone is shift it up to 14inch from water line.

After 2 mths of tender loving care, making kalk to drip, adding DKH buffer and checking pH everyday. The acro is smiling back at me with its rainbow smile .. :lol:

• SRC Member
The problem start with my 250w DE pendant. I guess placing it 8 inch above water level didn't do much much but burning the acro tissue only. I refuse or can say too stubborn to move it up. After many death, I decide to move my lazy bone is shift it up to 14inch from water line.

After 2 mths of tender loving care, making kalk to drip, adding DKH buffer and checking pH everyday. The acro is smiling back at me with its rainbow smile .. :lol:

oh...I'm changing my 150W to 250W...abt 10-12 inches height...not sure whether will create problem during the swop over! :(

• SRC Member
oh...I'm changing my 150W to 250W...abt 10-12 inches height...not sure whether will create problem during the swop over! :(

I suggest you move the pendant much higher as compared to your current 150watt MH. Then slowly move it down in a bi-weekly basis.

Actually it all depend beri much on the glass shield too. Mine is only 3mm thick ... maybe thats where my problem started...

• SRC Member
Finally decided to move your arse and put in some real husbandry eh Hon?

At least its paid off, NICE..... B)

Now its time to list your .... screw the parameters ....Lets see some equipment listing :rolleyes:

Got lah..I posted it some times ago. My tank spec can be found here

The pics seem to be missing. I dun have them, Tanzy is the photographer ...

• SRC Member

The acro at the center is my precious blue or teal coloured acro. Almost die off during the event of UV burnt. Its still recovering. Some of its tip still have bare skeleton with algea.

post-22-1069604176.jpg

Actually, you're hijacking Hon's thread.

You should ask it seperately in another new thread.

Actually, there have been quite a few threads where this has been discussed before. Have you done a search? Keywords are superglue gel, superglue, epoxy.