World Rugby Finals Results

KingFish

It was a much better match than the previous Finals.

The English were in excellent form against the formidable Wallabies ... but in the end the English had the last waltz ... Matilda stopped waltzing at the 18th minute of extra time :D

But I think the RSA referee kelong ...

YEAH MAN WOOHOO I screamed when Jonny did the drop kicked and scored.

the RSA referee was okay, apart from certain dubious decisions, especially so in the second half.

on the whole, it was a good match all the way. Tindall was horribly good, and thank goodness they didn't bring on Catt until the dying minutes of the second half.

First half they were capitalising on their bulk using short passes, but that did not work against the Aussie defence.

But both the two tries were world class.

Wilkinson's drop kick was phenomenol, he weren't even looking when he scored.

Have you tried kicking the ball? Its damn difficult to even get a straight shot

I always thought England would be relying heavily on Wilkinson in the first half due to the weather. the Aussies probably knew that and piled on the pressure with a tenacious defence.

thank goodness for Tindall. did you see the way he manhandled the australian captain and gave him a powerbomb style tackle? OUCH!

Terry, you mean how Tindall almost took his head off ... :D

Tonight, I revert to being an action junkie ... screaming so loud, my Dad thought I lost a fish. Wish I had the heart to join my friends at Brewerkz.

Early in the match when Tuqiri easily flipped the English charger over, I knew it was going to be a GOOD MATCH... :)

Though they may not look the sort, they are not all brawn but thinking players as well, its a shame the English fumbled too many times ...

yeah the amount of turn overs was amazingly high and the amount of errors made was too high!

even Clive Woodward agreed that the English were kiling themselves at times.

its a pity Neil Back is gonna retire after this World Cup. to me, he is one of the better England players, apart from Dellarglio and Wilkinson and Dawson. sigh. =\

Trust me Terry, you'll see them everywhere from now on. Any large sporting goods retailer I suppose. Try SportsLink.

Its not cheap though, and we need the frame to carry the jersey. Besides the England Rose is too much for me to wear on my breast :D

Aussies are proud, but I feel England deserves it, they have waited since 1966. Lets not get started on cricket.

Think Golf, Formula1 for example, too much dominance and the the sport gets boring.

I would disagree with most of you... Yes, in terms of score and the dingdong of scores it seems very interesting... But from the rugby point of view, not good when the game is decided by points through kicks.. :(:(:( As I personally believe, the one that is currently playing the 'Beautiful Rugby' from the world cup are New Zealand and Wales... These two teams really played Rugby as the way it should be... I think the IRB have to look the points system again to encourage positive play of rugby...

From a rugby player and purist point of view, I agree to a certain extent that both teams should score more tries.

From a wider point of view, its the need to win which drives the strategy. To say its national pride, its only understating the rivalry between Australia & England.

They clash in cricket as well, and since Australia holds the Ashes, the English are even more motivated to win. If both team's defence is too strong, one has to think of other means to score.

well Clive Woodward already said that pretty looking rugby wouldn't win you the world cup when you come against world class opponents like Australia. :P

as for the jersey, well Rumor, if that was the case, I would have been seeing a lot of English jerseys. hahaha. I don't mind the English rose, I'm quite fine with it and I don't want the sissy looking tight ones that they wear. geezers. ah but come to think of it, I doubt I'll get the jersey. just another piece of clothing which I probably wouldn't wear in a years time. hehz.