Background for tank

• SRC Member

I dont know if this is available in Singapore. I was very tempted when I saw it at Chatuchak Market (Bangkok) last week.

It is a fake reef wall. It made from plastic with some fake rocks sticking out. It looks except like the reef faces I saw at Manado.

Dradttg... you must be prepared to lose like 5cm of space to install that right? I saw it too.. but I think it's some kind of moulded fibreglass.

I am using a black blackground. It gives a good contrast against your corals and fish and suggests a lot of depth.

• SRC Member

Erm.. You can get it at most freshwater LFS I think.. Worse come to worse pay a lil extra at R*inb*w. But IMO I also think that that sorta wallpaper is mainly for chichlid tank and Marine tank should normally use black or blue..

But hey.. To each his own, right? It's your tank, your property and you should decorate it whatever way you like.. Yup yup.. All the best, bro.. :)

• SRC Member

Seen some of these so called 3D backdrop around in some LFS. Cost around $200 for a 3 ft tank size i think.... unless you're willing to spend.

And yeah i would think it's more suitable for FW fish.

• SRC Member
Dradttg... you must be prepared to lose like 5cm of space to install that right? I saw it too.. but I think it's some kind of moulded fibreglass.

I am using a black blackground. It gives a good contrast against your corals and fish and suggests a lot of depth.

The one I saw will take away at least 2 - 3 inches. Comes with fake coral too.

• SRC Member

I have no background, can see straight to the wall behind.

But I think black is good because the presence of algae is not too obvious. :P

How big is your tank? I have some oyama paper from my discus tank which I am keeping. If you want, I can give it to you. But it is the light blue kind, not the usual deep blue you see at the LFS. I have quite a few pieces too.

I have no background, can see straight to the wall behind.

But I think black is good because the presence of algae is not too obvious. :P

How big is your tank? I have some oyama paper from my discus tank which I am keeping. If you want, I can give it to you. But it is the light blue kind, not the usual deep blue you see at the LFS. I have quite a few pieces too.

On the contrary, when you are able to grow lots of coralline algae... they will stand out rudely against any dark background!

I hate coralline algae now.. :angry:

• SRC Member

Can try Yishun Aquastar...I got mine there...comes in different colours too...rather easy to paste on...

You just need to spay on water with a tinge of soap..place it onto the surface then adjust and elt it dry...after smoothing the surface with a ruler... :)

:(

Sigh, the 5 ft tank is already against the wall. no way i can stick oyama paper behind alr... and the wall is green in colour.. made the water looks dirty.. haha

still in cycling stage.. and the tank crashed.. picked up all the LR.. rewashed and scraped.. lotsa work..

:cry:

3D textured paper cost so much... sigh... any other ways huh..

cheers!

hey guys.. i got what i wanted alr.. from a LFS.. i guessed u all misunderstand what i wanted...

i buy the material liao then realised its just a piece of styrofoam board.. cut into reef textured... in black colour..

quite nice ah...

not expensive also... few bucks only..

(first saw it at aquarama)

:PB)

hey guys.. i got what i wanted alr.. from a LFS.. i guessed u all misunderstand what i wanted...

i buy the material liao then realised its just a piece of styrofoam board.. cut into reef textured... in black colour..

quite nice ah...

not expensive also... few bucks only..

(first saw it at aquarama)

:PB)

you are right. I still don't understand what on earth you're talking about. =\