Vinc's 2ft Cube Tank

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh what a lovely blue yuma. iwarna's one were sold to the thais very early. but heard its not very fantastic.

Probably how the blue yumas look like.

http://eddie-coral-adventures.blogspot.com...t-shipment.html

Look near the bottom half of the page.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
my own 'rainbow' yuma.. :) this fellow has faded its bright colours, but has grew an extra baby polyp for me..

Nice... where did you get it from? :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
oh what a lovely blue yuma. iwarna's one were sold to the thais very early. but heard its not very fantastic.

thanks bro, i got this from AM last year.. any idea whats the price of iwarna's blue yuma?

Probably how the blue yumas look like.

http://eddie-coral-adventures.blogspot.com...t-shipment.html

Look near the bottom half of the page.

oh man, i'm in shanghai now, blogspot is blocked.. can't see the pic.. :S

Nice... where did you get it from? :eyebrow:

hehe which one? blue yuma from AM, 'rainbow' is among a tub of cheap softies at iwarna.. found a gem among the junk.. :eyebrow:

Bro, yours look much nicer than mine! I did get 2 baby polyps though... :paiseh:

haha wao urs got 2 babies already! mine the colour is fading away alot! i think i'll frag out the baby and place it in a higher-lit position.. when i'm back in S'pore next month.. :lol:

• SRC Member

some good news on my RBTA, 1 become 2, become 3.. :rolleyes:

just right after the split.. with all the sludge and goo still..

post-9599-1260176075_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
wow nice!

:wub:

wish i could have anemone:(

thanks bro, unfortunately just received word from home that one of the small newly splitted clones up lorried.. so i'm still back to 2 pieces.. :(

thanks bro, unfortunately just received word from home that one of the small newly splitted clones up lorried.. so i'm still back to 2 pieces.. :(

Hey Vinc can i ask you more about RBTA?

Mine is moving quite alot even if i target feed it at that particular location is yours always moving? Also does your RBTA effect the opening of corals as i read that they release toxins? Does NO3 effect the RBTA?

Pls share with me more about your experience.

• SRC Member
Hey Vinc can i ask you more about RBTA?

Mine is moving quite alot even if i target feed it at that particular location is yours always moving? Also does your RBTA effect the opening of corals as i read that they release toxins? Does NO3 effect the RBTA?

Pls share with me more about your experience.

hi bro Eniram, i'm no expert, but from my limited knowledge of RBTAs, i can share what i experienced..

it moves till it finds a perfect location that it likes, and stay there all the time.. UNTIL it splits, den the clone will most likely move off to search for a location it likes..

so far, i have not have any toxin wars yet.. and i have seen many other reefers with anemones like RBTAs, carpet haddonis, gigantea etc and all have nice healthy sps.. i do run an FR too, with rowaphos and carbon inside, and my water volume is huge, if it helps..

i believe NO3 affects all livestocks, but as long as it's below 20ppm i guess its fine.. i keep my sps with around slightly less than 20ppm of nitrate too.. at least that was the last time i tested it, which was a year ago haha..

cheers bro, hope that helps.. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

some pics from my trip to Jiangyin Road in Shanghai.. nothing much there to see.. saw a baby sea turtle though..

post-9599-1261641896_thumb.jpg

post-9599-1261641910_thumb.jpg

post-9599-1261641917_thumb.jpg

post-9599-1261641925_thumb.jpg

post-9599-1261641934_thumb.jpg

post-9599-1261641944_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

only 2 shops had limited marine stuffs inside.. and nothing comparable to our local LFS here in S'pore.. :)

post-9599-1261641980_thumb.jpg

post-9599-1261641988_thumb.jpg

post-9599-1261641995_thumb.jpg

post-9599-1261642001_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
Wow..even in China you can keep bearded dragons and chameleons. Singapore... <_<

yupps, i walked past a shop at "Jing Sheng Hua Shi" and saw a shop selling a Golden python.. :eyeblur:

• SRC Member

went to "Jing Sheng Hua Shi" and visited the marine shops there.. was an awesome visit, and i spent half a day just walking ard and chatting with the shop owners..

Rhizos.. and nice Giganteas.. and nice prices.. :phone:

post-9599-1262238311_thumb.jpg

post-9599-1262238322_thumb.jpg

post-9599-1262238345_thumb.jpg

post-9599-1262238460_thumb.jpg

yupps, i walked past a shop at "Jing Sheng Hua Shi" and saw a shop selling a Golden python.. :eyeblur:

Think that would be an albino burmese python. Used to cost 4 digits but now much much cheaper.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
Think that would be an albino burmese python. Used to cost 4 digits but now much much cheaper.

yupp yupps thats exactly what i saw.. awesome stuffs here.. haha.. :)

• Senior Reefer
I agree... :( tt's one fine beauty! anymore left?

actually i believe i saw this the other day at CF. mistook it for the very similar paracheilinus Falvianalis. the yellow finflasher wrasse. Both only have one filament on the dorsal fin, the only difference in a yellow an@l fin. haiz.... really off my game lately.

• SRC Member
I agree... :( tt's one fine beauty! anymore left?

bro comycus, got quite alot left.. but must choose carefully, some are more active at flashing than others.. :eyebrow:

HOLY WT cow! MCCOSKER! have been looking for this for EVER! all the wasted trips to CF :( haiz... well at least its in good hands! beautiful fish.

actually i believe i saw this the other day at CF. mistook it for the very similar paracheilinus Falvianalis. the yellow finflasher wrasse. Both only have one filament on the dorsal fin, the only difference in a yellow an@l fin. haiz.... really off my game lately.

bro Lemon, yes indeed, beautiful fish, thats why i couldn't resist.. most of them weren't flashing thats why they looked like the similar yellow-fin cousin.. i happen to see 2 that were flashing at each other.. bought them both haha, 1 in my dad's tank, 1 in mine.. mine is actively flashing away, but my dad's one went into hiding.. :rolleyes:

• Senior Reefer
bro comycus, got quite alot left.. but must choose carefully, some are more active at flashing than others.. :eyebrow:

bro Lemon, yes indeed, beautiful fish, thats why i couldn't resist.. most of them weren't flashing thats why they looked like the similar yellow-fin cousin.. i happen to see 2 that were flashing at each other.. bought them both haha, 1 in my dad's tank, 1 in mine.. mine is actively flashing away, but my dad's one went into hiding.. :rolleyes:

excellent! keep the flashing up, their colours will retain very well. a mirror might increase the flashing if they decide to stop for whatever reason, and other dither wrasses will increase flaring and flashing behaviours. if they stop for good, colours may fade. not sure for mccosker, but this is wat i observe for P. lineopunctatus. yours looks big. a nice terminal male size!