Vinc's 2ft Cube Tank

• SRC Member
Wow...yr zoas very shui like garden.

thank you bro.. mine is nothing compared to the many bros and sis out here.. :)

omg is that a zoo growing on ur glass!? amazing. if u need to sell away frags u know who to call ;)

thats right, i placed some zoas for it to spread on my glass.. :lol: i do have a few frags of zoas available now.. will take pics for u later.. :)

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Senior Reefer
thank you bro.. mine is nothing compared to the many bros and sis out here.. :)

thats right, i placed some zoas for it to spread on my glass.. :lol: i do have a few frags of zoas available now.. will take pics for u later.. :)

ty hehe :) BTW ask u ah, my lighting....i using T5s.... 39W each, got 4 bulbs. 2 white and 2 blue actinic. white light is the 10k one....is it enuf for my zoo? i put my zoo middle high section of my tank....

• SRC Member
ty hehe :) BTW ask u ah, my lighting....i using T5s.... 39W each, got 4 bulbs. 2 white and 2 blue actinic. white light is the 10k one....is it enuf for my zoo? i put my zoo middle high section of my tank....

i used to have a small nano tank last time, decommissioned as seen in my signature.. in that tank i was doing all zoas and mushrooms, and using 4x24W T5, Hopar brand, and was able to sustain zoas without difficulty.. therefore i would say 4 tubes is sufficient.. :)

• SRC Member
i used to have a small nano tank last time, decommissioned as seen in my signature.. in that tank i was doing all zoas and mushrooms, and using 4x24W T5, Hopar brand, and was able to sustain zoas without difficulty.. therefore i would say 4 tubes is sufficient.. :)

Brother Snowman,

Do you dose anything extra to get those coraline algae growing on the glass panel n rocks? I dose magnesium and strontium weekly, but dun grow that much like wat i c in yr tank.

Btw, yr zoa garden very shui.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
Brother Snowman,

Do you dose anything extra to get those coraline algae growing on the glass panel n rocks? I dose magnesium and strontium weekly, but dun grow that much like wat i c in yr tank.

Btw, yr zoa garden very shui.

i'm using a Calcium Reactor.. shared with my dad's tank.. thats all.. :) i dun do any dosing at all, except for water changes every week with seawater from Iwarna..

• SRC Member

k bros.. sorry had to rush out just now.. let me sort out my PMs first haha..

the pink centre with red skirts is from iwarna.. same US shipment.. all the polyps was only 30% open, but the pink inside caught my eyes, thats why i took a risk and bought it.. some of it the colours have faded away.. seems like quite a demanding piece of zoa.. :)

let me know which ones u guys interested in, i see if i can make some more frags..

• SRC Member
thanks bro keith.. i think u remember me right haha.. :lol:

Yes, I do. I see my old skimmer has been put into great use :)

Nice job on the tank. I am just starting mine up again, after 2 years, and your tank is an inspiration to me. I am really having trouble thinking of what to keep.

• SRC Member
Yes, I do. I see my old skimmer has been put into great use :)

Nice job on the tank. I am just starting mine up again, after 2 years, and your tank is an inspiration to me. I am really having trouble thinking of what to keep.

oh bro keith pls dun say that, my tank is still very new.. and i'm actively learning as i go along.. i've seen some of your old tank pics, awesome.. hope to see you back in this hobby real soon! :) thanks thanks..

• SRC Member
Bro, u like this one? :eyebrow:

hey sis, wa i still owe u 1 picture! haha the pink is not bright pink though.. will show sometime later.. ya sure sis i anything one.. :) paiseh nowadays bz with sch..

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

Tank update: no new updates!

hahaha, everything very much remains the same, no space for new items, therefore just letting the corals grow and harvesting them once in a while.. :D

Meanwhile.. maybe i could post some pictures of my new project.. warning to all: :off:

it is basically a freshwater planted tank, breeding good grades Crystal Red Shrimps, and Fire-Red Sakura Shrimps.. :)

post-9599-1244310530.jpg

post-9599-1244310571.jpg

post-9599-1244310583.jpg

• SRC Member

Oh my... even your planted tank looks amazing! So that's what you have been busy with! :bow:

I used to keep crystal red shrimp for fun (the low grade ones), but lost interest quickly. Marine is in my blood... :P