Debris...

Randy

• SRC Member

I have lots of debris on the sand. what is the best way to remove them? i used graval cleaner but its difficult cause the sand will be sucked up as well ;(..added some nassa snails but invain.What eats them...

• SRC Member

last time i use to keep twin spot goby, they usually will do the cleaning on the sand when they look for food. This action will stir up the debris. Alternatively, u can try sand shifting star fish or sea cucumber. my 2cts.

pico pico pico.

• SRC Member
last time i use to keep twin spot goby, they usually will do the cleaning on the sand when they look for food. This action will stir up the debris. Alternatively, u can try sand shifting star fish or sea cucumber. my 2cts.

heard sand shifter star is not good....sea cucumber may excret toxic when stress...

• SRC Member

read somewhere that green brittle stars might prey on small fishes when it grows larger.. any experiences with this? :huh:

• SRC Member
So far nope. I got some goby and hermit. Still around.

cool.. will recommend my dad to get a brittle for his tank.. because he can't have nassas (no sand), and he doesn't like shrimps.. so leftover food on the bottom might be a problem.. :D

• SRC Member
I used to have a adult brittle starfish, but one day i caught one of its arm holding my common clownfish. 2nd day my 2nd clownfish in its arm same location too.

can try going for sand drifting star fish

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...&pcatid=572

diamond watchman goby

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...&pcatid=220

HTH :pirate: