Too strong light for SPS

Most times, its not just about the intensity or photoperiod, it could also be factors like waterflow or water quality. If there are other stress factors like parasites or predators, the coral may also change colour.

The white tips look like growth tips.

• SRC Member
Most times, its not just about the intensity or photoperiod, it could also be factors like waterflow or water quality. If there are other stress factors like parasites or predators, the coral may also change colour.

The white tips look like growth tips.

Hi boss man nice to have you here. yap it had a litter growth and also yes there is about 3 crap in it. but craps should be ok right???

Yap water quality is the first thing i check but they are ok. only thing is that Ca is alitter high. about 500.

do you thing it is causing this???

but any way thanks for answering me. :thanks:

• SRC Member
from the pic that u post..I dun see any problem with ur sps.....

IMHO, sps not able to hold colour in our tank is bcoz of high nutrient

when u bought it, is the colour a bit lighter???

hi bro whenyou said high Nutrient what do you mean??? sorry as i can do very well on LPS but not SPS.

but this tank i did not feed my LPS as i want to try SPS. by the way iam now in china :whistle

and the price for corals here is cheaper than in singapore. feel lonely here in china :ph34r:

Corals go through cycles of colour changes when something in the condition of your tank water changes.

If you really want to get optimum colour, you have to go for optimum parameters... and all this is also experiementation. A frag of the same coral in two different tanks may grow differently and have different colours.

Genetically, not all coral specimens are the same... you can't expect a certain colour if its of a different colour morph.

• SRC Member
Corals go through cycles of colour changes when something in the condition of your tank water changes.

If you really want to get optimum colour, you have to go for optimum parameters... and all this is also experiementation. A frag of the same coral in two different tanks may grow differently and have different colours.

Genetically, not all coral specimens are the same... you can't expect a certain colour if its of a different colour morph.

Thanks. boss man. will kept a look out on the parameters. Thanks again. :thanks::upsidedown:

• SRC Member
also yes there is about 3 crap in it. but craps should be ok right???

u mean 3 crabs ? ...if yes... it depend on what type of crabs are they... if acro crabs is should be ok but

if it hairy crabs (with white eyes) better take it out.

hi bro sorry its "crab" . yap i have check their eyes are not white. their eys are black and their boby is orange in colour. are they acro crabs????

thanks

• SRC Member
hi bro sorry its "crab" . yap i have check their eyes are not white. their eys are black and their boby is orange in colour. are they acro crabs????

thanks

are them hairy? if can post a picture of it ..would be better there are a many sp. of crabs and arco crabs ard.

thanks

Those are perfectly safe. They are commensual crabs that live in SPS corals and help to clean it and protect it.

• SRC Member
Hairy crab.... can grow very big...and munch all the sps...

Hi bro thanks fore the tip. will look out for them but the one i have now that live on the sps is not the crab that you have post . :pirate: lucky me. :whistle . by the way how to catch the hairy crab if i have one???

thanks