blue lobster reef safe but fish eater?

weileong

Seriously bro, you have to research first before buying. You are wasting money and livestock due to incompatibility problems.

Remember... responsible reefing starts with Knowledge! ;)

You can ask here first before buying... from what you tell me, it seems the LFS will say yes to anything you buy! :D

Seriously bro, you have to research first before buying. You are wasting money and livestock due to incompatibility problems.

Remember... responsible reefing starts with Knowledge! ;)

You can ask here first before buying... from what you tell me, it seems the LFS will say yes to anything you buy! :D

Kanna conned by LFS too... saying butterfly dun peck coral when they are full...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

take LFS advice with a bucket of salt. saves you a lot of trouble in the long run. most establishments just want your money, nothing else.

not bad mouthing LFS who give decent advice. but yeah. from experience, most of them are in it for the profit.

again like I said. this statement doesn't apply to every LFS out there.

I read your post this morning and then managed to catch the white antenna. Wow pull real hard but the lobster also very strong lei. I think if I try harder the antenna will break off.

I will try again, this time I hold on to both antenna and then slowly grab the body.

Lobster salad should be nice :P

• SRC Member

I guess it's a little late to say "do not try to catch them by their, pincers/feelers/legs....etc"

A suggestion:

carefully make a clearing behind their fav hole/hideout. put a net or bag there. Tickle the guy from the front. Eventually they will shoot backwards. Works with big ones you wanna cook too! :P

• SRC Member

Hey good luck on caching your blue lobster yah? It all depends on luck lah sometimes they'll just get themselves into your net but sometimes you have to tear down your whole reef.. Maybe you could observe it for awhile and make sure it'l REALLY hunting down your fish before removing it.. Maybe it was your fish which was dying in the first place..

And yeah, I agree that there are more and more LFS nowadays that give you wrong info just to sell you stuff.. Some will even argue with you just to make you buy.. I had an uncle tell me that coral sand can be used for freshwater planted tank and would not make much of a difference to water quality..

But if I'm not wrong.. Big and established LFS.. Saltwater ones at least who have loyal customers still do tend to make alot of money right?? I might want to set up an LFS like ten years down the road.. Hehe..