sea slug to give away

weileong

• SRC Member

Hey those look like parasitic nudibranches that feed on zoos... better get rid of them...

This has been discussed before in earlier threads... do a search in the forum to find out more...

I had an infestation of them two months ago and it wipe out two of my zoo frags...

• SRC Member
Saw them in my tank too. How to get rid of them? Any traps?

this kinda thing no traps one lah.. i used to take out the frag to pick out the nudis... think the best way is still to dip the whole frag in tap water for max one minute... not sure la but that is what i did...

• SRC Member

this kinda thing no traps one lah.. i used to take out the frag to pick out the nudis... think the best way is still to dip the whole frag in tap water for max one minute... not sure la but that is what i did...

Did just that (freshwater dip) but shortly after, they came back...

They only feed specifically on zoos so I presume weileong must have bought some zoos frags with already some of the parasitic nudibranches on them.

We had some discussion on this way back before the server was down...

You can only remove them bit by bit, I take them out one by one using suction pipes. The only way I heard is to starve them out by removing all your zoos frags from your tanks...

Very destructive buggers, they actually "suck" the nutrients out of the zoos.... When I took out my two frags, they really stinks!

Also be careful not to use your hands when removing them, the "cute" spikes behind are actually toxic. AT related a story of how one reefer got to be admitted to hospital because he smashed one of these nudi using bare hands...