dive equipment sale

kelstorm

• SRC Member
Will be getting my suit tailored... ;)

Was just trying out the new BARE range.

since u are getting them tailored, u can consider the skeleton design.. hahahaha

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Yazid;

Got to know that you are getting a BCD.

This is how you should choose a BCD.

1) How Often?

Ask yourself how often are you going to dive. Take the price u are willing to pay and divide by the number of dives u are gonna to dive with it. This will help u decide on the next factor, PRICE.

2) Set aside a budget.

If you DO NOT, you might end up paying alot for it. A decent jacket BCD cost between $300 - $500. These are usually what we call training BCDs, build to last! Basic but functional.

For $500 - $1000 range.

You can get a better jacket BCD or even back-flotation.

For $1000 and above,

You have all choices :)

3) Jacket / Back Flotation

A back flotation provides better buoyancy control underwater, but it requires a slight getting used to.

Try to explore with dive shops if they can give u a package price that consist of a BCD and a full regulator set.

That's a good info.

I'm thinking of back floatation BCD just because it seems everyone is using it. :lol:

How often do I dives? If Dive shop gives promotion every month, I'll probably go every month. ;)

Jacket BCD, I find them hugging thus feeling comfortable/warm but somehow prevent it from deflating fully especially when the straps tends to prevent the pockets of air from escaping. I have to hug myself to push the air out. Is this normal or is it me?

Does it happen to back floatation BCD? Anybody any experience with back floatation BCD?

• SRC Member
Jacket BCD, I find them hugging thus feeling comfortable/warm but somehow prevent it from deflating fully especially when the straps tends to prevent the pockets of air from escaping. I have to hug myself to push the air out. Is this normal or is it me?

i do that all the time...but if u want to get a jacket style BC, try to locate one with a dump valve at the back of the BC, to allow u to release the air when u are diving, viola, problem solved. i now readjust the cummberband after releasing the air to get them streamline and tight to the body.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
Jacket BC do looks good in water.

I'll look around.

try to locate one with pockets or lots of D-rings or areas for u to clip your gear (if u have lots of them)... if not later end up like AT, dun know where to put his stuff.. hahaha. :P

personally, i find that with more areas to clip or attach things, u tend to bring lots of stuff underwater, which increasing the chances of losing it if not secured properly.. furthermore, i also dun like the feeling as if i am the xmas tree... lots of 'decorations'

my basic gear attached on my BC includes the following;

1. SMB

2. Magnifying Glass + pouch (on Cummberband)

3. BC Dive Knife (Attached to Corrugated Hose)

4. Whistle (Attached to Corrugated Hose)

5. Dive Slate (Trying to do away with it... hardly use it)

With the items mentioned above, i already felt like xmas tree... best part, my BC pockets, only put my left and right hand gloves... nothing else..a bit waste of space.. :lol:

Actually, My Scubapro S-tek BCD's pretty bare. I only clip my camera casing to my left D-ring.

I have one less hose with my AIR2 system.

My safety sausage is in a slim pouch that's slipped on to my cummerband at my left back.

I have a dangly pouch on my right bottom back D-ring... where I can store my gloves, slate or camera lens cover. I just find it ugly. So I want a pouch that close to my body... but my cummerband rides pretty high up around my solar plexus. It;s extremely difficult to look down and see anything on your waistline.

Sigh!

• SRC Member
It;s extremely difficult to look down and see anything on your waistline.

AT, i know how to resolve your problem... get a beer belly coz it will protrute out and u wun have any more problems looking at your stomach..... :lol:

hammerhd... it's a common fact that that those who don't have a fat stomach will not be able to see their waists because of the the scuba mask blocks the field of vision to a large degree.

He's not asking me to trim my waist.. anymore trim and you'll see a diving skeleton! :lol:

• SRC Member
he should stop spending money on diving and reef keeping and invest the money in unhealthy, fatty food to expand his bulk.

:P

but I don't think AT is THAT thin. or was it him that I saw that day on Saturday. hmm. anymore thinner and he'll be the walking grim reaper, with coral scythe in hand!

if i recall correct, AT was trying to vie for the role of Mr Thin in the Charlie Angels.. hahaha... he lost out only by a few grams. :lol::lol:

• SRC Member
hammerhd... it's a common fact that that those who don't have a fat stomach will not be able to see their waists because of the the scuba mask blocks the field of vision to a large degree.

He's not asking me to trim my waist.. anymore trim and you'll see a diving skeleton! :lol:

AT get the mares x-vision can see ur tummy, antway my meaning of trim is the trim underwater less items means less resistence in the water. :lol:

• SRC Member

if not, u can consider getting TUSA M40... me using it.. the view's great!!!!....

• SRC Member

nope...i find with self-purge, u have the tendency to exhale frequent thru your nose to remove the little bit of water inside your mask.. i like to keep some water inside my mask to take care of the fogging problem...