A new beginning

wilsontantw

Ya, Centropyge ferrugata (Rusty Angelfish).. Some actually come with whole body poker dot.. looks like leopard.. Anyway, nice pick... :thumbsup:

Rusty_20105.jpg

Hey CF, thanks for sharing the pic. Indeed it's the rusty angelfish. Usually comes with full black dots along the whole body. But I picked this cos I like the bright yellow colouration.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Just witnessed the cruelty of nature...

2 days back, got myself a seahare to deal with the tank algae.. And it was certainly doing a good job. And earlier on, while doing the routine "how's-the-corals-doing" rounds, had difficulty locating the seahare, thought it must be behind the main rockscape.. Also noticed elegance coral expanding larger than normal.

Upon closer inspection and to my disbelief, within it, lies the seahare!!!! Whatever that's left of it.

Immediately took out the carcass.. Didnt have the chance to take picture cos it stinks bad... Goodness, I never knew elegance has such exquisite appetite.

Now I wonder, what on earth was the seahare doing in/near the elegance???

Is it trying to be a sea harelegance? "ok corny i know"... Really wonder how it happened.

RIP seahare. Although it's only 2 days, your contribution is much appreciated.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Indeed bros... I wonder why the elegance did that. It's my first time having a seahare in the tank, and now, should I banish the elegance to holding tank instead?

Sigh.. Now gotta rely on the 2 algae blennies to do the lawn mowing...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

i'm trying to think of something funny or a pun to describe the sea hare thing but came up with nothing haha!

I tried as well, ended up with the corny one instead... I feel so sad for the seahare. All it was trying to do was to do it's job! Elegance oh elegance. That act was simply not elegant!

As you can see, im staying up waiting for my turn to do the diaper change thing. Wifey feeds, I change.

Thank God, Baby's been a good girl. Only wails when feeding time and poo change.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer

I tried as well, ended up with the corny one instead... I feel so sad for the seahare. All it was trying to do was to do it's job! Elegance oh elegance. That act was simply not elegant!

As you can see, im staying up waiting for my turn to do the diaper change thing. Wifey feeds, I change.

Thank God, Baby's been a good girl. Only wails when feeding time and poo change.

haha.

maybe not it's not a see hare but a seen hare. past tense. die liao. ok i know that was HORRIBLE!

oh changing a baby. good luck.

• 1 month later...

Not much updates for the past month... decided to post some progress for the past 3 months..

Holding Tank (started in late Nov or early Dec 2010 - can't really remember the exact date)

here're some progress pix (scaping still very messy)

Early Dec 2010

post-13920-0-18110100-1298216008_thumb.j

27 Dec 2010

post-13920-0-63122200-1298216018_thumb.j

31 Dec 2010

post-13920-0-17172500-1298216030_thumb.j

late Jan 2011

post-13920-0-51332600-1298216043_thumb.j

20 Feb 2011

post-13920-0-90151600-1298216055_thumb.j

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• 4 weeks later...

Wow very nice collection of SPS and zoa, hee can do frag exchange liao, i see some unique monti. =p :thumbsup:

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

Wow very nice collection of SPS and zoa, hee can do frag exchange liao, i see some unique monti. =p :thumbsup:

Actually I haven't been visiting LFS for the past 1 month. :( new stuff are mostly from exchange. And yup, look forward to more exchange programs with ya bro.

That frag rack is getting a little too heavy... let me help you lighten the load. B)

Hahaha. Indeed it is. Had to use a piranha magnet to hold it. Truth is, I've been trying to reduce the frags on the rack since late last year... Instead, the rack got bigger and it's still fully packed.

looking great bro!

those bam bams are :thumbsup: need to pay you a visit soon :D

Glad you like the BB rock... :) This is one rock that brightens up the tank. Actually some bam bam of the left died after being stung by a nearby elegance.

Let me know when u wanna pop by.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Yeah. Sometimes when I'm free I will re-read my tank thread... Remind me of where or what I used to be. And I'm grateful I met a lot of nice reefers like you who didn't put me down when I was a newbie. Instead gave me a helping hand and taught me a lot!

Anyway, exchange is definitely in the cards with you bro! You acquire so many goodies! I still can't believe is lost by seconds in the last auction. Lol.

Whenever u can bro. (btw let me know what u like first k?) I have limited quantity of those premium ones. Some I have only just 1 polyp.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|