A new beginning

wilsontantw

• Senior Reefer

previously when they were hidden in shade (i placed them in a cave)... there were stalks, and the polyps extend out...

but after i shifted them out into the light, dont see stems anymore. and they grow very fast.

when they are closed, they are flushed with the rocks.

if there are stalks and polyps extend out of it, then it's sympodium.

sorry to sound like a geek but i just cannot resist.

the genus name for this coral is sympodium.

incidentaly, in biology, sympodium refers to a pattern of branching. so next time you see a xenia looking tiny soft coral with branches and don't know what it is, think sympodium. :)

I thought of a word for Lemon liao --- softielogist -_-

Wilson bro, excited to hear that your zoas are growing well ! your ho liao looking good boyy...mine colour seems a little lighter than yours, perhaps due to higher lightings given to them. Btw, Eniram was very impress with your millie polyp extention siah :bow:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

thanks lemon for the ID.

Well bro... giving the millies (and other SPS) the right flow was definitely a good start! :friends:

That they don't teach in books... haha... so appreciate your tips.

the peach zoas colours seemed to be holding up well, and already stable and propagating.

btw: i was late today (again)... my secret sparrow told me you got something really really "nice"... must pay you a visit next weekend.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member

:welldone: Superb Fijian Pipes mate. Let me know when U have spare frags available as I'm trying to create a 'Polynesian Cultural' section in moi tanky. :eyebrow:

2 variants of fiji pipe organs.. pretty fast growers...

they add a different look and feel to the tank (looks more flowery now).

post-13920-021288700 1281797429_thumb.jp

post-13920-035605100 1281797439_thumb.jp

Wah, wilson a lot of hor liao ah:P

Just collecting small stuff but more variants. Not really ho Liao bro. Most are inexpensive types. :)

:welldone: Superb Fijian Pipes mate. Let me know when U have spare frags available as I'm trying to create a 'Polynesian Cultural' section in moi tanky. :eyebrow:

Hey dude. Sure, will let u know when they are ready. Shouldn't be long.

can post ur ric garden.

Hmmm how abt a partial shot at Post # above. Did a rescape to create space for other corals. Rics are now near sandbed. Just anyhow place them there. They seemed to like it better and opening bigger. Some even split.

You interested in the rics??

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

wahahhahaha Exchange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :groupwavereversed:

Drop by your place someday. When can you make it?! ^_^

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

oh my.. such a hidden dragon siah this bro wilson! lol. :groupwavereversed:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

wahahhahaha Exchange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drop by your place someday. When can you make it?! ^_^

Bro bro bro... My doors are open anytime for you man! Haha, cos got baby at home, can be quite tricky when it comes to meeting friends.

just gimme a call when u free over weekend. Chances are I'll be home sat morning, evenings. And possible Sunday after 4pm.

Btw: not all the zoas are ready for frags leh. Som are encrusted on base rock. Some only 5 or less polyps. Let me know first k in case you make a wasted trip all the way from the west end. :)

oh my.. such a hidden dragon siah this bro wilson! lol. :groupwavereversed:

Haha. Pls don't say that. I'm really just collecting little frags here and there. Nothing compared to the genuine collectors. Can help me expand my collection? :)

good stuff!!!

thanks kilo bro. thanks for your contribution too. Hope you like those I shared. :) Ur collection is growing too. :)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

Bro bro bro... My doors are open anytime for you man! Haha, cos got baby at home, can be quite tricky when it comes to meeting friends.

just gimme a call when u free over weekend. Chances are I'll be home sat morning, evenings. And possible Sunday after 4pm.

Btw: not all the zoas are ready for frags leh. Som are encrusted on base rock. Some only 5 or less polyps. Let me know first k in case you make a wasted trip all the way from the west end. :)

I understand my friend. Sunday seem good to me, keep in touch Wilson.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Nice collection.. Dun have much of a collection now to swop... Hope we can do trade in the future..

Thanks terry. Whenever u r ready. I'll consider blue seafan for exchange. :)

Yummy! :thumbsup: Looks like the frag is doing well!

Mine is doing good too. Baby polyp making its way out!

Goodness Eugene. The frag(s) are doing so good. It actually grew to the underside of the acrylic. Don't understand how that can happen too. Haha. Btw how's the PD frag doing? Should be stabilized already right? I'm observing the colony and seemed like they are recovering well.

I understand my friend. Sunday seem good to me, keep in touch Wilson.

:) hear from you Lawrence.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|