A new beginning

wilsontantw

Fuel bro,

I have a few questions, not sure if you can help here...

1) can it be used underwater?

2) any difference in curing time in/out of water?

3) once it's cured, any possibility of 'removing' it?

For sure I need the epoxy the LR. It's more stable now but everytime I place something on top, feels like it will topple anytime.

I'm just thinking if this is going to replace my zoas/sps gel glue too.

Yes, this can be used underwater. There is no difference in curing time in/out of water. Once it is cured, you can remove it like normal epoxy by breaking it off.

You should not use this to replace your superglue gel for smaller frags as it will be very expensive to do so. This product should only be used for larger frags in which you do not wish to use an exorbitant amount of normal epoxy/superglue which will make the look ugly. As it is very soft when initially kneaded, it is very easy to work with underwater. You only need to hold your rocks for around 1min40secs after the 20secs of kneading. By then the epoxy would have hardened, you can safely release the rocks and reinforce with additional normal epoxy if you wish. If you use this product wisely, it can last you a long long time.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• Senior Reefer

Yummy!! Do u know where I can find them and how much???

But I'm still trying to get my leopard wrasse outta the tank. Yellow clown goby is now out. Thank goodness.

they're very very beautiful but uncommon and almost no one here knows about them.

coral farm has some now. enough to make a small group.

but they aren't cheap/ 3 red notes before their usual 20% discount. but this is 1 fish worth every cent.

Woah! 3 red notes each!!!!???

I still think I must get leopard wrasse out first. Else no more new fish.

I just got a mandarin and copperband today.

Hehe. Crazy hor. Mandarin seems to be finding food, I seen some pods in my filter socks so should be ok.

Copperband is to take care of a handful of aiptasias.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it'll take learn to eat pellets after aiptasias run out. Do a "monkey see monkey do" during feeding.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• Senior Reefer

Woah! 3 red notes each!!!!???

I still think I must get leopard wrasse out first. Else no more new fish.

I just got a mandarin and copperband today.

Hehe. Crazy hor. Mandarin seems to be finding food, I seen some pods in my filter socks so should be ok.

Copperband is to take care of a handful of aiptasias.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it'll take learn to eat pellets after aiptasias run out. Do a "monkey see monkey do" during feeding.

yes its very expensive for a chromis. but cf has big discount and it's very uncommon and worth it if you're a rare fish geek.

oh copperbands very difficult to eat pellet. they're very clumsy with their long mouth. you will have better chance with flake.

Hehe. Yes I tried the ultra concentrated kalk method and definitely works (all the time).

Problem is, I forgot about it today during shopping.

I'll try the kalk method tmrw on aips and try force feed copperband with "grinded pellets".

Oh the zoas ah, I'm going to take everything out and fw dip + coral ex dip next weekend. Some of them doesn't seemed to be opening.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

I just transferred them from the holding tank to the main tank today. Hope they do better with more light. The most important frag is not doing well... I had to split the healthier polyp from the rest, dipped all in Coral RX, followed by idodine, before putting it back to the main tank. Keeping my fingers crossed...

I collected the most important frag from Ray that night. So far only 3 polyps are opened. The consolation is the colour now looks better.

Still trying to figure out what's wrong. Tmrw will be doing another 10% water change. Hoping it'll make a difference.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

Bro, I just bought the Premium Aquatics 1-2 glue to give it a try, and its really effective! A word of caution though... you need fast hands!

You must confirm the position you want before kneading the 2 parts together. Once they are mixed, it cures really fast. I wasted a thumb's size worth as I didn't expect it to harden so quickly. It holds the rocks pretty well, good adhesive strength. Doesn't leave any residue as claimed.

The only complaint that I have is the price for the amount of "dough". If the price can be lowered further, I'm sure this product will be a hot seller. :thumbsup:

Bro, I just bought the Premium Aquatics 1-2 glue to give it a try, and its really effective! A word of caution though... you need fast hands!

You must confirm the position you want before kneading the 2 parts together. Once they are mixed, it cures really fast. I wasted a thumb's size worth as I didn't expect it to harden so quickly. It holds the rocks pretty well, good adhesive strength. Doesn't leave any residue as claimed.

The only complaint that I have is the price for the amount of "dough". If the price can be lowered further, I'm sure this product will be a hot seller. :thumbsup:

but bro, does it cause the skimmer to go crazy?

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

The only complaint that I have is the price for the amount of "dough". If the price can be lowered further, I'm sure this product will be a hot seller. thumbsup.gif

Wish I could lower it further but there is no wholesale price for this product at the moment. Honestly speaking, the margin on this product is pathetic even though I brought in 30 packs (already 600usd worth of epoxy excluding shipping). Put it this way..in order to cover back my cost, I need to sell 23 packs out of 30 packs.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Wish I could lower it further but there is no wholesale price for this product at the moment. Honestly speaking, the margin on this product is pathetic even though I brought in 30 packs (already 600usd worth of epoxy excluding shipping). Put it this way..in order to cover back my cost, I need to sell 23 packs out of 30 packs.

Its a good product, so I believe people are still willing to buy. I'm sure there will be price adjustments as things progress.

Haha. Thanks Jeremy. I haven't been checking out my thread for awhile.

Just did a series of test earlier in the morning. And here are the results:

PH: 8.5 (a lil too high)

Salinity: 1.025 (just nice)

KH: 9.6dKH or 3.43 Meg/L

CA: 410 (can be a lil higher)

MG: 1110

PO4: woo hoo, negligible! And the best part is, I've not been using any chemical filtration for the past 2 weeks. Very happy.

Dose a little "miracle top up water" from Iwarna after the tests.

Will do another round of measurement tomorrow.

Didn't measure NO3, am quietly confident it should be ok. (I hope).

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer

hey wilson regarding that beautiful chromis, the vanderbilt chromis, it's not 3 red notes.

it's only 2 gold coins. coral farm aunty mis-ID it.

but it's a very sensitive chromis so handle with care if you want to get it.

Woah!! Only 2 gold coins?!?

Then again, I must be responsible even when it's inexpensive. Lately, I had a lot of fish death. I just picked up a royal gamma carcass this afternoon. Sigh. So I'll not be stocking fish for the moment. Am going into "maintenance" mode. If anything, would be buying corals or sps frags.

Quite happy to see some growth lately for zoas and sps.

For once, this 1 polyp sunflower that I had for MONTHS, decided to give birth to not one, but 2 baby polyps!

And the PD which I got recently, all opened up.

Eugene: no worries bro. As promised, just come over with your frag tool. I can spare you 2 polyps. (hope that's enuff?)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

heya bro!, nice meeting you @ bro Cedric's house for e worldcup game, sorry didn't able to chat much with you guys as i was late. :) though I don't normally watch soccer, but could tell it was a beautiful game by German, until their 4th goal, lol.

Like your tower for ya corals! looks somewhat like LOTR (eye of Sauron!) cool stuff! :evil:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)