A new beginning

wilsontantw

• Senior Reefer

again, you amazed me! THanks for correctly IDing them. I actually found the tentacles opening up earlier (when the lights were off). Should have taken the chance to take a shot and feed it. That's the healthy one.

The 'first' one, also has some mini tentacles but like you said, i'm hoping for the best too!

Now, i found myself a new challenge!

the tentacles are rather transparent-pink right? typical of balanophyllias. the lime green center 1 is very nice! if you can find it.

the tentacles are rather transparent-pink right? typical of balanophyllias. the lime green center 1 is very nice! if you can find it.

yes. It's quite translucent pink. Went to "observe" it earlier and the polyps are open. So took the chance to feed it mysis. Quite certain the healthy one is ok. The other piece has tinge of yellow center. But not feeding well. Plus flow is a little strong.

Managed to feed 1 Miserable mysis.

It's going to be hard work if I have to feed at 130am daily!!!!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

thanks hwee! hey, just wondering if you remember the names of those tiny fishes in ur tank? I'm actually trying to keep them in my tank too.

The small tiny red one : Eviota Pellucida?

Henry brings them in quite often.

but put inside your tank.... maybe you will not be able to locate it :P

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Thanks for the compliment.

Just a little shopping here and there. Mostly are from rescued from previous setup.

Very thankful that i didn't lose everything. It would probably have been game over then.

Still looking out for some schooling fishes.

Narrowed down to blue/green chromis or banggai cardinals. Dunno if there are other low bioload options.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer

Just a little shopping here and there. Mostly are from rescued from previous setup.

Very thankful that i didn't lose everything. It would probably have been game over then.

Narrowed down to blue/green chromis or banggai cardinals. Dunno if there are other low bioload options.

banggai cardinals don't really school well in our home tanks. more often than not a pair will form and bully the hell out of the outcast until die. so better to keep a pair.

chromis.... well.. i never liked them. nice at first but grows fast and looks messy when they're all big.

you can try some anthias... or if you're the exotic kind like me, a harem of wrasses instead of anthias. i had success with wrasse harems before and it's very nice to see. but the problem is they don't school. just swim around in loose groups.

• Senior Reefer

how about a school of helfrichi?

worse. dartfishes are not schooling fishes even in nature. they don't school, only form large feeding masses. at the end of the day all will kill themselves till left about 2.

haha. so brutal..

moreover the price! :pirate:

worse. dartfishes are not schooling fishes even in nature. they don't school, only form large feeding masses. at the end of the day all will kill themselves till left about 2.

haha. so brutal..

moreover the price! :pirate:

ya right... maybe candy basslet! or Gem Tang! ... kekkekeke... just kidding...........

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

thanks for the many suggestions...

actually both banggai and chromis are not ideal for me...

banggai - too dull colours

chromis - grows big too fast (unsuitable for a small tank like mine)

but i kinda like lemon's suggestion... let's see if i can find them around and see what $$$.

Jacky ah, sorry but i aint no tycoonaut lor. school of helfrinch?? haha... in my dreams maybe. Nevermind lah, i'll just hang in there for now...

Long nose butterfly??

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

and apparently bartletts, are super nice colours, but i bought 3 for $100 previously at Irwana.

All MIA within 3 days. I cannot take this kind of disappointment sia!

actually your tank quite small. why want a school of fishes?

• Senior Reefer

the fish i mentioned, aioliops megastigma, is available at ahbeng occasionally. very cheap and comes in 15 pieces.

longnose butterfly is one of my favourite butterflyfishes. exceptionally beautiful and very very easy to feed.

• SRC Member

and apparently bartletts, are super nice colours, but i bought 3 for $100 previously at Irwana.

All MIA within 3 days. I cannot take this kind of disappointment sia!

wah bro don't scare me sia... this kinda investment... v. scary if they mia!

actually your tank quite small. why want a school of fishes?

the new scape has lots of empty space for fish to swim. But none of the fish i currently have are schooling. Thus gotta look for tiny schooling fish, see some fish movements, but dont add too much bioload.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

the fish i mentioned, aioliops megastigma, is available at ahbeng occasionally. very cheap and comes in 15 pieces.

longnose butterfly is one of my favourite butterflyfishes. exceptionally beautiful and very very easy to feed.

thanks lemon... i guess i'll see ah beng a lot more frequently beginning this weekend. 15 tiny fish.. sounds good for me.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

wah bro don't scare me sia... this kinda investment... v. scary if they mia!

hey, thats just my tank and setup. Probably then my Nitrate level was too high. and i didn't acclimitize them correctly. A lot of other factors lah.

Besides, that was my first (probably last) time trying to keep anthias.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member

i would go for your initial choice of blue/green chromis..

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member

i will be happy with a school of Maldives Lyretail Anthias.

perhaps with a bigger tank :<

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.